NRA Qualification Program

Started by Major Lord, January 14, 2007, 01:10:56 AM

Major Lord

For those who have asked, you can find NRA qualification programs through this link: http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/marksmanship/index.asp

For the lower ratings, anyone can witness and sign off on cadet marksmanship awards. The NRA has certificates and Medals available on line. Since shooting programs require formal Wing approval, you might just want to have the cadets meet informally at a rifle range ( bring a .22 rifle!) and let them shoot for the record. Many Ranges have a youth rifle program. Here in lilly livered, bed wetting, left handed, pinko-commie California, most of these youth programs go utilized, and the range people will be more than happy to help out the basic, God fearing, decent American kids. ( and if you don't have any of those, just use Cadet instead:) )
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Ned

It's easy to write up a quick proposal for your wing commander, and to maintain the requred written permission.

Washington Wing has an active marksmanship program.

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Ned on January 14, 2007, 01:50:46 AM
It's easy to write up a quick proposal for your wing commander, and to maintain the requred written permission.

Washington Wing has an active marksmanship program.

As does KSWG. We're using the NRA light rifle program. This allows a larger assortment of rifles to be used and more flexibility in the program.  Between the KSWG encampments and the NCR encampment last summer we've put medals on about 125 cadets and 200 have actually shot.

Several seniors have gotten together and formed a separate organization that owns the rifles, ammo, etc. We have access to a local indoor range whose club director is a retired CAP cadet/senior. The organization is now going after NRA foundation grant money.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: