Cadet Officer School-Just Silver Star, or NCSA Attachment as Well?

Started by GTCommando, April 14, 2012, 06:41:03 PM

GTCommando

Hello All,

I'll be attending COS this summer, and I just wanted to clarify something: According to CAPR 39-3, graduates of COS may wear a silver star on their Mitchell ribbon. Since COS is an NCSA, can I also wear a clasp on my NCSA ribbon? (Went to HMRS last year). I talked to a cadet who had graduated COS and they thought it might be an either/or option, however the regs don't explicitly state this. Just wanted to clarify. Any help would be appreciated.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

MIKE

Yes, it didn't used to be this way though.

Quote from: CAPR 39-3d. Cadet Specialty Activity Ribbon. ...
(16) Cadet Officer School
Mike Johnston

Phil Hirons, Jr.

COS is on the list in CAPR 39-3 para 20d (16) for the Cadet Specialty Activity Ribbon. So attendance would qualify you for  the ribbon or clasp for an additional award.

CAPR 39-3 para 14j authorizes the silver star on the Mitchell for completion of COS. (Or the highest cadet award worn as a senior member)

The "regs" authorize both. Neither section says anything about excluding the other.

As a graduate of COS in 19??, I wear the silver star on my Earhart ribbon and a Cadet Specialty Activity Ribbon.

Most importantly, have a great time at COS. It is a great experience.

GTCommando

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies! Question answered.  :clap: I'm really pumped about going to COS this year. I'll be attending with another Cadet Officer from my area (Another CAPTalk contributor, BTW), so I'll have my hands full.  ;D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates