Main Menu

Ribbons

Started by abdsp51, March 09, 2012, 01:40:29 AM

abdsp51

May seem redundant and common sense but I can wear some of my ribbons previously awarded?  The ones I currently have are my Meritorious Service Medal,  Mitchell, Red Service and Encampment. 

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 09, 2012, 01:40:29 AM
May seem redundant and common sense but I can wear some of my ribbons previously awarded?  The ones I currently have are my Meritorious Service Medal,  Mitchell, Red Service and Encampment.

Decorations are permanent.

Hopefully you can substantiate them, especially the MSA, and copies of the 120's or certs should be in your folder.
The encampment and red service are self-actualizing if eServices indicates the requirement,

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

I have the certificate for the MSA.  The encampment is reflected in eservices Jul 95 and NHQ has my initial join date as Nov 94 the MSA is dated July 97. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

I figured that was the case just wanted to ask.  Now time to wait for Level I to process and work on Level II.

Eclipse

L1 usually process same-day, but the F11 has to be emailed to NHQ, sometimes commanders miss that piece.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

The group I'm apart of here is pretty good about processing items.

resq1192

How about w/Disaster relief ribbon?  Awarded to me my first go-round.  Asked multiple times after repeating Level 1 for my second go-round if it was appropraiate for me to wear, never got an answer.  Also scratched my head re no notation for red service as I was eligible for award twice (came and went twice after 2 years each time).
From "The Searchers": "LET'S GO!"

lordmonar

Yes.....all of them.

The only one's that don't are the cadet acheivment/milestones....except the highest earned.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ßτε

Quote from: resq1192 on March 09, 2012, 09:11:00 PM
How about w/Disaster relief ribbon?  Awarded to me my first go-round.  Asked multiple times after repeating Level 1 for my second go-round if it was appropraiate for me to wear, never got an answer. 

If you have the documentation, you are allowed to wear activity and service ribbons you preciously earned, provided they are still authorized for wear in general.

Quote from: resq1192 on March 09, 2012, 09:11:00 PM
Also scratched my head re no notation for red service as I was eligible for award twice (came and went twice after 2 years each time).
It doesn't work that way. The first two years count for the basic ribbon. After that, once you have a total of five years, you are eligible for the first bronze clasp.

lordmonar

To clarify.

You get the basic Red Service Ribbon at two years.
Three years later (the five year mark) you get the first clasp.
You get another clasp for every five years after that...up to 20....then you go to numbers 20, 25, 30.....
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ColonelJack

Quote from: ß τ ε on March 09, 2012, 09:22:39 PM
If you have the documentation, you are allowed to wear activity and service ribbons you preciously earned, provided they are still authorized for wear in general.

Correct ... but as I pointed out in another, similar thread ... logic also must apply.  When I came back into the fold in 2009, my Wilson award was listed on eServices.  My squadron CC figured (rightly) that he didn't need to see any documentation on the Garber, Loening, etc., because if I had the Wilson, I already had all those others.  QED.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia