EMT patch placement?

Started by Wildbilly1760, August 08, 2021, 03:49:39 PM

Wildbilly1760

Senior member field uniform blue BDUs question. I saw wilderness first aid patches wore centered  on the left blouse top pocket.   Same place as communications or model rocketry.  Can the State issued EMT patch still be worn in the same place?  Is it to be worn on the right shoulder?  Is it allowed even at all anymore?  If it is or not can you point me to text in 39-1?  I remember seeing them in the past, but things have changed over the years.  Thanks

Eclipse

Quote from: Wildbilly1760 on August 08, 2021, 03:49:39 PMCan the State issued EMT patch still be worn in the same place?

No.

If you're a qualified EMT, you wear the EMT badge above the tapes, that's it.

"That Others May Zoom"

N6RVT

Quote from: Wildbilly1760 on August 08, 2021, 03:49:39 PMSenior member field uniform blue BDUs question. I saw wilderness first aid patches wore centered  on the left blouse top pocket.  Same place as communications or model rocketry.  Can the State issued EMT patch still be worn in the same place?  Is it to be worn on the right shoulder?  Is it allowed even at all anymore?  If it is or not can you point me to text in 39-1?  I remember seeing them in the past, but things have changed over the years.  Thanks

"10.9.20. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Patch. May be worn by individuals who have satisfactorily completed CPR training, as awarded by a CPR-training agency whose training standards meet the US Department of Transportation "National Guidelines for First Aid in Occupational Settings". Patches will only be worn while the member is current. Patch will be appropriate in size and appearance for the uniform being worn and that authorized by the agency that completed the training"

I would hope that the state requires this training as part of becoming an EMT.  However, as has been said, there is also an actual EMT badge and it would be redundant to wear both.  Plus the EMT badge is permanent where the patch is not only temporary, but a real bother to put on

In the days of the "Pickle Suit" we would cut the pocket off, sew on the patch and then sew the pocket back on.  I have never done this with BDU (any of the 3 versions) as it is way too much of a bother.