Main Menu

Vanguard ???

Started by Major_Chuck, March 03, 2006, 07:45:14 PM

Major_Chuck

Has anyone had any problems with Vanguard when attempting to order from them.  I'm using them for the first time and I've had an order pending/awaiting confirmation from my credit card company for the last four days.

Of course, called Customer Service and was put on hold/death watch.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

arajca

4 days. That's nothing. My order is still pending/awaiting confirmation after being placed on 6 Feb 2006.

It's my first order with them, and probably my last.

Major_Chuck

So it's not me then.  Hock Shop here I come.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

I had some problems with my order.  The order was still showing "pending" after I received the majority of it.  A uniform shirt was on back order, but nothing listed it as such.  They sent me the wrong size pants.  Also, their nametapes look a little scrunched together to me.  My other CAP ones and AF ones space my name out over 2½ inches.  Vanguard's were only 2 inches wide.  May not sound significant, but the characters and spacing doesn't match the CAP tapes they are selling (which are CAPMarts old stock). 

It took a while (5-7 days?) to get their approval to return the pants.  I'm still waiting for them to send me the right ones.  Meanwhile, it's still showing as "pending".  It appears that their system is manually updated.

If Vanguard is going to do the job, they need more customer service staff and their website needs to be more than an online catalog.  I think they are just realizing the burden that CAP orders are going to put on their company.  I hope they are ramping up to meet the challenge.  According to NHQ's website: 

QuoteTo help ensure you the best service possible, NHQ and Vanguard Industries are holding teleconferences the first Wednesday of each month. If you experience any difficulties or have suggestions to improve service, please e-mail them at cap@vanguardmil.com or contact our NHQ POC, Rita LaBarre at rlabarre@cap.gov or contact Membership Services at (877) 227-9142.

Personally, I'd say CAPMart did a better job.  Personally, I never had any problems with them.  To me, Vanguard isn't any better or worse, just different.  The Hock Shop isn't an option for me.  Something from years ago (I don't remember exactly what), but I won't order from them. 

YMMV...

Major_Chuck

Unfortunately there are a few CAP specific items that I haven't been able to locate outside of Vanguard/CAPMart that forces me to use them or the Hock Shop. 

Regimental Tie, Safety Patch, Senior Safety Badge, Major Epaulets.  It's not like I ordered anything that is unique where they have to go and make it by hand. 
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

You weren't able to find those items on Vanguard's website? Here's what I found:

CAP0977F           REGIMENTAL TIE 4-IN-HAND

CAP0640             SAFETY PATCH

CAP0757A           SAFETY OFFICER BADGE SENIOR

CAP0747BA         GREY MAJOR EPAULETS    

Keep in mind that if you checked early on, they were still adding products to the site.  They updated it quite a bit in the first week.

Major_Chuck

Sorry, a little confusing the way I wrote that.  Those are the few common things I ordered.  You would think that they had them available and ready for shipment.

Quote from: shorning on March 03, 2006, 10:32:39 PM
You weren't able to find those items on Vanguard's website? Here's what I found:

CAP0977F           REGIMENTAL TIE 4-IN-HAND

CAP0640             SAFETY PATCH

CAP0757A           SAFETY OFFICER BADGE SENIOR

CAP0747BA         GREY MAJOR EPAULETS    

Keep in mind that if you checked early on, they were still adding products to the site.  They updated it quite a bit in the first week.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 04, 2006, 01:29:02 AM
Sorry, a little confusing the way I wrote that.  Those are the few common things I ordered.  You would think that they had them available and ready for shipment.

I would have thought the same of CAPMart.  The problem is that they were transferring product from CAPMart to Vanguard.  That and the fact that Vanguard doesn't show you what's out of stock or on back order.

Pylon

I've had several orders in for my squadron to both Vanguard and The Hock.  Both have been "pending" for almost a month, now.  I tried to acquire certain uniform accessories to ensure all my cadets would be in proper uniform for a C-130 orientation flight in March, but it doesn't look like it will all arrive in time.

My Admin Officer called tonight to say that one of the Vanguard orders for the unit arrived, but only about half of the items came.

This whole sudden shift to Vanguard has totally screwed up all of CAP's supply sources.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

I'm begining to get nervous - my order has been waiting for over 2-weeks, and twice I have been promised "soon", and "will call you back to confirm".

Nothing yet, and my need date is approaching.
I know some have had no issue...

"That Others May Zoom"

Major_Chuck

Okay.  I just fired off an email to Rita Labarre at NHQ complaining about Vanguard and their lack of response.

To help ensure you the best service possible, NHQ and Vanguard Industries are holding teleconferences the first Wednesday of each month. If you experience any difficulties or have suggestions to improve service, please e-mail them at cap@vanguardmil.com or contact our NHQ POC, Rita LaBarre at rlabarre@cap.gov or contact Membership Services at (877) 227-9142.

Whatever response I get I will post.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

Quote from: Eclipse on March 04, 2006, 04:18:38 AM
I'm begining to get nervous - my order has been waiting for over 2-weeks, and twice I have been promised "soon", and "will call you back to confirm".

I'd make alternate arrangements.  I was told that a few times and I'm still waiting for my order to be fulfilled.  Too bad I opted for the BBDUs.  I could have gone to clothing sales and had woodlands setup by now.

Major_Chuck

I ended up getting the "BBDU's" at a store that supplies police departments.  I've found procuring items outside the "Official CAP" Sources tend to work the best.  Unfortunately some of the more CAP specific items is what holds everything up.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

shorning

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 05, 2006, 02:44:02 AM
I ended up getting the "BBDU's" at a store that supplies police departments.  I've found procuring items outside the "Official CAP" Sources tend to work the best.  Unfortunately some of the more CAP specific items is what holds everything up.

I thought about seeing if I could buy them through the USCG here.  I don't think local uniform shops would have had anything.  I would have had to order from somewhere on the mainland.  Unfortunately, the shipping makes one source just as bad as another.

Next time I'll reconsider where I buy my uniforms from.  In addition, I'm going to keep a stock of things that I might need.  But then, I always have the golf shirt to fall back on.

MIKE

ODU shirts are tuck in... Not the same as the BFU.
Mike Johnston

Slim

Quote from: MIKE on March 05, 2006, 03:47:51 AM

They're also a lighter shade of blue.  But then again, if there is an MSST or LEDET in the area, they might be wearing navy blue BDUs still.  Although I thought I saw an ALCOAST that eliminated them when the ODUs started flowing out from Cape May.

Actually, every set I've bought came from either a local surplus store (three  sets) or Galls (one set).  As much as I despise surplus stores, the difference in the cost more than made up for the fact that I didn't have to wait until they were shipped, and I knew I got the right thing.  Cop shops are another good source.

Slim

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on March 05, 2006, 03:47:51 AM

Which is ultimately what stopped me.

tomcat

Placed a larger order from Vanguard for our entire squadron, about 20 items. Got them in 3 different shipments. Still items missing. Others sent more than ordered. Nametags screwed up. I am not quite happy to say the least. No response to e-mails or phone calls since Monday. Will alert my CC company on Monday and get my money back.
Markus C. Decker, 1st Lt, CAP

lordmonar

Remember that VANGUARD is was not really geared for retail sales.  They are probably still learning how to do one up orders.

I personally have always liked the Hock Shop better even if their prices were a little higher.  The told you right away if they had to back order and shipped pretty fast.

YMMV
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

shorning

Quote from: lordmonar on March 18, 2006, 08:31:43 AM
Remember that VANGUARD is was not really geared for retail sales.  They are probably still learning how to do one up orders.

Vanguard has been doing small sales for a while.  That's why they have and entire site devoted to military stuff. 

Unfortunatley, it doesn't appear that they were ready for the work load required to support CAP.  It seems they were more in tune with the occasionaly order.

Becks

took them about a week and a half to get my name patch for my flight suit to me.  Not great shipping time, but not bad either.

BBATW

arajca

It took a month (ordered 6 Feb, rec'd 6 Mar) for standard,non-customized stuff. Very not good fulfillment time.

Pumbaa

I'm finding this whole uniform thing a joke.

Here I am new to CAP and I am having a bear of a time getting uniforms...  I ordered from Hock nearly 4 weeks ago..  He never confirmed my order.. I emailed.. no response.. finally called he said it would be 2-3 weeks.. now nearly 4 weeks I email again.. no answer.. I found BDU's on ebay and ordered them.. had them in a few days, no patches though.  My CApt did get me a name tape so that is on.  I rolled my sleeves so you dont know I dont have patches.. Still waiting for my BDU's from Hock...  Think I may cancel it.

Got Nomex off ebay for $31 shipped.. Now I need patches for it.. Was going to get them from Vangaurd, but their site bites the bongos..  CAn't find what I need..  Wanted to get blues, but the heck with it, ordered an aviator shirt from a link here think it was a yahoo store.. ordered Sunday got it Monday!   and got some grey slacks from JC Pennies.. Problem is no shoulder boards, etc.....

So how am I expected to get into a uniform when the stores stink?

Frustrating indeed...

Pace

Well, I blame this one whole-heartedly on NHQ.  It was bad enough to just dump all of this on Vanguard (a very reputable company) without massive prior coordination to set of the logistics of the operation before the transfer.  To add weight to a system that is just now barely standing on its own feet, NHQ is creating new uniforms for them to sell and phasing out uniforms Vanguard just purchased from CAPMart.  It's too much of an overload.  Give it no more than 6 months and things should be back up to speed.
Lt Col, CAP

footballrun21

All this has got to be hard on new members, though, just as SM Fairchild said.  No good place at the moment to get uniforms/uniform items and tons of new uniform changes comming out from NHQ.  If I was just joining, it would almost scare me away. :-\
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

Pumbaa

C/SMSgt you are right on...  I try real hard to not let it effect my mindset towards CAP.

Here I get a nomex flight suit.. and now the color changes...  I get grey pants with aviator... well now pant color will change.. thankfully I have been unable to buy the grey shoulder boards for it.. guess I am luckyI can buy any ;)  At least there is a phase out period, so I can wear them for a while I guess...

I just filed a claim against my Hock order.. I mean they had no problem taking my $100+ in a flash, but now I can't get through on the phone and my emails are not being replied too. 4 weeks is TOTALLY unreasonable for an order...  Not good business.

Does anyone have a regular shoulder patch US flag?  One for my Nomex?  And where can I get one with velcro or do I have to sew it that on myself? Found my State Patch, leather name on Vanguard but no flag!

Hope I am not coming across as a whiner, but man this really does take the wind out of the sails!  ooops sorry.. I live in a lake region.. bad analogy on an aircraft oriented board ;)  Sure takes the lift off the wings...

arajca

A source for nametapes, CAP tapes, flags - both styles - that I have had good luck with is www.1800nametape.com. I placed an order with them on Monday, had my stuff by Thursday. They sent one wrong badge (not CAP related) and I had the correct one two days after I called. They also make nameplates (the grey and blue three line and the AF brushed metal).

shorning

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 19, 2006, 12:22:37 AM
Here I get a nomex flight suit.. and now the color changes...

Is your flightsuit green or blue?  If it's green, I haven't heard of a phase out date for them.  They should be good...for a while any way.

Pylon

I went to order the new two-line nameplate from Vanguard, since I was told they were already shipping them.  They are -- but they want several bucks for the nameplate, and $7 in postage costs to send me the single nameplate... standard ground shipping.  The guy on the phone thought that was pretty reasonable, too.  Twice the price of the nameplate to ship it... heh.

:P  And here I thought that nobody could have outrageous shipping prices like CAPMart did.

md132

Defending The Hock shop.  Tom has been backed up since CAPMart sudden closure.  I suggest you be patient with him.  Vanguard's time for CAP items sucks.  Takes a week just for processing and they don't even tell you if an item is backordered until items are recieved.  For any AF-style uniform items best bet is AFMCSS.  Army MCSS is slowly phasing out BDU's.  You can get the Blue Field uniform at Sunny's.  Got my for a total of $60.00.  Not too bad. 

The Hock shop will probably be backed up for a while.  Since I believe CAP members will use him more than ever.  Vanguard was just not equipped to handle this load.  They would refer USAF personnel to AAFES for their nameplates.  They only thing that I actually bought from them was my SDF unit crest till they stopped selling it.  So I would have to travel 2 hours just to get unit crest.  I was never really happy with Vandguard.  They don't even have the books for new Seniors and new Cadets.  At least I haven't seen them. 

arajca

Does anyone have the specs for the new nameplate? plate size, font, font size, exact wording? If so, could you post it here?

Thanks.

Nick

I haven't seen any official specs, but it appears to be the same as the existing 3-line nameplate except dropping the second (USAFA) line.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

I have to wonder why we just didn't go back to the blue 3-line nametags.  I mean, we already had those being made. ???

Nick

...and I know I held onto mine from my cadet days for a reason.  [darnit], I'd like to actually use it for once.

