Professional Development checklist spreadsheet

Started by arajca, November 12, 2006, 11:23:53 PM

Senior

I can't get the document to open. I tried to unzip. ???

Defender

Very nicely done.  Thanks for the contribution to the track.

Bringing the program in my own squadron up to date, and things like this help for reference. 

8)
JOHN R SANTIAGO, 1LT, CAP
COMMANDER     GLR OH 051

"Excellence Is Our Standard"

arajca

This version is still in DRAFT status. When I finalize it (there are some minor issues I fixed after review but haven't posted here) I'll post it here an send it to national.

Added:
Made some changes and fixed alot of spelling errors. Still in DRAFT form.

Latest version attached...

CAPSGT

Not sure why, but when I enter a date into a cell on one sheet, it enters it into the corresponding cell on all of the sheets.  I thought it was odd that by entering a task in a specialty track it autofilled the Level II completion on the same sheet, and when i entered the next task for the tech rating it autofilled the Level III completion.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

tarheel gumby

:clap: :clap: :clap:well done this is gold :clap: :clap: :clap:
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

arajca

Quote from: CAPSGT on February 16, 2009, 01:42:50 PM
Not sure why, but when I enter a date into a cell on one sheet, it enters it into the corresponding cell on all of the sheets.  I thought it was odd that by entering a task in a specialty track it autofilled the Level II completion on the same sheet, and when i entered the next task for the tech rating it autofilled the Level III completion.
Please give me some details. What sheet,  what task, what level. Some cells are set to autofill like Level I,II,II etc completion - you enter these on the Member Data sheet and it autofills where needed on every sheet. Name and CAPID are the same way.

hatentx

Hey I was looking and something to be right there on the cheat sheet that might help is to have a place to check off when the apprpriote award is given for that level.  This way at a glance we can see qickly and make sure they are good at this level as well rather than running through e services to find it out.

LittleIronPilot

Am I missing something...the latest version is asking for a password.

arajca

The pasword is only to make changes to the coding. Open as read only, enter the information needed, then save as something else - I use members last name and CAPID (i.e. rajca123456.xls) in a folder that only contains these spread sheets.

RogueLeader

DDR sheet does not have a title.  It just says
Professional Developement Checlist

Other than that, outstanding woork.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

For some reason, zipping the file introduces all sorts of errors. When I check the working copy, the errors mentioned here are not present.

The only reason I zip it is because I can't upload Excel spreadsheets.

arajca

Since the Chaplain track was changed yesterday, I'm holding off on releasing the final update.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Quote from: arajca on February 19, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
For some reason, zipping the file introduces all sorts of errors. When I check the working copy, the errors mentioned here are not present.

The only reason I zip it is because I can't upload Excel spreadsheets.

Rename it xxx.xls.zip, and see if it will upload that way.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

rmutchler

I haven't pulled the ZIP file, but is this the same file as http://tinyurl.com/CAPPDChecklist from the national site?

peter rabbit

Level V - Direct SLS,CLC, or UCC OR Staff RSC OR NSC    has been changed in CAPR 50-17 to read:

"Conduct a Level I Foundations Course summary conversation and serve in a director or staff member capacity in a CAP approved course (reference Attachment 4). This staffing requirement is in addition to the staffing requirement found at paragraph 6-1."

This means you can also serve as a staff member at SLS, CLC, UCC, or other courses - you don't have to be a director of one of those. However, you can't count what staffing/directing you did for Level IV.

peter rabbit

Level I also requires EO and Intro to CAP Safety.