Main Menu

Cadet safety officer?

Started by ElectricPenguin, December 29, 2010, 02:37:58 AM

ElectricPenguin

I have recently applied and been told they are considering me. But  Should I be regreting this? What do you think of this position?

SABRE17

It depends, do you have any interest in following a medical field of study? want to be an EMT or paramedic? one of my friends how is now an army medic was a cadet safety officer, if you call it that, at encampment and he found it very rewarding.

Eclipse

The cadet safety officer position at neither the unit, nor encampments has anything to do with health services.

"That Others May Zoom"

SABRE17

well the cadet I'm speaking of worked with the encampment medics but said he was under the safety title.

Lord of the North

The following is from the DRAFT CAPR 62-1 which out for comment prior to publication.

e. Cadet Safety Officers. A cadet should be assigned as an assistant to the unit staff safety officer in all units (squadrons, wings, regions and National level) that have cadet members. The primary role of the cadet safety officer is to study and mentor under the supervision of the unit safety officer. They will learn the primary functions of the unit safety officer and be given the opportunity to demonstrate skills in safety leadership, education and presentations. Cadet safety officers will provide liaisons between the unit safety officer and cadet command staff.
(1) Cadet safety officers will NOT act as the primary safety officer for a unit at any level and will not be held responsible for tasks that are the primary responsibility of the unit safety officer.
(2) Cadet safety officers will be responsible for completing appropriate cadet safety officer training. This training is outlined in Cadet Safety Officer Training, which is available on the National CAP Safety web page [Safety Training] at http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/safety/.

ZigZag911

You may find it interesting, especially since it's a new program for cadets.

Great preparation for transitioning to senior membership some day, too.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Lord of the North on December 29, 2010, 03:45:24 AM
The following is from the DRAFT CAPR 62-1 which out for comment prior to publication.

e. Cadet Safety Officers. A cadet should be assigned as an assistant to the unit staff safety officer in all units (squadrons, wings, regions and National level) that have cadet members. The primary role of the cadet safety officer is to study and mentor under the supervision of the unit safety officer. They will learn the primary functions of the unit safety officer and be given the opportunity to demonstrate skills in safety leadership, education and presentations. Cadet safety officers will provide liaisons between the unit safety officer and cadet command staff.
(1) Cadet safety officers will NOT act as the primary safety officer for a unit at any level and will not be held responsible for tasks that are the primary responsibility of the unit safety officer.
(2) Cadet safety officers will be responsible for completing appropriate cadet safety officer training. This training is outlined in Cadet Safety Officer Training, which is available on the National CAP Safety web page [Safety Training] at http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/safety/.

K thanks