Addition To The Professional Appointments Category On The SM Promotion Chart.

Started by exFlight Officer, November 15, 2010, 12:35:22 PM

Should Law Enforcement Officers, Fire Fighters, EMT's, and Emergency Service Personnel be included in the Professional Appointments category?

Yes, they should.
15 (18.1%)
No, they should not.
63 (75.9%)
Other, explained in a post.
5 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

RiverAux

Quote from: davidsinn on November 27, 2010, 03:12:18 PM
I've talked to a few CAP NCOs and the reason they stated as being an NCO was because they worked for a living and wouldn't be caught dead wearing bars. We have what, less than 500 of them total?
Just wanted to correct this mistake that slipped in early -- the last time we heard any numbers there were only about 50 total NCOs in all of CAP.  We've got many more Colonels than NCOs. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on December 13, 2010, 10:11:42 PMWe've got many more Colonels than NCOs.

Probably by a factor of 10.

Further to that - the only "enlisted" we have in CAP uniforms are the NCO's, so who's "health and welfare" are they supposed to be looking out for beside themselves?

The core reason for existence of an NCO literally does not exist in a CAP context.

"That Others May Zoom"

FlyTiger77

JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: RiverAux on December 13, 2010, 10:11:42 PM
I've talked to a few CAP NCOs and the reason they stated as being an NCO was because they worked for a living and wouldn't be caught dead wearing bars. We have what, less than 500 of them total?
Just wanted to correct this mistake that slipped in early -- the last time we heard any numbers there were only about 50 total NCOs in all of CAP.  We've got many more Colonels than NCOs.

Fifty is less than 500...by an order of magnitude ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RiverAux

davidsinn

Quote from: RiverAux on December 13, 2010, 11:47:27 PM
Ok, not technically a mistake - my bad.

I'm just yanking your chain, although you do point out the absurdity of the importance an NCO corps(in CAP) believes they have.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JeffDG

Quote from: davidsinn on December 13, 2010, 11:25:55 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on December 13, 2010, 10:11:42 PM

Fifty is less than 500...by an order of magnitude ;D
There are more than 50 Col. in CAP...I think there's almost a dozen in my wing.