Tactical Golf Shirt vs Knit Golf Shirt

Started by i_am_a_politician, July 06, 2019, 05:09:21 AM

i_am_a_politician

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to purchase my polo for the senior side.  I'd like to know your thoughts on the two versions offered.  How do you think they fit?

I am a pretty skinny person so I'm trying to find a size that fits me without looking too baggy.  Any other smaller people who can recommend a size?

Also, just to make sure, Earhart cadets supposed to receive a CPO technician rating upon going senior, correct?
1st Lt Politician

Fester

CAPR 50-17 Chapter 9 gives details on what former cadets can be awarded once turning dark side.

And I would definitely recommend the tactical golf shirt.  Looks better, will last longer and will look better for longer.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Paul Creed III

Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

CFToaster

I'm a mid-size human (70kg, 1.6m), and the small tactical polo is a bit baggy on me. The cotton polo seems to be slimmer cut. You could also have it taken in anywhere that does alterations.

Adam B

I'm quite skinny (5'9", 125lbs) and I own both shirts. The knit polo is quite baggy, but the tactical polo fits pretty well.
Adam

GZCP31

I also own both. In the Texas heat, the Tactical is much better. It is a polyester wicking material. The Knit polo is 100% cotton, is hot and does not dry quickly. It is good for Spring or Fall in the south. Fit on both is about the same in Large.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

CAPCom

Highly recommend the extra $$ for the tactical shirt.  Feels good when on, is cool in the warm weather, washes well with no fading, will last forever, looks new all the time.  I now have three.

Gunsotsu

The lack of a long sleeve tactical polo is infuriating.

GroundHawg

Quote from: Gunsotsu on July 09, 2019, 03:54:01 PM
The lack of a long sleeve tactical polo is infuriating.

+1

I HATE the golf combination uniform, but if you are going to have it as an option at least offer both long and short sleeves.