Main Menu

ICUT???

Started by belletara, January 16, 2012, 08:50:58 AM

Eclipse

Just make it a Facebook app where they think they are voting on J-Lo's latest red carpet appearance and you'll have it done in an hour.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on January 19, 2012, 05:42:56 PM
Just make it a Facebook app where they think they are voting on J-Lo's latest red carpet appearance and you'll have it done in an hour.

+1 ;D

arajca

Quote from: Walkman on January 19, 2012, 03:26:03 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on January 19, 2012, 01:15:43 PM
Anyways is ICUT still going to be taken online?

Quote from: arajca on January 19, 2012, 03:08:04 PM
Yes, ICUT is planned to be online, but they are going to have a classroom version as well. Both will have a hands on section that needs to be completed before you get credit for the training

I like some online training, but IMO, for something like this, it would have to be WAY better than a few PPT slides.
According to some information that escaped from the aforementioned committee, most of it is video, not death by powerpoint.

lordmonar

I don't care about the format so much.....so long as the training pipeline is not funneled down to one or two people in the wing.

ACUT/BCUT is such a pain because only a handful of people have been graced by COMM as being able to teach it.

ICUT...basic user level....needs to be an on-line training with a practical sign off by the squadron comm officer.
ES Comm needs to be signed off by an ES comm SETS.
Upper level Comm can be signed off by wing and higher comm.

STOP Bottle Necking the training!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

^ I agree, by the time you would get to using a radio for anything critical, you would be trained and monitored by someone directly (i.e. MRO, CUL, ES use, etc.).

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

Quote from: lordmonar on January 19, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
I don't care about the format so much.....so long as the training pipeline is not funneled down to one or two people in the wing.

ACUT/BCUT is such a pain because only a handful of people have been graced by COMM as being able to teach it.

ICUT...basic user level....needs to be an on-line training with a practical sign off by the squadron comm officer.
ES Comm needs to be signed off by an ES comm SETS.
Upper level Comm can be signed off by wing and higher comm.

STOP Bottle Necking the training!

You sir hit the nail on the head!
WE BOTTLENECK ourselves repeatedly.
And so many people are so stuck on the regulations and "policies" real and imagined that nothing ever gets done. A cadet can go years without being signed off thru no fault of their own... Seniors also, but I get frustrated looking at the cadet end of the spectrum- we seniors have a bit more flexibility.
Some regions have term limits for Wing King and Unit Commanders which can be a good thing. Unfortunately there is little rotation of those in other vital positions who may be "entrenched" in the way things have been done and an incoming officer has a lot on his plate and may not even know what is going on. I wish that all positions within Wings and Regions would rotate on a cycle of some kind. I think it would help keep things fresh and encourage change.

Eclipse

Wing CC terms are prescribed nationally.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

This is not so much about people being entrenched......as opposed to the system being entrenched.

CAP COMM is program in and of itself AND it is a function of ES.

I can do all my ES training organiclly.....including all the "use radios in ES" tasks.....but I still have to go to wing to get a "certfified BCUT insturctor" to come out to my squadron to do BCUT.

They don't share the information, they don't share the training slides.
They try to tell me it is because they "want to control the quality of the training"....but I have has some really bad BCUT instructors.

On the ES side of the house.....no one really cares about ACUT/BCUT in the field.  "here's a radio..we are on channel 2...you are Bigman 2...and I am Bigman 1.....let's go!" (this by the way was the extend of my "radio" training I got in the USAF.

I am not saying training is not important.....I am saying the "all holy of holies BCUT and your CAP ROP card" is not all that important.  Proper supervision is the key to training new comm operators.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

EMT-83

+1  Now everyone forward that post to your Wing DC.

Only kidding, but it did hit the nail squarely on the head

rustyjeeper

Quote from: EMT-83 on January 20, 2012, 01:05:07 AM
+1  Now everyone forward that post to your Wing DC.

Only kidding, but it did hit the nail squarely on the head

Yes it did!
and we have some EXCELLENT people we would lose if all positions were rotated as I suggested. BUT we also have some who perpetuate bottlenecking and do their very best to keep things as they are in the name of "better quality" training.
Remove the roadblocks and the programs will improve and our capabilities increase as a result. Now it can take years to get people qualified and even if you have a qualified evaluator you can't use them unless they are Wing approved. I know of people who have been signed off at NESA and come home only to be told they are not qualified to evaluate since the training wasnt done the way Wing wants it done. That may have changed I do not know- but to me that indicates a problem if still the case.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on January 19, 2012, 10:38:24 PM

What about Region DC, Wing DC, Group DC and even Squadron DC? We all have seen or know people that has been a 'place holder' for way to long. It is one thing to be exceptional at your assignment its another when somebody is just filling a Staff position.

JMHO   ::)

PHall

Duke Dillio

Quote from: PHall on January 22, 2012, 06:19:01 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 19, 2012, 10:38:24 PM

Cite please?

CAP Constitution and Bylaws, Article XIV, 1g:

"Wing commanders shall serve a probationary period of one year followed by a three-year term of
office. The region commander may grant an additional one-year term with the concurrence of the
National Commander. Any time during the probationary period, the region commander may remove the
wing commander with or without cause and without a right of appeal except as provided in Article XVI."

EDIT: Added quotes