2011 AZ wing encampment?

Started by Sgt. Fischer, May 01, 2012, 06:12:13 PM

Sgt. Fischer

Did anyone here go to the AZ Wing encampment in 2011?

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

I wasn't there, but I have been to several AZ encampments. What info are you looking for?
National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on May 02, 2012, 07:17:20 PM
I wasn't there, but I have been to several AZ encampments. What info are you looking for?

Sir,

I wasn't exactly looking for specific information, i wanted to see if any of my old encampment buddies were here!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

Ok, I see. Since we're here, and out of curiosity, what Cadet Training Squadron were you part of last year?
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on May 03, 2012, 04:28:52 AM
Ok, I see. Since we're here, and out of curiosity, what Cadet Training Squadron were you part of last year?

Sir? I'm not sure what you mean.

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Extremepredjudice

At encampment they put you in flights. They put 2-3 flghts in squadrons.

They name the flghts alphabetically.
Alpha
Bravo
Charlie, etc.
They name the squadrons numerically.
3., etc.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

I was in Squadron 4, H Flight at Sheppard AFB, TX encampment in 1977!  How is that for totally worthless information?  Now if I could just remember where I parked my car...

Jamie Hurley

I was the cadet commander of the 2005 AZWG encampment, and I started the Arizona Cadet Training Group. I changed the mission statement of the prior Arizona Wing Encampments, as well as the training motto, and adopted the idea of other wings who use a numerical cadet training group in order to foster more pride and commitment from cadets to their training.

Each encampment held in the wing is the next numerical cadet training group (2005 was the 1st, 2006 was the 2nd, etc)  The encampment squadrons were supposed to continue following the same path (the 2005 squadrons were 1 and 2, the 2006 squadrons were 3 and 4 and so on)

2011 should have been the 7th Arizona Cadet Training Group with the 13th and 14th Arizona Cadet Training Squadrons. I was curious if the practice was still being followed.
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: 754837 on May 03, 2012, 04:34:53 PM
I was in Squadron 4, H Flight at Sheppard AFB, TX encampment in 1977!  How is that for totally worthless information?  Now if I could just remember where I parked my car...

Yeah... It's kinda hard to find anything at Encampment....  :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on May 03, 2012, 04:40:55 PM
I was the cadet commander of the 2005 AZWG encampment, and I started the Arizona Cadet Training Group. I changed the mission statement of the prior Arizona Wing Encampments, as well as the training motto, and adopted the idea of other wings who use a numerical cadet training group in order to foster more pride and commitment from cadets to their training.

Each encampment held in the wing is the next numerical cadet training group (2005 was the 1st, 2006 was the 2nd, etc)  The encampment squadrons were supposed to continue following the same path (the 2005 squadrons were 1 and 2, the 2006 squadrons were 3 and 4 and so on)

2011 should have been the 7th Arizona Cadet Training Group with the 13th and 14th Arizona Cadet Training Squadrons. I was curious if the practice was still being followed.

OHH!! Yes! It was the 7th! And I was in squadron 13!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 03, 2012, 04:22:15 PM
At encampment they put you in flights. They put 2-3 flghts in squadrons.

They name the flghts alphabetically.
Alpha
Bravo
Charlie, etc.
They name the squadrons numerically.
3., etc.

Yup... I was in Bravo! I miss My Encampment.....  :(  :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

Great, thank you. I'm glad to hear that are still carrying it on. The cadet commander was C/Lt Col Simpson correct? As a cadet, he was one of my best friends, and one of the sharpest  and most dependable cadets I ever knew.

Are you returning to staff this year?
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on May 03, 2012, 05:08:20 PM
Great, thank you. I'm glad to hear that are still carrying it on. The cadet commander was C/Lt Col Simpson correct? As a cadet, he was one of my best friends, and one of the sharpest  and most dependable cadets I ever knew.

Are you returning to staff this year?

That is correct, Sir. Simpson was the CC.

I would like to attend staff, but I was too late with the registration.  :( :(

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Jamie Hurley

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 03, 2012, 07:01:42 PMI would like to attend staff, but I was too late with the registration.  :( :(

Bummer. I guess, let that serve as a lesson to always watch for deadlines.
Spaatz 1644

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on May 03, 2012, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 03, 2012, 07:01:42 PMI would like to attend staff, but I was too late with the registration.  :( :(

Bummer. I guess, let that serve as a lesson to always watch for deadlines.

Yeah.. Next time, I'm going to get it in early!  :D

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!