2010 FLWG Winter Encampment

Started by DBlair, October 16, 2010, 11:34:57 AM

DBlair

As Commandant of the upcoming Winter Encampment, I wanted to pass along this information...

Don't delay- Cadet applications are now being accepted!

When: 27 Dec 2010 - 02 Jan 2011
Where: Tyndall AFB, FL

QuoteCadet applications are being accepted at this time for cadets who have not previously completed an encampment.  This years encampment application is submitted entirely electronically.  The application website has detailed instructions to ensure you are able to complete the process with as little difficulty as possible.  This system was used for staff applications and resulted in over 140 successful staff applications.  If you have any issues submitting your application, you may complete a trouble ticket on the encampment website or send an e-mail to winterencampment@live.com for assistance.

There are 180 slots for first time encampment attendees.  This number has been reached after consideration of the facilities available to the encampment this year and a close review of last year's activity.  Because of the limited number of slots at this year's winter encampment, only cadets with no prior encampment credit may apply at this time.  Encampment slots will be filled on a first come first served basis determined by the submission date on the electronic application system.

The encampment cadet staff list will be posted on 20 Oct on the encampment website.  Additional information regarding this year's encampment can be found at the encampment website (http://www.flcadet.com/cp/WinterEncampment.aspx) and on the FLWG Winter Encampment Facebook page.

v/r

JUSTIN R. MCELVANEY, Capt, CAP
Commander, FLWG Winter Encampment

(Please note that Senior Member Encampment Staff applications are still being accepted.)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Top Dawg

Oh my gosh! The suspense! I'm going to puke. You don't happen to have access to the staff list yet, do you sir?

Quote from: DBlair on October 16, 2010, 11:34:57 AM
As Commandant of the upcoming Winter Encampment, I wanted to pass along this information...

Don't delay- Cadet applications are now being accepted!

When: 27 Dec 2010 - 02 Jan 2011
Where: Tyndall AFB, FL

QuoteCadet applications are being accepted at this time for cadets who have not previously completed an encampment.  This years encampment application is submitted entirely electronically.  The application website has detailed instructions to ensure you are able to complete the process with as little difficulty as possible.  This system was used for staff applications and resulted in over 140 successful staff applications.  If you have any issues submitting your application, you may complete a trouble ticket on the encampment website or send an e-mail to winterencampment@live.com for assistance.

There are 180 slots for first time encampment attendees.  This number has been reached after consideration of the facilities available to the encampment this year and a close review of last year's activity.  Because of the limited number of slots at this year's winter encampment, only cadets with no prior encampment credit may apply at this time.  Encampment slots will be filled on a first come first served basis determined by the submission date on the electronic application system.

The encampment cadet staff list will be posted on 20 Oct on the encampment website.  Additional information regarding this year's encampment can be found at the encampment website (http://www.flcadet.com/cp/WinterEncampment.aspx) and on the FLWG Winter Encampment Facebook page.

v/r

JUSTIN R. MCELVANEY, Capt, CAP
Commander, FLWG Winter Encampment

(Please note that Senior Member Encampment Staff applications are still being accepted.)
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

HGjunkie

Quote from: Karatian on October 17, 2010, 12:05:25 AM
Oh my gosh! The suspense! I'm going to puke. You don't happen to have access to the staff list yet, do you sir?
Calm down there, Sarge! Chillax. 8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Top Dawg

Quote from: HGjunkie on October 17, 2010, 12:06:48 AM
Calm down there, Sarge! Chillax. 8)

Okay. I'm better now.
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

DBlair

Actually, I just might... ;)

We'll be releasing the Cadet Staff list soon- probably in a few days.

BillB

I've got a cadet ID card from 1949 with no expiration date. Can I be on cadet staff?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DBlair

Quote from: BillB on October 17, 2010, 05:37:58 PM
I've got a cadet ID card from 1949 with no expiration date. Can I be on cadet staff?

Sounds good to me! lol ;)

MSG Mac

I've got a birth Certificate from 1949, can I be on the cadet staff also??
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

DakRadz

Quote from: MSG Mac on October 17, 2010, 11:42:12 PM

If that's a mistype and you meant 1994, yes sir! :D

SarDragon

Quote from: MSG Mac on October 17, 2010, 11:42:12 PM

Yeah, me, too. I'm occasionally billed as the squadron's oldest cadet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Top Dawg

Yes! I'm Hotel Flight Sergeant! Congratulations to all the other staff.
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

Capt Ford

Quote from: Top Dawg on October 20, 2010, 02:52:25 PM

were did you find the staff list at??
JOHN E FORD, Capt, CAP
Assistant Administration Officer
Florida Wing

DBlair

Quote from: TFO Ford on October 20, 2010, 04:02:51 PM
Quote from: Top Dawg on October 20, 2010, 02:52:25 PM

were did you find the staff list at??

Cadet Staff is being notified this week and passed down through the chain. Thus, some Cadets have not been notified yet. If you'd like, I can email you the Cadet Staff list. As for Senior Member Staff, this is still being worked out.

Capt Ford

ahh ok... Do you know if the list for Senior Member staff will be out before the November deadline sir?
JOHN E FORD, Capt, CAP
Assistant Administration Officer
Florida Wing

HGjunkie

Hope I got selected for line staff...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DBlair

Update: Cadet Staff Selection List...

QuoteThe cadet staff for this year's FLWG Winter Encampment have been posted at http://www.flcadet.com/cp/EncampmentStaff.aspx. We received over 120 cadet applications, making the selection process a hard one. Congratulations to those who have been selected, and I look forward to working with you in the upcoming months. For those who were not selected, don't be disheartened; I encourage all of you to apply for our upcoming summer encampment.

Cadet staff members will be contacted by their immediate supervisors within the next few days to confirm their acceptance of the position offered. After that, please ensure that you have completed Basic and Advanced ORM training. Instructions on how to access and complete these training sessions are available at http://www.capmembers.com/safety/safety_training/orm_training.cfm.

Again, congratulations on your positions, now let's get to work to make this an outstanding encampment.

TRUNG H. TRAN, C/Maj, CAP
Cadet Commander
FLWG Winter Encampment 2010-2011

HGjunkie

Ah, no dice. Gotta try again next year.  :(
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

capchiro

I have tried to locate the cadet staff list and am having no luck.  Anybody got any ideas?  TIA.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Spaceman3750

DBlair

Quote from: TFO Ford on October 20, 2010, 06:00:40 PM
ahh ok... Do you know if the list for Senior Member staff will be out before the November deadline sir?
We're currently working on Senior Member Staff Selections and hope to have this out soon as well.

As for Cadets wishing to attend, I encourage everyone to get their application in ASAP as we have a limited number of spots and they are filling up quickly- Cadets from across the country (literally) have already applied.