Big Cadet Slump

Started by Seabee219, May 27, 2010, 02:14:09 AM

Earhart1971

I turned over a 40 Cadet Squadron to another Commander. And he let the Squadron run down, as in, if you stop recruiting, those cadets your trained, the ones you took in during their Middle School Years, then they graduate from High School. They are gone!  If you did your job they are off to College. So, there is a a cycle to cadet membership. If you stop filling the pipeline, it dies, automatically.

HGjunkie

And did you do anything to try and prevent it? Sounds like you just sat back and watched a new commander screw up without any help from you.  :-\
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Earhart1971

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 07, 2010, 08:05:19 PM
And did you do anything to try and prevent it? Sounds like you just sat back and watched a new commander screw up without any help from you.  :-\
Oh, Please, I was Commander 4 years, I gave Command to somebody, and they took the reins. I found out about what happened 10 years later, and the decline took him 3 years.

Nothing I can do about it. What I am going to recruit from two counties away?

SarDragon

Hey, Junkie, you might want to get a little background intel on someone before you start throwing barbs at someone.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Seabee219

No I did not just sit back and let it go.  Thats why I replaced the cadet Commander that was not doing good with someone else. I am fully involved in whats going on. Some things are out of our hands. I had some go to the Military or off to collage. At some point you have to let the Cadets make mistakes and them help them fix it, it is a learning process.  Please do not judge me when you do not know all the facts....But I do know where you are coming from.   >:D
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

HGjunkie

Yeah, that was a bit out of line. :(
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Seabee219

No problem, you live and you learn.  But thank you for your comment. It takes a grown up to admit when your wrong. I commend you for that.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people