2010 FLWG encampment (take 2)

Started by HGjunkie, November 26, 2010, 04:56:43 PM

HGjunkie

So, since the first thread got locked...

I just got an e-mail from wing, and it says this:

QuoteSTANDBY REGISTRATION.  A standby registration list has been created under the application section of the encampment website.  This list is not encampment registration, but a waiting list for cadets who've completed their first encampment.  Cadets who register on this list will be slotted first come first serve on 1 Dec in any remaining slots not filled by first time cadets.  Visit http://www.flwg.us/cp/application_standby.aspx to sign up for the standby list.

If I were to sign up for the standby registration, and somehow get picked, would the encampment be the same for 1st time cadets and cadets who have already attended encampment?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

MSG Mac

Shouldn't that question be asked of the FLWG Encampment Commander or the DCP??
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Ozzy

I'm pretty sure it would be the same. There is nothing preventing cadets from doing basic encampment more then once... I actually wanted to try it again as a cadet colonel...
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

DBlair

Quote from: HGjunkie on November 26, 2010, 04:56:43 PM
So, since the first thread got locked...

I just got an e-mail from wing, and it says this:

QuoteSTANDBY REGISTRATION.  A standby registration list has been created under the application section of the encampment website.  This list is not encampment registration, but a waiting list for cadets who've completed their first encampment.  Cadets who register on this list will be slotted first come first serve on 1 Dec in any remaining slots not filled by first time cadets.  Visit http://www.flwg.us/cp/application_standby.aspx to sign up for the standby list.

If I were to sign up for the standby registration, and somehow get picked, would the encampment be the same for 1st time cadets and cadets who have already attended encampment?

As Commandant, I can answer this question...

Yes, it will be the same program. There is no "Advanced Flight" program being planned this year. This is merely setting up a standby list for non-first time Cadets who wish to attend again.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

HGjunkie

Good news: I've been selected for Cadet safety staff!

Anybody have advice for Safety Staff?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DakRadz

Quote from: HGjunkie on December 13, 2010, 08:26:04 PM
Good news: I've been selected for Cadet safety staff!

Anybody have advice for Safety Staff?
1. You aren't special. Everyone gets to do your job anyway. ;D

2. Any demonstration of what not to do which begins with "we will demonstrate the improper way to do this first" necessitates having an ambulance close by.

3. If anyone from ALWG is allowed to utter the words, "Hey y'all, watch this"- you are fired for lack of preventative measures.

I'm sure others have more to add.

HGjunkie

Oh, having lived in AL for 8 years, i'll keep an eye on them. You know, from personal experience...  >:D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DC

Quote from: DakRadz on December 13, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
3. If anyone from ALWG is allowed to utter the words, "Hey y'all, watch this"- you are fired for lack of preventative measures.

That applies to anyone from GAWG and FLWG Groups 1 and 2 as well. I speak from experience.

stillamarine

FLWG Grp 1 is just lower AL anyways.....we've been trying for years to secede.  ;D
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

DBlair

Quote from: DC on December 14, 2010, 04:04:25 AM
Quote from: DakRadz on December 13, 2010, 09:22:54 PM

That applies to anyone from GAWG and FLWG Groups 1 and 2 as well. I speak from experience.

Glad to see that Group 3 was not included in that list. lol

BillB

Can you imagine how many Florida Wing Groups would be listed back in the days of 25 Groups in the Wing.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

a2capt

*25* groups in a Wing? for Florida? With a giant swamp in the bottom end, a hole in the middle, and a long thin part at the top, that probably has more in common with the two states above it, than the dangling part below?

There must have been a spectacular amount of units, or perhaps a lot of people who didn't want to deal with cadets? ;)

DBlair

I have to admit that with the 7 Groups we have now, it makes it very demanding/difficult/challenging for those Group Staff members who really want to be productive and do a good job.

In my Group alone, we have ~25 Squadrons within a large 7 county area covering West-Central FL that is more like a Wing than it is a Group. This is why it has been said more than once that my position is more like that of a DCP in most Wings.

HGjunkie

Quote from: stillamarine on December 14, 2010, 04:58:31 AM
FLWG Grp 1 is just lower AL anyways.....we've been trying for years to secede.  ;D

Lol, I used to live in LA. Can't get any more southern than that.  ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Quote from: HGjunkie on December 14, 2010, 07:46:11 PM

Sure you can. San Diego is 120 miles south of LA.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Quote from: SarDragon on December 14, 2010, 09:37:53 PM

LA= Lower Alabama. Gettin' rusty on your terminology there sir?  >:D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DakRadz

Quote from: HGjunkie on December 14, 2010, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on December 14, 2010, 09:37:53 PM

LA= Lower Alabama. Gettin' rusty on your terminology there sir?  >:D
I KNEW someone wouldn't get it.

But hey, not everyone can be that backerds.

SarDragon

Hey, different strokes for different folks. Gotta take those regional differences into account.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

...and then there's the proper meaning, Louisiana.