Promotion Paperwork troubles

Started by C/Martin, September 27, 2010, 06:52:58 PM

C/Martin

When I started as First Sergeant at my Squadron I have been sitting on promotion boards ever sincec (even now that I hold a different position). And I tend to have issues when me and my fellow staff discuss the grading on cadets. The problems I come across is the grading sheet seems to be build for cadets that hold positions such as Element leader and above. And at my squadron, outside of C/SQCC, C/SQXO, C/1stSGt, C/FCO, there are no staff positions availble. So I find it hard to grade my cadets ranking between Airman and Technical Sergeant very hard.

I have been wondering for the past 6 months, think I can get National to do a little but more lower-ranking friendlier version (perhaps one for JNCO and below and one for SNCO and above).
Regards,
C/CMSgt
Todd Martin
Executive Officer/Chief
VA-023

ßτε

Are you using CAPF 50-1? It looks to be at the appropriate level to me.

tsrup

CAPF 50 series is broken down into the 4 phases.  CAPF 50-1 will be your friend.

Not to mention that if your board disproves a promotion without a CAPF 50 filed then you are wrong. 

Paramedic
hang-around.

C/Martin

So there are multiple promotion papers? Well types?
Regards,
C/CMSgt
Todd Martin
Executive Officer/Chief
VA-023

jeders

Quote from: C/Martin on September 28, 2010, 05:57:52 PM
So there are multiple promotion papers? Well types?
The 50 series aren't "promotion papers", they're feedback forms to help you counsel cadets such as during a PRB. The only "promotion papers" you might find are the 52 series forms which are used to certify phase completion for National.

But yes, there are multiple papers, four in fact. One for each phase. Use them as a guide during PRBs to help you judge where the cadets should be versus where they are.

Edit to add: If you're not already familiar with it, I suggest going here, about half-way down the page.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse