Main Menu

Uniforms

Started by abdsp51, December 04, 2010, 04:41:53 PM

abdsp51

I am going through some old uniforms I have and would like to donate it to the local unit here.  Can you guys tell me if your authorized to wear the 1608 shade? 

GTCommando

It depends. Are you referring to service dress for cadets or senior members? Here's a quote from the Knowledgebase:

Phase-out date for old style service coat for cadets

a. Service uniforms include the service dress uniform, long-sleeve light blue blouse/shirt, and short sleeve light blue blouse/shirt. These uniforms are authorized for year-round wear. Cadets may continue to wear obsolete uniform items for a 2-year period following the phase-out date except when participating in national activities where only currently authorized items will be worn. The old-style Air Force service uniform for cadets will not be covered by this phase out rule and will continue to be authorized indefinitely. When old and new items are worn, the coat and slacks/skirt/trousers will be of a matching material (same shade, weave, and weight). Blue uniform items except shirts/blouses should be dry cleaned unless label specifies differently.

Note: See old style shades below and AF phaseout date.
Service Dress Coat, Shade 1549 30 September 1996
Service Dress Coat, Shade 1598 (Polyester Double-Knit) 30 September 1999
Service Dress Coat, Shade 1608 (Polyester Wool Tropical) 30 September 1999
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

abdsp51

Either or or mainly for the cadets.  I have a few pairs of pants that are that shade that are just taking up space. And I have some old BDU's that are still in good condition.

JoeTomasone

The 1608's can be worn by a cadet, the BDUs can be worn by any member, and I am certain would be very much appreciated.

If you'd like to look at our uniform regulations, they can be found here:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/u_082203102943.pdf

abdsp51

I know I did when I was a cadet and our unit relied heavily on donations and such.  I would donate to my old units but shipping costs being what they are and we have one on base here.  Just didnt want to give them anything they couldnt use. 

DakRadz

Quote from: abdsp51 on December 04, 2010, 05:22:21 PM
Either or or mainly for the cadets.  I have a few pairs of pants that are that shade that are just taking up space. And I have some old BDU's that are still in good condition.
The BDUs would be great for any squadron to receive.

The 1608 can be worn by cadets- just slip something in there about the restriction to cadets and that they should check Regs to see how they can wear the old shades. That should avoid any issues. (Any service coat and flight caps would have to be 1608 as well)

abdsp51

Appreciate the info guys. 

Hawk200

Quote from: DakRadz on December 04, 2010, 05:47:06 PM(Any service coat and flight caps would have to be 1608 as well)
From CAPM 39-1, Table 2-1, Line 12, (Flight Cap), and Table 2-2, Line 14 (Flight Cap): "All shades and materials of cap are authorized with any uniform combination."

This actually mirrors AFI-36-2903, Table 2-1, Line 11, (Flight Cap), and Table 2-2, Line 13 (Flight Cap).

That being said, with service dress it will present a better appearance if the materials match. With anything less than service dress, the materials aren't critical as long as the flight cap is clean and in
good repair.

Many people assume that they have to match, and claim "It's regulation!" It's not, it's simply a good idea, but not mandatory.