Official member of NASAR

Started by Senior, November 21, 2010, 03:19:42 AM

isuhawkeye

When I was teaching GTM's we did the same thing.  we trained several SAR Tech II's.  it really didnt take that much more to pass the tests and skills.

good luck with the test

CAPSeahawk8

Our squadron in North Carolina has 19 cadets and seniors who are SAR Tech II certified. In our state if you want to go search for missing persons it is the only way to get the door open for CAP. We use the Basic GT curriculum as a starting point for all personnel, once they master the basic CAP skills then we move into the SAR Tech training and examinations. It is one of the many parts of our GSAR program which includes all the National Standard GT training, Hawk Mountain Ranger program, NASAR FUNSAR/SAR Tech II, and CERT training. It gives our personnel a wide experience level in SAR. Also our squadron is an organizational member of NASAR so all members of the unit can benefit, saves about $20 per person per course.

Maj Any Wiggs, CAP
CC/Burlington Composite Sqn

Angus

Okay, I'm thinking of getting some NASAR training and since I'm not yet a member of it.  I've also looked at our regs and just have was wondering.  If I take and pass the test is the NASAR/SARTECH III rocker the qualification patch?  Or is it the circle NASAR Logo patch?  Granted I'd never put either on my uniform as I'd rather have my NESA and CISM patch on (depending on which uniform I grab), I'm just curious. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Angus

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

cap235629

you get the round patch and a sar-tech III rocker when you pass the exam
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

DakRadz

Quote from: cap235629 on December 07, 2010, 01:37:56 AM
you get the round patch and a sar-tech III rocker when you pass the exam
CAP allows for the wear of the "qualification patch" on the BDU. He's asking which one is the "qualification" patch as far as CAP is concerned..