Quality Cadet unit award mistake on certificates should be 2011 not 2012

Started by spacecommand, March 19, 2012, 12:51:12 AM

spacecommand

I notice the certificates being handed out to all the Quality Cadet Unit awards have been noted as "2012" in big blue text. 

However it should say for "2011".

The 2012 ones should be awarded next year in 2013....  Sent messages to National with no response.  Guess they didn't catch the mistake until all the certificates, banners etc were created and sent out @_@

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/quality_cadet_unit_award.cfm

Offutteer

Really???

I'm looking at a Squadron of Merit Certificate and it says
QuoteHas been designated a Civil Air Patrol Squadron of Merit 2011 award winner for exceptional cadet programs performance throughout the year 2010.

It was handed out in the spring last year, so if the cadet team used the same thought for the Quality awards, then it would be the 2012 awards based on the 2011 data.

a2capt

The award is for "2012" (based on 2011 performance), because it's award in 2012.
The NCC champions are for the year of the event, even though many of them started, and had one or two of their competitions in the previous year.

spacecommand

The award is described as  "Quality Cadet Unit" for 2011, yet the certificates and everything says 2012 on it. 

"The Quality Cadet Unit Awards" are for events that happened Jan 1 2011 - December 31 2011.  The only item that happened in 2012 was the award winners were announced in January.

Майор Хаткевич

I believe our Squadron of Merit in 2007 was for actions in 2006...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

With the new criteria, I guess the award be called "2012 Award Part II" since now the award schedule has been changed to September 2012 instead of January 2012.

Eclipse

Quote from: spacecommand on April 06, 2012, 09:40:25 PM
With the new criteria, I guess the award be called "2012 Award Part II" since now the award schedule has been changed to September 2012 instead of January 2012.

At least they will correspond with the fiscal year and be able to be presented at the holiday parties, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Patterson

Wait a second.....Wing keeps telling me there are no certificates or awards for Squadrons that were awarded "Quality Cadet Unit"??

What exactly are units receiving that my Wing is not forwarding?

Thanks!!

spacecommand

Quote from: Patterson on April 16, 2012, 10:24:52 AM
Wait a second.....Wing keeps telling me there are no certificates or awards for Squadrons that were awarded "Quality Cadet Unit"??

What exactly are units receiving that my Wing is not forwarding?

Thanks!!

"A high quality award certificate that will be presented by wing headquarters at an appropriate venue."

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/quality_cadet_unit_award.cfm

That's what we got and other units in our wing and neighboring Wing as well.

Looks like this:

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

spacecommand

LOL I don't know what happened.  I had a link but now I can't find it anymore.  Anyway, it's a certificate you should be getting from Wing.