Munkers

I applied but didn't get accepted.
C/MSgt Munkers
First Sergeant
Color Guard Commander
Civil Air Patrol
Big Sky Composite Squadron MTWG

Shotgun

I have a cadet from my squadron who is going.

I'm sure you'll see him there.

Stonewall

I would like to be on cadre  8)
Serving since 1987.

cap.es.medic

How do I apply? I heard about it last year, and was waiting on a Wing email but I didn't get one.

yeahididthat

I don't see it on the ncsas website

Noble Six

United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Huey Driver

Also, I'm guessing it'll pop up on the eServices NCSA selection after it is over for this season..?
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

crisptheyounger

http://ncsas.com/index.cfm/air_force_security_forces_familiarization?show=career_fair&careerFairID=39

It runs on a different cycle than most other NCSAs (similar to Civic Leadership Academy and the National Character & Leadership Symposium) and is in fact, as of this year, still not an approved NCSA. If I remember correctly, the applications are not handled through eServices. As you can see on the link the applications were due 31 August this year. Applications for next year's course should open in late Summer.
Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873

Huey Driver

Quote from: crisptheyounger on December 05, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
It runs on a different cycle than most other NCSAs (similar to Civic Leadership Academy and the National Character & Leadership Symposium) and is in fact, as of this year, still not an approved NCSA. If I remember correctly, the applications are not handled through eServices. As you can see on the link the applications were due 31 August this year. Applications for next year's course should open in late Summer.

Ah yes. I thought I remembered it being on eServices. Anyway, thank you for the help.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Stonewall on November 23, 2011, 02:14:36 AM
Im sure there has GOT to be someone more qualified...... >:D

Stonewall

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 06, 2011, 07:18:43 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on November 23, 2011, 02:14:36 AM
Im sure there has GOT to be someone more qualified...... >:D

Yeah, and apparently the National Guard Bureau agrees.  I got this yesterday:

Quote from: LT
TSgt Stonewall,

I wish that I was sending you a congratulations email, but,
unfortunately, I am not
.  We submitted a package nominating you for the 2011
Outstanding Security Forces Air Reserve Component NCO of the Year, but it
fell short.  However, I do want you to know that squadron leadership,
the MSG commander, the Wing commander and the TAG, MG XXXXXXXX,
nominated and recommended you for this award.  If it is any consolation, you
are the best within the state of XX.  I am attaching the AF1206 from your
package for your info and future reference.  I am VERY sure you will make
yourself worthy of another nomination and the award.  Thanks for EVERYTHING
that you do for the unit and me.

v/r

HENRY "HAP" ARNOLD, 1st Lt, XX ANG
Operations Officer, XXX SFS

Quote from: AF1206 awards form

SPECIFIC DUTY ACHIEVEMENTS:
-Heroic actions! Led off-duty SFS response during base attack; evacuated area, rescued patients, & saved lives!
-Supervised a force of 75 Security Forces & contractors; safeguarded 30,000 personnel--Bagram AB secured!
-Strong leader! Selected ahead of peers as flt NCOIC--consistent proven performance--superb leadership skills
-MSG/CC's coin; recognized as "best of the best" among group NCOs--duty & professionalism beyond reproach
-Led security team for COIN mission; protected coalition forces negotiating with Afghan elders--safety ensured
-Identified C2 shortfall w/USA QRF; coord w/USA & USAF--provided C2 equipment w/USA to resolve issues
-Top NCO! SFS/CC, "the best motivator & performer during Desert Defender"--cornerstone for all unit training
-Combat proven! Team leader outside the wire; led recon patrols--gained valuable Intel/reduced enemy activity
-Improved training! Overhauled Bagram SFS orientation training--more relevant & mission specific for location
-Selected as focal point for 75 enlisted members; provided valuable perspective--ensured great enlisted morale
-Initiative! Researched, analyzed, developed presentation for unit's deployment location--ensured preparedness
-Authored 3 SOPs while deployed; new procedures used daily--created force multiplier & hardened perimeter
-Dedicated NCO; took initiative to coordinate former Special Forces NCO trainer; improved small unit tactics
-SQ/CC's first choice to plan & lead his flight during upcoming ORE & ORI--guaranteeing success for squadron
-Innovative leader, developed and led unit specific training program for NCOs--unit supervisors better prepared
-Organized PT test program f/squadron deployed members; coord requirements/approvals--unit stats improved!
-Founded squadron library for professional growth; donated all resources--reinforced motivation & commitment
-Created monthly squadron newsletter; regular contributor with up-to-date training & TTPs--all mbrs informed
-Self-less dedication! During personal time completed AARs after all activities--raised unit/troop effectiveness
-Constantly improves any situation; coord SOF analyst to brief leaders on Bagram AB threat--prepared f/enemy!

SELF-IMPROVEMENT EFFORTS (CAREER ORIENTED):
-Superior athlete! Scored top 3 percent Air Force wide on PT test--rated EXCELLENT with overall 99% score
-Certified and proficient as AHA CPR/AED instructor & EMT at own expense--provides unit relevant training
-Participated in tactical leadership course at own expense; brought advanced skills to SFS--better unit leaders
-Goal oriented! Enrolled in internationally recognized Certified Protection Professional cert; ASIS International!

PATICIPANTION IN MILITARY AND CIVILIAN ACTIVITIES:
-Dedicated member of American Society for Industrial Security; faithfully attended all available events/training
-Selfless mentor and trainer; 24 year Civil Air Patrol cadet pgm volunteer--building tomorrow's future leaders
-Assisted FLETC OSI training pgm; provided Security Forces perspective for trainee--future agents enlightened

ACRONYMS:
IDF-Indirect Fire
AB-Airbase
COIN-Counterinsurgency
USA-US Army
OTW-Outside the Wire
SOF-Special Operations Force
AHA-American Heart Association
AED-Automated External Defibrillator
FLETC-Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Geeeez....what did the guy do who won???

Stonewall

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 06, 2011, 08:18:45 PM
Geeeez....what did the guy do who won???

Don't know.  Just know he was from your state.
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Ohhhh...OK. 

He had everything you had, except "While on deployment, improved moral  and organized surfing expeditions to exotic locations"

Thats where he got you. 

GroundHawg

I thought my ncoer and epr after my last trip were great, a lock for E7 and a BSM. I got nada from the AF. I did get recognized by the Army and Navy though, go figure.  ::)

Jimbo

Quote from: crisptheyounger on December 05, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
http://ncsas.com/index.cfm/air_force_security_forces_familiarization?show=career_fair&careerFairID=39

This is absolutely correct.  NHQ currently calls it an NCSA Affiliate -- not a fully approved NCSA yet.  We were hoping for approval this year, but still no news yet (mainly due to budget decisions).  I have been told that some proposals are in the works for bringing on new NCSA activities, and creating two different categories, but not at liberty to discuss.

Unfortunately, Im currently deployed this year, so I wont be at SFFC, but I've been to the last two; also there is only room for 12 cadets.  We would like to host more, but it just isn't logistically possible and we don't want to overwhelm the base security forces squadron.
James Keohane, Lt Col, CAP (Maj, USAFR)
Wing Director of Cadet Programs
Chief of Curriculum/Chief Instructor, Cadet Officer School
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Units: VA-001, VA-025, TX-023, MA-015, MA-070, MA-032
Billy Mitchell (#49097); Amelia Earhart (#12098); Gen Ira C Eaker (#1239)

Jon Knapp

Do you know if this activity is still around? And if it isn't was it lack of interest?
Jonathan D. Knapp, C/1st Lt, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, MER-NC-800

Huey Driver

Quote from: Jon Knapp on September 24, 2012, 11:04:32 PM
Do you know if this activity is still around? And if it isn't was it lack of interest?

If it's dead, I'd love to hear the reason behind it. It definitely was not lack of interest; It was hard to find a cadet who didn't want to attend the course :P

Airman De Ruiter

Pre-flame disclaimer(call it ORM): Yes, I realize this topic is old. Might as well bump it.

I know the Sea Cadets offer us a Master at Arms course and it is one of the most popular activities so I can't think of a reason CAP Cadets wouldn't want SF orientation. Aside from HGA, this would probably be my pick for an NCSA.
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

Rick-DEL