Tests a Cadet can/should do.

Started by Picy3, May 19, 2018, 02:43:10 AM

Picy3

I have been in CAP for a year now and was wondering about all those tests/courses there are on eservices.

Now I have done the model rocketry ones  ;D, GES, continuing ES parts 1-3, ICUT  :-\, OPSEC, wing runner course and some others BUT was wondering if there are some that I should be doing or just could do for A or No reason.

Such as things for more ES qualifications and/or working twards goals.

If this seems like a dumb question then do ignore but its just something that was on my mind. ???

Thanks,
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

Jester

arajca

There are a number of communications modules you could work on.

GZCP31

Take all of the FEMA courses. ICS100, ICS200, ICS700, ICS800, and if your can find them close ICS300 and ICS400

ICS300 and ICS400 combined is 1 week of classroom training. 3 days for 300 and 2 days for 400. Also Basic Risk Management.

Some of these are required for basic ES qualifications such as GTM and MRO,  and others will be needed for the more advanced ES qualifications.  I always recommend my unit members take these as soon as possible as most do not expire. With Summer arriving and Cadets with more free time, I put these on the to-do list to complete prior to School starting in the fall.

I also agree that the Communications test section are always good to do. You can also work on the Technician specialty track for Communications to get your Communications badge even as a cadet.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU