Senior Member Dress coat

Started by MattPHS2002, December 22, 2006, 12:10:45 AM

aveighter

Our friend here is a comedic genius.  His continued ability to portray a complete imbecile is truly impressive.  And the added effect of totally inept and near incomprehensible grammatical construction is worthy of a Oscar!

But for anyone out there unaware that this is nothing more than a holiday prank by a young fellow just pretending to be a moron, the difference between something  that is official and something that is not is, well, one IS official and the other IS NOT and the inability to recognize that would surely disqualify one from even the remotest contact with young potentially impressionable minds of the cadet variety.   Or, really, anything else with a value greater than about fifty cents.

Pure genius!  My hat (a combo of the flight and service caps) is off to you!

MIKE

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 05:48:08 PM
Next question while we are at it, ES dog patch is 1/2 inch centered above the CAP tape correct?
1/2 inch centered above the nametape.
Mike Johnston

SJFedor

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 05:48:08 PM
Next question while we are at it, ES dog patch is 1/2 inch centered above the CAP tape correct?

RTFM. 39.1

It's non negotiable, and not subject to your interpretation. Read it. Follow it.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

MattPHS2002

1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

A.Member

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 04:19:04 PM
After looking at the jacket I realized yeah your right I can't do it I was thinking of the older Service coat so I'm not going to try and rig it...
Glad to see you make the right decision - even if it took significantly more effort to do so than it ever should've. 

It doesn't sound like you're a new member so none of this type of information should be news to you.  As such, I'd suggest that you take it upon yourself to sit down and familiarize yourself with the history of the organization and it's regulations - and soon.  Good luck.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MattPHS2002

I'm aware of the regulations that I need to be aware of for what I do. What I'm not familiar with are wing supplements because they have a habit of not filtering down.
1Lt Matt Gamret

Psicorp

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 09:21:38 PM
I'm aware of the regulations that I need to be aware of for what I do. What I'm not familiar with are wing supplements because they have a habit of not filtering down.

PAWG doesn't post supplements on the Wing website? 
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

A.Member

With all due respect, it doesn't appear that you are.  Nor does it appear that you have respect for the organization or it's regulations.  39-1 and all it's supplements are available at cap.gov.

I don't know you.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  Maybe you're yanking our collective chains with this entire bit.  Who knows.  But that's the impression you leave with me and, by all appearances, others here.  Is that the impression you're shooting for?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MattPHS2002

Really my lack of respect is for my old squadron, there are a few people there that I can tolerate, which is why I'm no longer there. I also have little respect for those that decide to continue to beat dead horses when I've admitted after looking at the items in question that it is not possible. I also have trouble respecting an organization that bills itself as being associated with the USAF and yet we get very little help (from what I've seen at the squadron level.)
1Lt Matt Gamret

MattPHS2002

Quote from: Psicorp on December 22, 2006, 09:23:20 PM

PAWG doesn't post supplements on the Wing website? 
Not for what I need no.
1Lt Matt Gamret

CAPLAW

Matt, is this a joke ?:D because you got to let me in on it!

MattPHS2002

Nope, I don't joke. My new squadron is a million times better but I'm still bitter over the whole issue I had with cadet staff.
1Lt Matt Gamret

SJFedor

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 09:33:15 PM
Really my lack of respect is for my old squadron, there are a few people there that I can tolerate, which is why I'm no longer there. I also have little respect for those that decide to continue to beat dead horses when I've admitted after looking at the items in question that it is not possible. I also have trouble respecting an organization that bills itself as being associated with the USAF and yet we get very little help (from what I've seen at the squadron level.)

I'm sorry there are people in your old squadron you do not like. However, that is life.

However, we're not beating dead horses on this one. It's very sad that you've admitted you won't do it because it can't be done, not because it's incorrect to do.

If you don't like the organization, I'm sorry as well, but since you've been in for 8+ years, you know how it works, if you don't like it, I would recommend you put your talents and time elsewhere.

As for wing uniform supplements, the USAF service dress remains unchanged from the senior component. Cadets have a few special things (orange cords) that are in the wing supplements, but none that applies to seniors. NCSA patches go on the left sleeve, in direct contradiction of the 39-1, but Applebaum will do as he wills, talk to a HMRS grad if you need the lowdown on the ranger uniform, it's not that complicated.

Regulations that you need to be aware of for what you do??? With the exception of the 60-1, since you're not a pilot, ALL the regulations apply to you in some shape or form. 39-1 applies EVERY TIME you wear the uniform, non negotiable. Obviously you're not aware of the regulations you need to be for what you do.

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 09:55:11 PM
Nope, I don't joke. My new squadron is a million times better but I'm still bitter over the whole issue I had with cadet staff.

You've gotta be kidding me. What's wrong, did the cadets call you on how FOS and out of line you were with all of this, and it didn't sit well? You're an officer, there shouldn't BE issues with cadet staff, and if there is, it sounds like it may be CPPT related.

I pray you're not serious with all this. You're a shining example of what not to be.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

CAP428

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on December 22, 2006, 09:33:15 PM
Really my lack of respect is for my old squadron, there are a few people there that I can tolerate, which is why I'm no longer there.
All right.  If you're no longer there, then there should not be an issue any more right?  Just get over it and get on.

I also have little respect for those that decide to continue to beat dead horses when I've admitted after looking at the items in question that it is not possible.
Sorry if you feel that way, we just couldn't seriously believe that you thought you could convert an old-style coat to a new one by hand.  I mean, did you really think people would not notice the screaming difference in cut, the lapels, and not to mention the four buttons instead of three??  I hope not.

I also have trouble respecting an organization that bills itself as being associated with the USAF and yet we get very little help (from what I've seen at the squadron level.)
Then you don't have to stay.  Nobody is forcing you to.  I mean, I'm really not trying to be smart-aleck or anything here.  I truly do not understand why someone would stay in an organization if they have "trouble respecting" it.  Honestly, there is absolutely nothing that is keeping you from leaving.  So....get over your trouble with respect or leave.  It's that simple.  Nobody likes whining and the squeaky wheel gets replaced.....and there seems to be a heckuva lot of squeaking here.

I hope you're joking again.  Being bitter is dumb enough in itself, but with cadet staff??  Oh, please.  The cadet staff is not even thinking about you anymore so to be "bitter" is only hurting yourself.  Whatare you bitter about?  You didn't get your way or something?  That sounds like a 2nd-grade problem that you should have learned to deal with LOOOOOONNNNG ago.  Being bitter never, repeat never solves anything.  So save yourself some time and just....don't be bitter.

DNall

Quote from: aveighter on December 22, 2006, 06:04:17 PM
Our friend here is a comedic genius.  His continued ability to portray a complete imbecile is truly impressive.  And the added effect of totally inept and near incomprehensible grammatical construction is worthy of a Oscar!

But for anyone out there unaware that this is nothing more than a holiday prank by a young fellow just pretending to be a moron, the difference between something  that is official and something that is not is, well, one IS official and the other IS NOT and the inability to recognize that would surely disqualify one from even the remotest contact with young potentially impressionable minds of the cadet variety.   Or, really, anything else with a value greater than about fifty cents.

Pure genius!  My hat (a combo of the flight and service caps) is off to you!
:D I sure want to believe that. That's my instinct on it, but it's ahrd to read people thru an internet connection, and... This:
Quote from: DNall on December 22, 2006, 05:01:56 AM
I know a SMWOG that I literally don't know which side of the legally retarded line he's on, but it's a close run thing.
was no joke. This is a person who should not be in CAP, never should have been offered an application, but you get a package deal w/ a couple cadets & a lawyer in Sq who thinks ADA means you can't run anyone away.... You just can't tell anymore, and that's really ashame.

BillB

The older blue service coat had the two lower pockets as patch pockets. It would have been easy to remove those to look like ther service coat that followed that. Removing the patch pockets would cause the service coat to look like the current version for the time period. So Matt was correct that his father could remove the pockets and it would be correct version, but not to the newest version.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

MattPHS2002

Quote from: BillB on December 22, 2006, 10:45:40 PM
The older blue service coat had the two lower pockets as patch pockets. It would have been easy to remove those to look like ther service coat that followed that. Removing the patch pockets would cause the service coat to look like the current version for the time period. So Matt was correct that his father could remove the pockets and it would be correct version, but not to the newest version.

I've said just prior that this was the case.
1Lt Matt Gamret

CAPLAW

ok Matt! your right all of us were wrong. :clap:

MattPHS2002

I was just telling Bill that. I may not have the best attitude about the program I can admit that but for the most part I enjoy what I do.
1Lt Matt Gamret

CAP428

I don't know why this was such a big deal.  After all, the old style with the pockets rippedoff wouldn't look too bad, right??

who could tell the difference??