2010 KSWG Winter Encampment

Started by CAPC/officer125, October 17, 2010, 08:38:29 PM

CAPC/officer125

Have I got a great opportunity for you or a loved one in CAP? Kansas Wing Winter Encampment is the place to be this Christmas break, December 26th to January 2nd. At a cost of only $100 dollars, it is a steal.
If you have been to an encampment before (and are maybe even an officer), we are having an Advanced Flight, featuring the opportunity to learn advanced Honor Guard techniques. If you want to learn how to twirl and toss a rifle, this is the flight to be in.
Some of the fun activities this year will include: markmenship (shooting rifles), running the obstacle course, and seeing UAVs. It is all alot of fun, and if you don't come, you will miss out.
If you are at all interested, the site to look at is: http://kswg.cap.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=115&Itemid=303 . If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Hope to see you there,
C/Lt Col Pat Temaat
Cadet Deputy Commander, Kansas Wing Winter Encampment 2010
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

DakRadz

Well, Col (CONGRATS, by the way!), you certainly know how to make a sales pitch!

I love the Encampment Countdown box on the site! :D

I wish that the encampments around here (*cough*Florida*cough*) had an advanced flight.. I have no desire to spend Christmas traveling to an activity.. Bad enough that most o' these start on me birthday!

HGjunkie

Well, that's one way to market the Honor Guard.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DBlair

Quote from: DakRadz on October 17, 2010, 09:05:07 PM
you certainly know how to make a sales pitch!

I have to admit, I chuckled when I read that. Nice effort in trying to promote the Encampment, though.

Quote from: DakRadz on October 17, 2010, 09:05:07 PM
I wish that the encampments around here (*cough*Florida*cough*) had an advanced flight.. I have no desire to spend Christmas traveling to an activity.. Bad enough that most o' these start on me birthday!

There is talk of an Advanced Flight, but one of the issues is that we have sooooo many Cadets here in FLWG, that it ties up resources and space.

As for traveling, FLWG Winter Encampment starts on 27 Dec, so no Christmas day traveling needed... ;) hehe

PS- C/Lt Col Temaat, congrats on getting your 2nd diamond, welcome to the Colonels's Club!
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

DakRadz

Well I would go to an Advanced Flight (heck, I'd do basic over again except FLWG won't allow that) because I don't feel I'm quite ready for Line staff, and support is... eh, to me. An advanced flight would give me the rest of the experience I want before I go applying to be a Flt/CC.

If FLWG had one, oh boy oh boy! :D As it is, I'll stop spamming up the good KSWG's thread.

CAPC/officer125

Travelling shouldn't be an issue. We don't start in-processing until noon, so you could travel the 26th. Or if you would like to come up early, there are accommodations for those coming in early, including Christmas dinner and a place to sleep. Oh, and not to forget, you get to meet several CAPtalkers that you may not have met before. 
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

DakRadz

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on October 18, 2010, 01:58:28 AM
Travelling shouldn't be an issue. We don't start in-processing until noon, so you could travel the 26th. Or if you would like to come up early, there are accommodations for those coming in early, including Christmas dinner and a place to sleep. Oh, and not to forget, you get to meet several CAPtalkers that you may not have met before.

GAWG to KSWG (I love how I now speak in terms of Wings, never states) is definitely going to be some sort of Christmas traveling... Expensive, too. But hey, I wish all of you the best of luck!

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: DakRadz on October 18, 2010, 02:07:10 AM
Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on October 18, 2010, 01:58:28 AM

GAWG to KSWG (I love how I now speak in terms of Wings, never states) is definitely going to be some sort of Christmas traveling... Expensive, too. But hey, I wish all of you the best of luck!
We had a GAWG cadet come out on staff last year. And he made it to the training in November.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

DakRadz

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on October 18, 2010, 03:16:17 AM
We had a GAWG cadet come out on staff last year. And he made it to the training in November.
Upon my honor, I shall never claim that you are not persistent ma'am. ;)

CAPC/officer125

It doesn't help that there is an unwritten contest to outdo ourselves from last year. We had 9 wings and 5 regions at last years' encampment.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

DBlair

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on October 18, 2010, 03:23:00 AM
It doesn't help that there is an unwritten contest to outdo ourselves from last year. We had 9 wings and 5 regions at last years' encampment.

I wish you well. It is always a great quest to constantly improve, but don't just focus on the number of wings and regions, focus on other aspects such as how the encampment itself can possibly improve.

9 wings and 5 regions, not bad. Then again, many of the wings in that area of the country are the size of some of our squadrons here in FLWG. hehe (just teasing)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

CAPC/officer125

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXeUvXjuCoU
Watch this, and then pass it on to your cadets. It is really cool.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

CAPC/officer125

32 days and 18 hours til Encampment. I can't wait.
I sincerely hope there are more signed up then the 26 that have signed up online. The one thing I am proud of though is that we have at least 8 wings, 6 regions attending encampment, with cadets coming from as far as Hawaii and New Hampshire (in the middle of winter during their Christmas breaks). The somewhat breaks last years cadet attendance.

Hope to see some of you there. 

Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

RickFranz

We are up to about 65 members so far with talk of another 30 coming from one Wing.

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

CAPC/officer125

Our encampment has EXPLODED. Now, before you go looking for body parts, please read this message.

We need 3 more sergeants to help expand our line staff. If you have gone to an encampment before and are itching to be on staff, please apply. We are a week and a half away, so time is of the essence. If you are interested, please apply online at kswg.cap.gov. Go to the Register for Events tab and select Cadet Staff. The cost is $100 and the encampment is 26 Dec to 2 Jan.

Please resume your search for missing body parts. Thank you.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

Nathan

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on December 15, 2010, 01:24:56 AM
Our encampment has EXPLODED. Now, before you go looking for body parts, please read this message.

I can't figure out if this is a good or bad "exploded."
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

viperred396

Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2010, 06:40:45 PM

Well I think missing body parts will cause a safety hazard so probably bad :P

..but on a more serious note more cadets is most likely a good thing

a2capt

Besides, just think of the CAPF 78s .. and be careful. F78's are a rare breed, and should be protected. ;)

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2010, 06:40:45 PM
Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on December 15, 2010, 01:24:56 AM

We went from expecting maybe 50 cadets to projected over a 100. We are sitting at 93 cadets. It is a good "exploded".
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff