MA Wing Looses ELT Search Mission to State Police Air Wing?

Started by RADIOMAN015, July 02, 2011, 04:47:35 PM

AngelWings

Quote from: cap235629 on July 03, 2011, 07:35:52 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on July 03, 2011, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: cap235629 on July 03, 2011, 05:57:27 PM
as a native born [Filter Subversion] I can relate to the term but still can't figure out what he was trying to say........
Which part? I translate/rephrase what I said if you tell me.

I was born in Winchester and raised in Billerica.  I also spent 5 years walking a beat in the housing projects in Boston.  My brother lives in Dorchester and with all of the experience I have with "Bahstin" English I can still not understand a thing that was written
I was saying that alot of people in MA who have authority try too hard to keep up appearences. Like Deval using taxpayer money to make his office and ride look better and the State Police ignoring our mission capabilites to make themselves look like the only people in state capable of doing such missions.

SABRE17

Well with all due respect to the Massachusetts state police, they didn't find any darn ELT, Coastal Patrol Sq 18 did, I know, because I was the one who fished the ELT out of the dumpster in Falmouth...

AngelWings

Quote from: SABRE17 on July 04, 2011, 02:43:54 AM
Well with all due respect to the Massachusetts state police, they didn't find any darn ELT, Coastal Patrol Sq 18 did, I know, because I was the one who fished the ELT out of the dumpster in Falmouth...
Which makes my point valid. They don't get that we are very useful, either that or they are trying to hog all the attention to look cool for some weird reason.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: SABRE17 on July 04, 2011, 02:43:54 AM

Typically the state police do have helicopters on some random & directed patrols daily (you can monitor them via a radio scanner equipment, on the state police 800 mhz radio trunking system statewide due to the talk group utilized which transmits at all radio sites) so conceivably could pickup an ELT.  I don't think they have the ground DF equipment, so CAP would likely be called anyways.

RM

ammotrucker

I don't think that I would call that losing the ELT search missions.  It is not a requirement that CAP do these missions.  Each state has there own protocol.  Here in Florida it is the responsibility of each County to do.  They may tell NOC or AFRCC that they don't want them, but in reality it is there responsibility.  I know that they are the first to get going if it is known or perceived as life threatening, because they want the glory trip.
RG Little, Capt

jeders

Not really seeing any problems here, maybe I'm blind though.

In Texas, DPS is responsible for ELT searches and they usually take the lead for the first few hours. Then when it gets dark or they get bored, we get called. You're not losing all ELT missions, you might lose a few, but if that means that an ELT gets turned off sooner, great. But there'll still be plenty of missions for CAP. And possibly even using CAP to train the State Police in the use of the equipment and search techniques.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RiverAux

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: RiverAux on July 05, 2011, 06:35:08 PM
Whats an ELT mission?   :'(

+100

Soon we will tell stories of WIWA_ (fill in the blank) how we used to get up in the middle of the night to track these strange warbling tones in 121.5