Spaatz Test

Started by gajnrshooter, March 01, 2012, 06:20:40 PM

gajnrshooter

Hello All,

I am planning to take the Spaatz test in one week, March 8th. I beleive I am pretty well prepared, but I just wanted to check and see if any Spaatzens or Spaatz test takers, here have any tips, tricks, or advice for me.

Thanks!

lordmonar

Study.

If you are worried about failing.....picke one of the areas and focus on that one...and only that one.

Pass that test and then you got two more shots at the other one.

What ever approach you take....bottom line is study.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Extremepredjudice

Make sure you can pass the PT with a little wiggle room.

Other than that study! When you take the test have a glass of cold water, it'll help you focus.

Best of luck, sir!!!!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

coudano

get a good night's sleep before the test and eat a decent breakfast

DakRadz

Out of curiousity, how did it go? Hope all was well!

CAPC/officer125

Question for all attemptees and Spaatzens: how long, on average, did you study for your test?
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Nathan

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on April 04, 2012, 10:16:42 PM
Question for all attemptees and Spaatzens: how long, on average, did you study for your test?

The first time, probably two months, alongside my regular college work. Missed the AE portion by one question, meaning my retake was only over the AE portion.

The second time I retook it, I spent the entire minimum time (can't remember what it is off the top of my head) studying for just the AE portion. Passed it pretty easily this time, so the amount of studying I did might have been overkill.

I can't figure out how many hours total that might have been. I was working out every day to make sure I was ready for the PT portion, and studied for the academic portions by devoting the same time per subject as I was to all of my other college classes.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

crisptheyounger

I had the benefit of being out of school and without a lot of other work when I studied, so I was able to put in a good 5-6 hours a day for 3-4 weeks on studying just AE and Leadership. This was probably way more than actually needed since I passed both tests less than an hour. I also was able to study with another Spaatz tester which helped a lot by making sure I hadn't missed anything important.

I still have most of my study materials, so if anyone wants them, PM me.
Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873