Medals to be worn on the dress blue uniform

Started by JArvey, December 08, 2010, 12:45:19 AM

JArvey

The link at the bottom of the page shows the link to the medals im talking about, ive seen cadets with these on their uniforms, I just have never heard anyone say how to obtain these. Could someone please tell me how to get the
medals from admin officer down on the link below? thanks, and also is their a regulation for how to get all patches that go on the left pocket on the BDUs?

http://www.vanguardmil.com/?main_page=page&id=29

DakRadz

First off:
Welcome to CAP, cadet!

These are not medals- they are insignia, badges, or even bling, but never medals.

These are medals: http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_378_382
P.S. Cadets do not wear medals.

ColonelJack

And to be 100% on the up-and-up, seniors don't wear medals on the dress blue uniform either.  We do on the mess dress, however.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

JArvey

If cadets dont wear them why did I see a Cadet Colonel on national CAC wearing them?

MSgt Van

Maybe solo wings, basic emergency services badge, ground team badge? No, I didn't check the manual and reg first, but I'm sure the answer is in there.

Eclipse

Quote from: JArvey on December 08, 2010, 10:48:59 PM
If cadets dont wear them why did I see a Cadet Colonel on national CAC wearing them?

He is wearing solo wings, a ground team badge, and the standard huge ribbon rack of an active cadet C/Col.

"That Others May Zoom"

spaatzmom

Unless the Spaatz was recently obtained, cadet King was still a C/Lt Col until Oct 2010 when he aged out.

Major Lord

Perhaps a Cadet was wearing a medal on a distinctive uniform blazer?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PA Guy

Why don't you post a photo or link to the picture in question so we can all look at the same thing.

JayT

May also be of an AFJROTC cadet, whom sometimes where full size medals.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

jimmydeanno

He might be talking about the specialty track badges that cadets can earn.  There are a bunch of cadets who have the Comm and ES ones...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

abdsp51

Unless it has changed I know AFJROTC Cadets wore full medals in conjuction with their ribbons for special occasions such as the ball, pass in review, and the awards ceremony.  Of course that was over 10 years ago.

PHall

Ozzy

He might be confused with some of the awards like VFW Cadet of the year which comes with a ribbon and sometimes the matching medal.

WIWAC in AFJROTC, anyone who got a medal, wore it on their service coat... but I hear normally it isn't the standard in the AF
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2010, 11:41:15 PM

He is wearing solo wings, a ground team badge, and the standard huge ribbon rack of an active cadet C/Col.

Standard?  He has some CAP Decorations up there that are most definitely not "standard."  Curry, Arnold et al, those are STANDARD, Exceptional Service Award, Meritorious Service Award, Commander's Commendation not so much.

Also, Eclipse, that "cadets look too decorated" argument is tired and so 1999.  Talk to me when CAP cadets look like this...

No disrespect to the Cadet Colonel pictured, he has earned the honor of being so decorated, but our cadets don't even come close to that.  I think they are fine as they are, as is the cadets pictured above.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

I didn't say "overly decorated", I said "huge", which it is.  Read what is written without filter.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 09, 2010, 04:37:48 AM
I didn't say "overly decorated", I said "huge", which it is.  Read what is written without filter.

Well then, stop being so argumentative with me so I can read you at face value instead of from an "angle."  Only PHall comments as argumentative as you and I have been lately. Your comment...

the standard huge ribbon rack

Reads as derogatory and could be construed as furthering the "South American dictator" comment that was likely two potential posts away.   Preemptive strikes against such an argument are necessary on CAPTALK.  I don't need to remind you of that.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 09, 2010, 04:43:06 AM

Reads as derogatory and could be construed as furthering the "South American dictator" comment that was likely two potential posts away.   Preemptive strikes against such an argument are necessary on CAPTALK.  I don't need to remind you of that.

OK, seriously?

This is a discussion with someone who clearly is brand new to CAP and is impressed / confused by some photo or another he saw.  Every cadet ribbon rack is huge by design as they are required to where all or none.

I made made the comment because to an outsider it may look impressive, but 90% of what is in that pic is standard for any cadet who attains phase IV grade.  I literally meant "standard" as in they are all that big.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

No one is saying that there is something wrong with a cadet wearing a rack that big, it is required that cadets wear ALL of their awards. Having a massive rack is just part of being a cadet that you can't avoid when you have any award over the Mitchell. There was no comment about a South American dictator, I would probably make that statement, but then again I was a cadet with a massive rack. If you want to make your way through as much of the CP as you possibly can, you will have a massive rack, there is just no getting around it.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 09, 2010, 04:53:33 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 09, 2010, 04:43:06 AM

OK, seriously?

This is a discussion with someone who clearly is brand new to CAP and is impressed / confused by some photo or another he saw.  Every cadet ribbon rack is huge by design as they are required to where all or none.

I made made the comment because to an outsider it may look impressive, but 90% of what is in that pic is standard for any cadet who attains phase IV grade.  I literally meant "standard" as in they are all that big.

Respectable...

Too many people, even here, start that "self-loathing/our stuff is unimportant " talk and, as it implies in the CADET materials and in ACSC, bad attitude is contagious.  I tend to take these positions because I greatly value CAP as a part of my life and sometime some people see it as somehow and inferior thing that is worthy only of ridicule.

Every CAP decoration, ribbon, award and, above all, service is important.  I get a but defensive when I feel people are gonna go down that route.  I apologize is I was offensive.

Commander
SWR-TX-454