Main Menu

Im sorry

Started by Flying Pig, June 08, 2010, 04:07:40 AM

SarDragon

The cotton was the part that made them suck.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Custer

Quote from: Earhart1971 on June 09, 2010, 02:45:04 AM
By the way the Grey BDU pants that can be gotten from Vangard are tolerable with the blue polo.

You man the Propper ones from bdu.com?  I looked around the Vanguard site and didn't see any gray stuff.  One of the wings already made that their standard for the polo shirt and it is functional, good looking and not too expensive.  I don't think it would work with the Aviator shirt uniform though - probably fits in that "casual slacks" category

Earhart1971

I could swear that someone said they come from Vangard, with a nice Black Web belt included. Yeah, they are Grey BDU Trousers.

The Aviator Shirt Uniform is ruined by the NB. The Blue Epaulets leave that Uniform in September 2010. Then we wear the Luftwaffe Grey Epaulets.  Just can the whole thing as far as I am concerned.

I dont need to wear ribbons and wings. I will wear the BDU, but I just hate the way the Blue Uniform has gone and the Air Force kicked us on the Aviator Combo.

Maybe I can get a corp pilot job and use my Aviators Shirts for a paying position, LOL!

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Earhart1971 on June 09, 2010, 05:38:57 AM
I could swear that someone said they come from Vangard, with a nice Black Web belt included. Yeah, they are Grey BDU Trousers.

I still loathe grey anything (except my hair  8)) where CAP is concerned, but at least BDU trousers are more "operational," and can look really good if taken care of.

The Aviator Shirt Uniform is ruined by the NB. The Blue Epaulets leave that Uniform in September 2010. Then we wear the Luftwaffe Grey Epaulets.  Just can the whole thing as far as I am concerned.

Actually, the WWII Luftwaffe wore a blue-grey slightly more grey than the RAF, but still blue.

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german33-45/luft/LWTuchrock.html

The uniform today's Luftwaffe wears is very similar, though of course without the Nazi guff.

http://www.wephaus.com/proddetail.php?prod=114321&cat=8

I think you may be thinking of the East German Luftstreitkräfte, which wore grey uniforms with blue piping.

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/New-Photos9/tn21b.jpg

I dont need to wear ribbons and wings. I will wear the BDU, but I just hate the way the Blue Uniform has gone and the Air Force kicked us on the Aviator Combo.

Actually, the AF signed off on the TPU initially, and even asked for changes in it - which were made.

It is National who is deep-sixing the TPU...as far as I know even the modified version with the grey epaulettes is not even being considered except for as a phase-out.

It seems that National is scared of anything blue potentially ticking-off the Air Force, with that silly vague "low-light/at a distance" clause being wielded as an axe against anything blue except the modified AF uniform.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

BDU.com is where those pants come from, they are not BDU pants, they are lightweight tactical pants, and yes a belt comes with them.

Wear of the Aviator shirt uniform does not change in September and has not changed in about 8 years.

The Air Force has not mandated any changes to the Aviator whites, nor the CSU. 

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Earhart1971 on June 09, 2010, 02:13:26 AM
We need a National Command Staff with the (you guess the part) to tell the Air Force the Uniform we will wear.

Not happening.  After the berry boards era and the TPU, I would be extremely surprised if the uniform issue is ever broached again.  I think the "moratorium" on uniform changes is probably permanent.  National seems to be so afraid of its own shadow where the issue of uniforms is concerned (unless you want to talk grey) that it's a dead issue.

My own preferences, not that they matter a tinker's cuss:

Blue utility uniforms/flying clothing

For AF blue uniform:
Blue 3-line nameplate for both shirt and service coat
CAP cutouts replacing U.S.
Blue rank slides with "CAP" embroidered on all garments
Belt buckle with CAP crest

For "distinctive" uniform:
Darker blue airline issue shirt
Dark blue airline issue trousers
Blue CAP embroidered rank slides
Blue flight jacket and/or black A-2

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on June 09, 2010, 06:41:57 AM

Nonetheless, even though General Courter has made some fairly major changes to the CSU, it's still going out the door.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Earhart1971

Grey Epaulets look like the Luftwaffe Epaulets of the recent years. I was in USAFE. Familiar with the Luftwaffe Uniform. Light Blue Shirt with the Grey Eps. Or light Blue Eps.

One of my Seniors also a USAFE Vet coined that phrase.

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on June 09, 2010, 07:00:39 AM

Nonetheless, even though General Courter has made some fairly major changes to the CSU, it's still going out the door.

