Reenactment Insignia? Is there some type of program up and coming?

Started by Hawk200, May 11, 2021, 06:55:03 AM

Hawk200

Was perusing Vanguard for a bit, and was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

I'm wondering if there is some type of Historical program that intends to present these as some part of historical "living display."

Anyone know anything?

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

AdAstra

For Civil Air Patrol's 75th Anniversary, Col Frank Black asked Vanguard to make the reproduction insignia.Vanguard has had them in their Clearance section for the last couple of years.

The center of CAP re-enactors seems to be Reading, PA. Lt Col Sean Neal was assigned as NHQ Reenactments Manager. Check out the Civil Air Patrol - World War II Re-Enacting Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/269928883076694
Charles Wiest

Eclipse

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 11, 2021, 11:26:30 AMSporadically, in the past some members have done CAP reenactments. Do not recall a name as I saw these about three years ago, and about 5. You may want to google "CAP reenactment" to see if you get hits.

and

See the red epaulets on the khakis? World War II!

FTFY, no charge...

"That Others May Zoom"

wacapgh

My November 1944 edition of Civil Air Patrol Handbook: "Note removal of red shoulder loops" so they would be incorrect for a late-war impression.

Also, the shoulder patch with the "CIVIL AIR PATROL" top arc is November 1944 and later.