Main Menu

A couple of things...

Started by juicedude10, March 20, 2010, 02:54:55 PM

juicedude10

Okay, so I reported a message to both people that I could report it too, how long does that usually take before they "respond"?  And, if you make a mistake more then twice and two people call you on it, can you mark these messages as spam or something so they don't talk to you/post on your stuff/message you? I'd like that A LOT, because my computer is messed up and some of my keys are missing so I have to type a lot like alot, because my computer is missing keys, and I've gotten yelled at that twice now...

jimmydeanno

If someone doesn't have anything constructive to say about your posts and you'd rather not even read it...

1) In the toolbar above, click "profile"
2) In the upper left corner, hover over the "MODIFY PROFILE" button and click the "Buddies/Ignore List"
3) Add that persons username to your ignore list

However, I might add that people sending you personal messages are not aware of how many times you've been told the same thing.  In reality, they probably think they're the only person to do it, because quite frankly, most of us could care less.  If we can't understand what you're saying, we don't respond.

So you have a few options.

1) Do what I said above
2) Make a better effort of constructing your posts
3) Just ignore the feedback and keep going on your merry way
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

That's a really lame excuse. Your space bar works just fine, as evidenced by the liberal scattering throughout your most recent post.

I sent you a simple, polite PM, reminding you of the correct spelling. Nothing more; nothing less. There was no personal attack, and no scolding involved.

Like I said in a previous post - "Lighten up, Francis!" If you are unaware of that phrase's roots, go watch Stripes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

Just to clarify, when you "Report" a personal message using CAPTalk's report feature, you generate a complaint to the board's administrators and moderators that the sender has sent you something inappropriate or that violates our website's Member Code of Conduct.  It's not there in case you disagree with the contents of the PM.

While we certainly welcome all members here and there are a number of cadets on CAPTalk, bear in mind that the majority of the active users here are senior members.  I sincerely doubt people are trying to attack you for little to no reason, but trying to be helpful and give you a guiding hand.  Perhaps you just misread their intentions.

For what it's worth, there is also the more cadet-centric http://forums.cadetstuff.org that you may want to check out if you haven't done so already.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

juicedude10

Quote from: SarDragon on March 20, 2010, 07:08:45 PM
That's a really lame excuse. Your space bar works just fine, as evidenced by the liberal scattering throughout your most recent post.

I sent you a simple, polite PM, reminding you of the correct spelling. Nothing more; nothing less. There was no personal attack, and no scolding involved.

Like I said in a previous post - "Lighten up, Francis!" If you are unaware of that phrase's roots, go watch Stripes.

wasn't talking to you, you were the first person, the second person just made me mad.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: juicedude10 on March 20, 2010, 08:09:49 PM

wasn't talking to you, you were the first person, the second person just made me mad.

Ok, but honestly, what did you expect? You mention some weird off-the wall stuff that has nothing to do with CAP. Apparently ignore most of the responses, and make more and more topics about the same thing...

But it's ok, I've added YOU to my ignore function, so I don't have to read any of this.

Pylon

1.  Let's keep it civil, folks.  Seriously.

2.  The ignore feature on CAPTalk blocks PMs.  It doesn't hide another user's posts.

Майор Хаткевич

So I have discovered...a shame.

juicedude10

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on March 20, 2010, 09:07:31 PM
Quote from: juicedude10 on March 20, 2010, 08:09:49 PM

Ok, but honestly, what did you expect? You mention some weird off-the wall stuff that has nothing to do with CAP. Apparently ignore most of the responses, and make more and more topics about the same thing...

But it's ok, I've added YOU to my ignore function, so I don't have to read any of this.

okay, so what was the "weird off-the wall stuff that has nothing to do with CAP.  Apparently ignore most of the responses, and make more and more topics about the same thing..."  Whats the off the wall stuff? Also, what topics do I make about the same things? And maybe its because I don't get an answer.

Pylon

This section is for forum support issues.  And this conversation is a personal one.  I think we're done here.