This thread isn't about that uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

Custer

Quote from: Eclipse on June 09, 2010, 02:02:42 PM
This thread isn't about that uniform.
It was originally about how it was difficult to find commonly shaded gray pants to wear with the polo shirt.  We came up with two solutions:

1. Use the Tactical pants or BDU pants from Propper (at BDU.com) that are the right shade of gray, durable, and good looking.  Also cheaper than the embroidered shirt itself.

2. Pacific region has authorized Khaki pants for use with this uniform.  This is a far more widely available color, and you can get a perfectly acceptable pair of these at Wal-Mart for $9.88, and wear them with your civilian clothes as well.  If you are going to an activity outside the region you can probably afford to spend more than $32 for a uniform.

ßτε

Quote from: Custer on June 09, 2010, 02:57:46 PM
2. Pacific region has authorized Khaki pants for use with this uniform.  This is a far more widely available color, and you can get a perfectly acceptable pair of these at Wal-Mart for $9.88, and wear them with your civilian clothes as well.  If you are going to an activity outside the region you can probably afford to spend more than $32 for a uniform.
Do you have a reference for this?

cap235629

BDU.com is where those pants come from, they are not BDU pants, they are lightweight tactical pants, and yes a belt comes with them.

Wear of the Aviator shirt uniform does not change in September and has not changed in about 8 years.

That is what I wear with the polo.  Makes a great uniform for everything but going in to combat, which is why we have BDU's, oh wait a second we don't go into combat.....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

AirAux

I gotta admit, they do look good.  I don't know if I can remember what all I stuck into all 11 pockets though..  Bill, do you like the way they wear?  Are they wash and wear??  Thanks.

a2capt

Is that PCR authorization in writing someplace else besides the "uniform for the conference will be.. "? Finding PCR supplements isn't too easy.

cap235629

Quote from: AirAux on June 09, 2010, 03:53:19 PM
I gotta admit, they do look good.  I don't know if I can remember what all I stuck into all 11 pockets though..  Bill, do you like the way they wear?  Are they wash and wear??  Thanks.

I love them.  They are great for flying too.  They are really comfortable and lightweight.  They are wash and wear but I iron everything.  I have 2 pairs with polo's rolled into them with a pair of skivvies and socks in my 72 hour gear as well.

We do a TON of joint ops in Arkansas, I spend a lot of time in IC posts.  The look is professional and "fits in".

In the field, the pants are as durable as ripstop BDU's.  I blouse the pants when I am trudging through the brush.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Custer

Quote from: a2capt on June 09, 2010, 04:05:00 PM
Is that PCR authorization in writing someplace else besides the "uniform for the conference will be.. "? Finding PCR supplements isn't too easy.
I will attempt to find hard copy documentation this evening.  I am starting to get the impression, though, that the basis for this was the Region conference instruction letter and everyone just kept wearing that as a uniform afterwards.

I've only been back in CAP for a month now but I'm seeing khakis on probably 1 out of 3 people.  As those for the most part are the command pilots they may well have all been at the region conference and just kept dressing that way after they came back, and it spread like the proverbial virus.

If it was a temporary authorization it wasn't taken that way, at least not here.

Eclipse

Quote from: Custer on June 09, 2010, 05:42:44 PM
If it was a temporary authorization it wasn't taken that way, at least not here.

What are the odds?   ::)

A change like that would require NHQ approval and the supplement would then be required to be posted on the web.

My guess is neither is true - this would have been a big deal we were all aware of.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

A flyer advertising a conference is not an OI, Supplement, letter, or anything else of the sort. It's nothing official at all. How do you cite that? Do you put a copy of flyer with the date circled in the regulations book?

I'm not saying you're saying this, I'm saying if thats what it was intended, it sure is asinine. The only reference I can find to 'khaki' and CAP is the recent CAWG 39-1 that has the glider 'uniform' mentioned. Blue or Khajki shorts.

Custer

Quote from: a2capt on June 09, 2010, 06:27:03 PM
I'm not saying you're saying this, I'm saying if that's what it was intended, it sure is asinine. The only reference I can find to 'khaki' and CAP is the recent CAWG 39-1 that has the glider 'uniform' mentioned. Blue or Khaki shorts.

Uh.... yeah, yeah, they were all flying gliders......

Well at least now I'm back in line with the thread subject  :'(

Seriously though, why did the Region commander authorize something like that for the conference?  Reading the actual regulations (as I can't trust anything else, apparently) there was no authority to do that.

Any WHY? Everyone with a polo shirt would have had to have had grey pants anyway.  And nobody from national attended and said WTF?

Eclipse

^ Welcome back to CAP...

"That Others May Zoom"