Should this really NOT happen?

Started by pilot97, November 12, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

ßτε

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2011, 02:01:35 PM
Quote from: PHall on November 15, 2011, 04:08:43 AM
Quote from: Ron1319 on November 15, 2011, 03:44:06 AM
I haven't heard nearly as many good senior member donuts jokes since I've been out here in CAWG as I did when I was a cadet in OHWG.

We don't do donuts in CAWG. We do burritos! 8)

Are you saying there isn't a Dunkin Donuts on every corner?
As far as I know, there are no Dunkin' Donuts stores in California.

Edit to add: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/09/dunkin-donuts-california.html

Майор Хаткевич

Hm, I did not know they are not a national chain. Here in Chicago, there is a Dunkin Donuts between every two Starbucks!

Spaceman3750

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 15, 2011, 08:49:53 PM
Hm, I did not know they are not a national chain. Here in Chicago, there is a Dunkin Donuts between every two Starbucks!

You need to get out more... There's none where I'm at downstate - supposedly one guy owns the rights to this part of the state and he hasn't done anything with them.

Eclipse

As someone who regularly gets out that way, I can tell you it is a D2 desert out West.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on November 15, 2011, 08:55:41 PM

As someone who regularly gets out that way, I can tell you it is a D2 desert out West.

Time to revise my resume. Relocating to California? Ain't happening now.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major Lord

Well, we still have "In & Out Burgers", which you won't find in the savage lands.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

titanII

What, there are areas of the Earth without two Dunkin's every block?! The Horror!!!  :o
-resident New Englander, and admitted Dunkin Donut's addict
;D
No longer active on CAP talk

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Lord on November 15, 2011, 10:22:00 PM
Well, we still have "In & Out Burgers", which you won't find in the savage lands.....

A t-shirt shop pretending to be a burger joint - not feelin' it.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on November 15, 2011, 10:41:19 PM

Have you ever actually eaten one of their burgers?

They have a simple menu - burgers, fries and drinks. Those of us who go there like the product and the service. The burgers are better than anything else available in their marketing area, the fries are made fresh (like they used to be made in most fast food places 40 years ago), and the shakes taste good.

What more can you ask for.

As for the t-shirts, they are relatively recent, in terms of the company history.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

johnnyb47

Quote from: SarDragon on November 15, 2011, 10:50:52 PM

They have a simple menu - burgers, fries and drinks. Those of us who go there like the product and the service. The burgers are better than anything else available in their marketing area, the fries are made fresh (like they used to be made in most fast food places 40 years ago), and the shakes taste good.

What more can you ask for.

As for the t-shirts, they are relatively recent, in terms of the company history.
I've read that In N Out burger is one of the few chains left that does NOT use pink slime in their burgers.
If you don't know what pink slime is and don't mind being turned off to fast food in general feel free to google it.
:o
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pilot97

Quote from: Ron1319 on November 13, 2011, 09:38:53 PM
It's not particularly difficult to link those databases so that entry in eServices and payment entry would crosscheck with 2B history and raise a red flag.  If a cadet is guilty of assault with a deadly weapon, then they should definitely be 2B'd regardless of their desire to resign so that they show up in said database.

Sir, What is 2'bd ?
:-\
C/MSgt.

Salty

It means you get the boot out of CAP.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

RogueLeader

And no coming back without a waiver signed by the National Commander and Executive Director.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on November 15, 2011, 10:50:52 PM

Yes - meh.  But then I don't like Culver's either, and they are supposed to be great, too.

Might be a product of the build-up.  Since we don't have them in the Mid-West, anytime you go to Vegas or Cali, etc.,
everybody wants to go to IaOB.  Give me something flame-broiled from the local mom and pop any day.

John_Bowers - thanks for that just before dinner.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 15, 2011, 11:40:55 PM
And no coming back without a waiver signed by the National Commander and Executive Director.

Technically true, but for clarity CAPF 2B is the form used anytime a membership is terminated for any reason, including
voluntary resignation.  "2B" is used as short-hand in the same way "court martial" or "Article 15" are used in the military since in
most cases it is used when an adverse condition requires involuntary termination.

I had one case where a cadet requested a voluntary 2B and then came back later as a senior with no issue.

In addition to voluntary resignation, members in the respective category may be terminated for the below reasons:

Cadets:

DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL
MARRIED
LACK OF INTEREST (failure to attend three meetings without acceptable excuse)
JOINED ARMED FORCES (Include service academics)
MOVED FROM THE AREA, DID NOT REQUEST TRANSFER.
FAILED TO PROGRESS SATISFACTORILY IN THE CAP CADET PROGRAM   
MISCONDUCT (Summary of circumstances must be included)
FAILURE TO MAINTAIN ACCEPTABLE ACADEMIC RECORD IN SCHOOL

Seniors:

CONDUCT INVOLVING MORAL TURPITUDE
CONDUCT UNBECOMING A MEMBER OF CAP
CONVICTION OR FELONY
SEPARATION FROM ARMED FORCES WITH OTHER THAN HONORABLE DISCHARGE
SERIOUS OR WILLFUL VIOLATION OF CAP
MAKING A FALSE STATEMENT TO OR CONCERNING CAP REGULATIONS OR DIRECTIVES
HABITUAL FAILURE TO PERFORM DUTY
SUBSTANDARD PERFORMANCE OF DUTY OVER EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME
FAILURE TO OBEY RULES, REGULATIONS AND ORDERS OF HIGHER AUTHORITY
INSUBORDINATION
FINANCIAL IRRESPONSIBILITY
ILLITERACY
OTHER. (Explain)

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

There's In-N-Out in the suburbs of Dallas now..

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: a2capt on November 16, 2011, 12:01:03 AM
There's In-N-Out in the suburbs of Dallas now..
I think this got off subject.  :angel:

At least we aren't talking about uniforms  >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Salty

We could always bring it back to uniforms by asking if you wear your uniform to In-and-Out.

>:D
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn