Funky GT Badge on eBay, BUT High Quality

Started by Майор Хаткевич, July 27, 2011, 09:53:21 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

A nice try, but a swing and a miss.  Too bad all of the "real" ones don't have detail like that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

That's what I'm saying. The major issues are where the wreath ends in a square, where as the Metal GT badge has a sort of "X". Then the top of it should hide behind the circle, and the wreath is just a wee bit off. also looks like someone really took the 1/8" blue quite seriously.

arajca

I looks like someone had one made up for a mess dress badge.

JC004

Where can we get a contract with its producer?

NM SAR

Quote from: JC004 on July 27, 2011, 11:46:25 PM
Where can we get a contract with its producer?

you can't.......NHQ-supported Vanguard monopoly

Hawk200

Dad2-4

Did anyone notice that the description says, "BADGE IS WORN ON RIGHT BREAST POCKET OF BDU WORKING UNIFORM  AND CLASS A UNIFORMS."
????

jeders

Quote from: Dad2-4 on August 02, 2011, 11:19:55 PM
Did anyone notice that the description says, "BADGE IS WORN ON RIGHT BREAST POCKET OF BDU WORKING UNIFORM  AND CLASS A UNIFORMS."
????
Yes
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

DakRadz

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on July 27, 2011, 11:02:11 PM
Also looks like someone really took the 1/8" blue quite seriously.

Now I get why it looks like that.

So say someone fixed the errors mentioned but kept the border as it is. Due to the 1/8", is it technically correct?

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: DakRadz on August 03, 2011, 01:18:21 PM

So say someone fixed the errors mentioned but kept the border as it is. Due to the 1/8", is it technically correct?

By definition in our really poorly written unifrom manual, yes it would be correct. Is that how it was intended? probably not. ;)

Saw a C/Maj recently with the blue folded around the diamond rather than in a rectangle... looked pretty funky to me, and by definition this would be correct, unfortunatly for him on page 104 Figure 6-10 it does show the cloth folded in a rectangle... but he could argue it either way. I prefer the rectangle folds as it looks professional and military, but I do like the funny shaped badges and wings on mess dresses too, they look more cerimonial.
"A lot of life is a lot of crap"

Zen Master Charlie

Quickly, somebody call Vangard and tell them to shut this seller down imediatly, he's obviously in violation of our CAP Papers!!!! Oh... crap he's from Yorkshire UK... guess there is nothing Vangard can do...

HEY! Maybe Tom from the hock can move to Canada and continue his sales!  ::)

I kid I kid...

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on August 05, 2011, 08:15:49 AM
Quickly, somebody call Vangard and tell them to shut this seller down imediatly, he's obviously in violation of our CAP Papers!!!! Oh... crap he's from Yorkshire UK... guess there is nothing Vangard can do...

HEY! Maybe Tom from the hock can move to Canada and continue his sales!  ::)

I kid I kid...

Vanguard doesn't shut down anyone. I also believe with the way the laws are structured, the Hock would get the same C&D in CA as he did in the US. But he can try it if he wants to.

tribalelder

Goods violating US intellectual property statutes are subject to seizure and destruction by Customs at the border.  The likelihood of interception is, however, slim.
WE ARE HERE ON CAPTALK BECAUSE WE ALL CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. We may not always agree and we should not always agree.  One of our strengths as an organization is that we didn't all go to the same school, so we all know how to do something different and differently. 
Since we all care about CAP, its members and our missions, sometimes our discussions will be animated, but they should always civil -- after all, it's in our name.

crisptheyounger

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on August 05, 2011, 08:12:29 AM

By definition in our really poorly written unifrom manual, yes it would be correct. Is that how it was intended? probably not. ;)

Saw a C/Maj recently with the blue folded around the diamond rather than in a rectangle... looked pretty funky to me, and by definition this would be correct, unfortunatly for him on page 104 Figure 6-10 it does show the cloth folded in a rectangle... but he could argue it either way. I prefer the rectangle folds as it looks professional and military, but I do like the funny shaped badges and wings on mess dresses too, they look more cerimonial.

Except Figure 6-10 in 39-1 clearly shows that it should be a rectangle.
Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: crisptheyounger on August 05, 2011, 06:00:04 PM

Sounds stangely familiar to what I said in line 3 of my comment  ;)

crisptheyounger

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on August 05, 2011, 06:51:05 PM

Crap, I completely missed that line.

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: crisptheyounger on August 05, 2011, 06:52:20 PM
Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on August 05, 2011, 06:51:05 PM

Crap, I completely missed that line.

Haha, no problem, happens to me more often then not  ;D

crisptheyounger

It's weird though... I remember reading what you said before and after that. Just not where you mentioned the figure.  ::) Oh well, too much time studying, clouding my brain.