Squadron T-Shirts

Started by Angus, June 17, 2010, 01:46:16 PM

RiverAux

If that is the most egregious example of a squadron t-shirt that is currently being worn underneath a BDU shirt, I think we're probably in pretty good shape. 

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on July 05, 2010, 09:37:11 PM
Are these emblems, logos, etc. published anywhere with a scale and standard reference size to use when pairing them up? Is there a style guide that has metrics?

If you use the originals and overlay the new insignia over the full-sized one from the af.mil site, you can't go wrong, or at least be
so close as to not be called out.

The trouble is people who can't be bothered to take the time, throw something together in MS paint, and call the pixelated mess "done".

At the least we can assist others in selecting the proper graphics and not using the ones which are clearly incorrect.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Quote from: RiverAux on July 05, 2010, 09:39:36 PM
If that is the most egregious example of a squadron t-shirt that is currently being worn underneath a BDU shirt, I think we're probably in pretty good shape.
Yeah, IF it is. IF it's not, then that looks bad.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Aiming for "least incorrect" isn't really fitting with a core value that espouses excellence.

"That Others May Zoom"

High Speed Low Drag

This graphic was made by taking the AF art, then superimposing the seal over the MAJCOM shield so that the bottom of the seal was at the point of the bottom of the MAJCOM shield.  Then, the seal was expanded to the outtermost MAJCOM sides and top.  This is the result.  The seal sets no lower than the MAJCOM shield and is the same porportion as the MAJCOM patch.

HGJunkie - "Yeah, IF it is. IF it's not, then that looks bad" in response to RiverAux's post

I highly suggest you review the C & C you love to talk about.  You can have a spirited discussion & even disagree without being rude. Being on the internet does not give you the right to be disrespectful.  If you were one of my cadets, we'd be having a face-to-face discussion.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

Eclipse

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on July 06, 2010, 09:21:43 PM
This graphic was made by taking the AF art, then superimposing the seal over the MAJCOM shield so that the bottom of the seal was at the point of the bottom of the MAJCOM shield.  Then, the seal was expanded to the outtermost MAJCOM sides and top.  This is the result.  The seal sets no lower than the MAJCOM shield and is the same porportion as the MAJCOM patch.

Yep - I just quickly checked it and its dead on, might be the way the shirt is laying.

Nothing to see here...

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

HGJunkie - "Yeah, IF it is. IF it's not, then that looks bad" in response to RiverAux's post

I highly suggest you review the C & C you love to talk about.  You can have a spirited discussion & even disagree without being rude. Being on the internet does not give you the right to be disrespectful.  If you were one of my cadets, we'd be having a face-to-face discussion.

Quote from: Eclipse on July 05, 2010, 09:54:50 PM

Aiming for "least incorrect" isn't really fitting with a core value that espouses excellence.
It wasn't being rude, it was being straightforward with harsh reality; IF that isn't the worst squadron t-shirt, then that means some squadron out there has some t-shirt with designs all over it that break regs.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 07, 2010, 02:51:32 AM

It wasn't being rude, it was being straightforward with harsh reality; IF that isn't the worst squadron t-shirt, then that means some squadron out there has some t-shirt with designs all over it that break regs.

To whom are you responding?  I never commented on it being "worst".

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Quote from: Eclipse on July 07, 2010, 03:20:22 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on July 07, 2010, 02:51:32 AM

To whom are you responding?  I never commented on it being "worst".
Okay, my bad. I was too lazy to spell out "least incorrect." sorry for the misunderstanding. I was addressing high speed low drag.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF