Florida Wing Glades Ranger School

Started by Capt Ford, September 13, 2010, 09:50:57 AM

HGjunkie

Quote from: CommGeek on September 14, 2010, 11:55:19 PM
Those guys are a joke...they run around the woods in their scarves and pistol belts.    Might as well wear blue tights and masks.  morons!   This is why we are looked at by the professional SAR and public safety folks as wannabes!

They are all arrogant, think they are above everyone else....   Can you spell PENCIL WHIP?

One good thing the FL Wing Commanded did is ban them!  Good Work Chris!

Oh look ...i see they also are very strict on the AF height weight standards.....   Kinda looks like 'Peter Griffen' from Family guy in BDU's   hahahahaha

The lack of professionalism in this post makes me sick. Just beating down something that was probably an outstanding program.

Quote from: Patterson on September 15, 2010, 05:21:19 PM
you know you can hate something without being mean and rude and coming off as a jackass.

Seriously.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

whatevah

I'm agree with the others, that was uncalled for. Consider this your warning. Take a close look at the MCOC.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Stonewall

Although I wouldn't have said it like CommGeek, I totally agree with him.

Throw the label of "Ranger" on something and it becomes elite.  In 23 years of CAP I've seen "Rangers" of all shapes and sizes and yes, even spent a little time at Hawk Mountain myself.  When I moved to FLWG in 2006 and heard of the program having made its way down here, my eyes rolled.

I am thankful it was squashed.

It's one thing for young cadets to look up to elitism, it's another thing for senior members (read: mentors) to feed it to them.

If you take a look at the 2004 Photos, it definitely looks like a high speed program.

Example 1:

Cadet Survival School is the only way to go...
Serving since 1987.

Майор Хаткевич

Can you spot TONY!?

Photo labeled: Falcon 3: Cadets at work

Photo labeled: Rangers: Rangers getting ready for another mission.

Awesome!

BillB

Tony???  You mean the one with no shoulder patch and the NEC breast badge.  Tony who?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: BillB on September 16, 2010, 06:24:52 PM
Tony???  You mean the one with no shoulder patch and the NEC breast badge.  Tony who?

Yea, that one. :)

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........