Please Cite "Low Light"

Started by a2capt, March 20, 2011, 09:06:37 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on March 22, 2011, 01:10:30 AM
1) Hey - our little brother is really useful and we can keep 'em close. They are professional, productive, and having them look like us can help. It might lead to some confusion with some of our folks but we can solve that with a little education. (Ex: we are now an entry in Airman "The Book", it isn't much, but we're in there as part of the USAF, and not under AU or AETC or whatever.)

2) Hey our little brother is really useful and we can keep 'em close, but some members keep acting like idiots so we want CAP members to be immediately obvious so if there is some conflict our members know to take orders/instructions from the dudes with a commission, not some CAP member. (I know this leaves out CAP-NCOs, but there aren't very many of those out there, makes a shorter statement)

1.  I doubt that is ever likely to be the mindset of the AF again, even though we do appear yearly in Airman magazine.  Other than AU, very few USAF websites even mention us.

2.  This is probably the closest we'll get...even though the "idiot episodes" are few and far between.

Again, the AF has to take some responsibility for educating their troops.  It's been a long time since BMT for me but one of the academic/classroom sessions could be used for just that.  Two hours max., maybe presented by CC TXWG.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

Quote from: CyBorg on March 22, 2011, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: LGM30GMCC on March 22, 2011, 01:10:30 AM
1) Hey - our little brother is really useful and we can keep 'em close. They are professional, productive, and having them look like us can help. It might lead to some confusion with some of our folks but we can solve that with a little education. (Ex: we are now an entry in Airman "The Book", it isn't much, but we're in there as part of the USAF, and not under AU or AETC or whatever.)

2) Hey our little brother is really useful and we can keep 'em close, but some members keep acting like idiots so we want CAP members to be immediately obvious so if there is some conflict our members know to take orders/instructions from the dudes with a commission, not some CAP member. (I know this leaves out CAP-NCOs, but there aren't very many of those out there, makes a shorter statement)

1.  I doubt that is ever likely to be the mindset of the AF again, even though we do appear yearly in Airman magazine.  Other than AU, very few USAF websites even mention us.

2.  This is probably the closest we'll get...even though the "idiot episodes" are few and far between.

Again, the AF has to take some responsibility for educating their troops.  It's been a long time since BMT for me but one of the academic/classroom sessions could be used for just that.  Two hours max., maybe presented by CC TXWG.

So lets see, there are 6 bmt squadrons operating at lackland right now, with a graduating class from all 6 once a week. So that means that the TxWg/CC would have to be on lackland for 12 classroom hours, not to mention the time it takes to move from squadron to squadron. So i would guess, 2 full days a week teaching what CAP is to trainees.

This may be just me, but uh, i doubt that will happen.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

The CyBorg is destroyed

Hypothetical suggestion WRT CC TXWG, as well as the timeframe.  That's why I included "max."

Any CAP member vetted by TXWG and staff 737th TRG could do.

My point is that a huge part of the problem between us and the AF is that the AF are not educated about us, and it is up to the AF to do that.

I believe it could quite easily take the place of one of the marathon dorm-cleaning/underwear-folding sessions I remember (if they still do that).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

Quote from: CyBorg on March 22, 2011, 08:02:12 PM
Hypothetical suggestion WRT CC TXWG, as well as the timeframe.  That's why I included "max."

Any CAP member vetted by TXWG and staff 737th TRG could do.

My point is that a huge part of the problem between us and the AF is that the AF are not educated about us, and it is up to the AF to do that.

I believe it could quite easily take the place of one of the marathon dorm-cleaning/underwear-folding sessions I remember (if they still do that).

I'm sure they still do that, its been a few years now, but i did it as well. I agree that education is the key here (and what a better place than basic) but i think we will hit a brick wall with the AF over it.

I believe (IMHO of course) that we will run into the same thing i deal with on a daily basis in CAP. CAP will suggest "hey you can take out one of your dorm cleaning sessions and we will teach CAP...win win right?" and i think (again IMHO) that we will get the AF answer as "but....but...we have always done that dorm cleaning at that time...i don't think we can change that...sorry, were maxed for time at basic".

Not saying its correct, there was plenty of "down time" at basic, but the AF standard answer towards anything to do with basic is "sorry, were maxed for time here".
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

The CyBorg is destroyed

You're probably right WRT the AF attitude, but it could also be put in the BMT book (do they still issue those?) with much less effort, especially now with all the desktop-publishing abilities (my BMT book was a bunch of photocopies bound together).

Maybe it could be done as an incentive...meaning that a trainee who attends such a training module could be compensated with X amount of patio time?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

adamblank

I think LGM is on track here.  I know on his base the SQ/CC there has interacted with OG SQ/CCs and their capabilities are known all the way to the WG/CC who is very interested in how they can help achieve mission success in a tough financial time for the government as a whole.
Adam Brandao