Okinawa Cadet Squadron Winter Encampment

Started by jb3, October 04, 2010, 12:19:43 PM

jb3

Okinawa Cadet Squadron will host a cadet encampment from 26 DEC 10 to 2 JAN 11. We have a full schedule planned and look forward to making this the best overseas encampment in years. This is a huge milestone for the squadron which was down to one inactive member only a year ago.

Joshua Bauer Lt Col, CAP
Encampment Commander

lordmonar

BZ!

Let me know if there is any support we can throw your way!

I did the week end version when I was CC up in Misawa....I know how much work they can be!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jb3

Here is an update for those who are curious.

We have completed planning and have started receiving applications for our encampment. Although I don't expect more than a dozen cadets, the support we are getting from Kadena Air Base should make up for the lack of size. We have the rescue squadron promising to give the cadets helicopter rides, the special tactics squadron teaching first aid and rappelling, Army Special Forces supporting the engagement skills trainer (big shooting game), the transportation squadron providing vans and drivers, the PME center providing rooms for all members as well as two auditoriums, and countless other organizations and individuals helping in any way they can. In addition to building a great encampment, we now have a network of support for future activities.

Most of the cadets will be from here on Okinawa but we expect at least one from mainland Japan as well as two cadets coming from Georgia Wing.

I'll try to post a link to some pictures once the encampment in complete.

JB