Main Menu

ICUT???

Started by belletara, January 16, 2012, 08:50:58 AM

belletara

Does anyone know whether or not ICUT has gone online, and if not when it is planned to??
I had 53 cadets and seniors (5 seniors that is) that are trying to figure out whether or not it
Would be worth scheduling an BCUT/ACUT training weekend series... Or just wait for the ICUT???

Extremepredjudice

No one knows on the ICUT. don't bother waiting, get the ACUT/BCUT training.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

MSG Mac

According to the National Administrators quarterly OPen Cockpit column, I-Cut is in beta testing and should be released by the end of the March
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

rustyjeeper

Quote from: MSG Mac on January 16, 2012, 02:59:11 PM
According to the National Administrators quarterly OPen Cockpit column, I-Cut is in beta testing and should be released by the end of the March

I also heard that and I also heard that an announcement authorizing ABU's would be released simoltaneously  >:D

Walkman

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 16, 2012, 09:33:21 AM
...get the ACUT/BCUT training.

...I-Cut is in beta testing and should be released by the end of the March

Does anyone know if once I-Cut is released if those with A-Cut will have to take it or will that qual be grandfathered?

davidsinn

Quote from: Walkman on January 16, 2012, 04:17:42 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 16, 2012, 09:33:21 AM
...get the ACUT/BCUT training.

...I-Cut is in beta testing and should be released by the end of the March

Does anyone know if once I-Cut is released if those with A-Cut will have to take it or will that qual be grandfathered?

This is CAP, of course we will have to take it. Just like everybody had to take intro to safety...

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

UpstateSAR

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 16, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
I also heard that and I also heard that an announcement authorizing ABU's would be released simoltaneously  >:D

and we all know how that ends. >:D

rustyjeeper

On a more serious note. My money is on a "semi grandfather" basis for those who have A-Cut completed.... We will likely be allowed to continue in our jobs and be given six months to a year to take the I-Cut course. There is no way we would get a free pass and be excused as someone prior mentioned "this is CAP"  ;D

lordmonar

I would take the ICUT training anyways....just to see what it is all about.  Also....if they follow the original ICUT plan...there will be more specialties within the COMMS training and just B-CUT/A-CUT.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

arajca

No grandfathering. Everyone who wants to be involved with Comm is some fashion (this includes anyone whose ES quals require B-CUT) will need to complete I-CUT within their recertification cycle. I-CUT is supposed to contain a bunch of new information regarding our current system AND it requires a hands-on test. Eventually, there will be a classroom version released, however, National is developing requirements for who can instruct it. The "I-just-took-B-CUT-and-I-know-everything-about-it" instructor crowd will find themselves not authorized.

B-CUT/A-CUT - for now, just do it. I-CUT is already more than two years behind schedule. The dreams desires of National are irrelevent.

Persona non grata

So when is this going to Happen?  Comm geek squad stil cant figure it out!
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

ol'fido

A group of seniors did the ICUT instructors course last summer at encampment. This was a beta test version and still had several glitches and incorrect answers on it. One of them told me that just like a lot of CAP "revisions" there is no really new material just a repackaging of the "same old, same old".
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Spaceman3750

Supposedly ICUT was beta'd at NESA this year as well.

Larry Mangum

ICUT was beta'ed at NESA this last year. From that it is my understanding, that thoses us who already have ACUT will only have to take module 2 of the ICUT to start.  Eventually as they change the program even more, there will be additinal modules that will need to be taken depending upon your ratings.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Brad

Cannot stress this enough: take BCUT/ACUT while you still can!! If you do this then you will be grandfathered radio privileges for 2 years after ICUT starts. If nobody in your squadron has BCUT/ACUT then they have to immediately take ICUT....all 30-something modules. The problem of course is that us the instructors will still be learning the new curriculum too so you'll be on your own.

So yea, take BCUT/ACUT. Same privileges in the end, just different approach.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 17, 2012, 01:34:01 PM
ICUT was beta'ed at NESA this last year. From that it is my understanding, that thoses us who already have ACUT will only have to take module 2 of the ICUT to start.  Eventually as they change the program even more, there will be additinal modules that will need to be taken depending upon your ratings.

This is what I've heard as well.

I also understand that the lower-levels are much more operator-focused (vs. radio theory, etc.)

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

ICUT = Introductory Communications Users Training will be senior to "Advance" Communications Users Training? Who would have thunk that?

Anyways is ICUT still going to be taken online? I really think CAP is totally unaware of the K.I.S.S. principle   ::)

arajca

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 19, 2012, 01:15:43 PM
ICUT = Introductory Communications Users Training will be senior to "Advance" Communications Users Training? Who would have thunk that?

Anyways is ICUT still going to be taken online? I really think CAP is totally unaware of the K.I.S.S. principle   ::)

ICUT will not senior to ACUT. ICUT will REPLACE ACUT. ICUT is not an additional level. It replaces both BCUT and ACUT.

Yes, ICUT is planned to be online, but they are going to have a classroom version as well. Both will have a hands on section that needs to be completed before you get credit for the training. National is supposedly developing standards for instructors and evaluators, but they haven't told anyone outside of the Super Secret Comunications Training CommitteeTM what those standards will be and if anyone outside of said committee will be permitted to instruct ICUT or administer the hands on component.

Walkman

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 19, 2012, 01:15:43 PM
Anyways is ICUT still going to be taken online?

Quote from: arajca on January 19, 2012, 03:08:04 PM
Yes, ICUT is planned to be online, but they are going to have a classroom version as well. Both will have a hands on section that needs to be completed before you get credit for the training

I like some online training, but IMO, for something like this, it would have to be WAY better than a few PPT slides.

Spaceman3750

Blended learning will be worse than strictly online learning for ICUT simply because it will be hell getting everyone to do the online portion. It's one thing to sit everyone in the same room on a meeting night and say "Here, learn", it's another thing to get them to go home and do something on the dreaded computer.