Charging Cadets

Started by norcalcadet90, June 25, 2011, 10:33:40 PM

Ron1319

:)

If you really do want to talk to somebody about being a senior in Northern California, you can give me a call.  916.719.8607
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

Lucas F

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they had to pay a deposit, and then get it back after they show up. That way, if they don't show, the squadron just got a donation. Doubt think that that's legal, but hey, I won't tell

Eclipse

Nothing wrong with that idea.

"That Others May Zoom"

majdomke

Part of the problem with cadet participation might be the lack of advance notice of an activity. If you make an announcement a week or less away from the event, don't expect people to show up. Part of what gets cadets to come is: 1) well planned activity that cadets are interested in, 2) plenty of advanced notice, 3) perhaps the most important... the cadet staff embracing the activity and encouraging others to come...

A bunch of "old" people talking about an activity does very little to excite the "young" people.

Eclipse

^ Something I've harped for years - major activities need to be on the calendar in October, not May (beginning of the fiscal year).

The pushback I get / got was "that doesn't allow us to take advantage of 'last minute' opportunities", which is nonsense.
When opportunistic things come up, you adjust as necessary.

Cadets All members need structure to be able to understand the expectations and plan their calendars. 

"That Others May Zoom"