On an off-topic... Steve, go to sleep man.
Texas Wing Staff Guy

Pumbaa

Well thanks for putting me a little at ease ;)

I have the sage green nomex, I got lucky and got one that is a perfect fit and new shape off ebay for $31 shipped.  I've seen that style/ color going for over $50! too.. another website offers used for $75 or so.. This auction happened to end around 9 am, which is a great time to get the deals!  Not a lot of bidders! Now to find the proper cap to go with the sage green nomex...

I've been finding a lot of overpriced stuff, but I have been trying to be careful.  I got winter weight BDU's for $19 (pants and shirt), although used it was never worn, nice and stiff and clean, had to remove some patches. I have black tactical combat boots, that I wear when I am doing combat handgun competitions, 10 years old, but they polish up great, look nearly new and fit and feel great.

Since you guys have confidence in the Hock, then I'll sit back and try and relax. I ordered summer weight BDU's from him and my patches. 

I think I am going to try and get hooked up with AAFES for my blues and anything else then.  I saw a post somewhere with detailed instructions on calling and getting set up with AAFES, now to dig that up.

At least I will know better how to do this as I have to get uniforms for my 13 y/o daughter who just joined CAP.

BillB

You may have problems with The Hock. Tom has had problems getting CAP items of late. I ordered a bunch of items, all of which he had in stock plus a set of Mess dress shoulderboards. The order is ready to ship except for the shoulderboards which he has to get from Vanguard as the ONLY source. And if you look at Vanguards online listing all shoulderboards are 2LT with other rank superimposed. CAPMart had these for each rank with the rank embrodered on.
Some items The Hock offers are shipped the next day such as name tags or name tapes. But if they come from Vanguard, may take several weeks, It depends what the source is to determine how long it takes to get insignia or uniform items.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Pumbaa

Now that is a shame that the Hock has to order from the same place we also have trouble with...

Would seem that someone with an entrepreneurial spirit would be thinking about doing something... if possible... Create a source that is quality and consistant.  I mean there is a rather captive audience in regards to CAP uniforms, etc...

They say necessity is the mother of invention... will be interesting to say the least.

shorning

Nah, Nick, I'm in Hawaii.  So for most of you, I'm up a little later.  But more importantly, I'm a shift worker.  12-hour shifts, 3-on/3-off, rotating days and nights every set of two shifts.  NIPR is just one of the networks I'm required to use in my job.  So I troll CAP Talk and CadetStuff in between other tasks.  Lucky me, I have the night shift this weekend.

I need a life... ;)

arajca

Quote from: shorning on March 19, 2006, 10:53:59 AM
I have to wonder why we just didn't go back to the blue 3-line nametags.  I mean, we already had those being made. ???
Probably because they had USAF on them.

BillB

What regulation authorizes CAP LTCol's to have a life. I've never found it.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 19, 2006, 12:00:10 PM
Well thanks for putting me a little at ease ;)

I have the sage green nomex, I got lucky and got one that is a perfect fit and new shape off ebay for $31 shipped.  I've seen that style/ color going for over $50! too.. another website offers used for $75 or so.. This auction happened to end around 9 am, which is a great time to get the deals!  Not a lot of bidders! Now to find the proper cap to go with the sage green nomex...

Blue flight cap with blue braid for SM without grade; blue flight cap with silver/blue braid for senior member officers. If you wear the blue NOMEX flight suit or utility uniform, no cap is required.

Took me about a couple of weeks for Vanguard to ship my order for a blue utility uniform (aka the 'poor man's flight suit')  Theirs is about $10 more than the utility uniform sold by The Hock Shop, but the quality is much better and it's patterned after the current issue 'green bag' flight suits (pen holder flap on left sleeve (which many cut off) and knife pocket on lower right leg).

Usedflightsuit.com sells their 'Class A' (best quality) used NOMEX green bags for $49.95 these days.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nick

Quote from: shorning on March 19, 2006, 01:31:23 PM
Nah, Nick, I'm in Hawaii.  So for most of you, I'm up a little later.  But more importantly, I'm a shift worker.  12-hour shifts, 3-on/3-off, rotating days and nights every set of two shifts.  NIPR is just one of the networks I'm required to use in my job.  So I troll CAP Talk and CadetStuff in between other tasks.  Lucky me, I have the night shift this weekend.

I need a life... ;)

Ah see, that's where we diverge... apparently the AETC NOSC people have felt it incumbent upon themselves to require all AETC proxies to ban forum sites (to include CS... I haven't tried CAPTalk) on NIPR, so no trolling the boards for me at work.
Texas Wing Staff Guy

shorning

Quote from: BillB on March 19, 2006, 04:45:21 PM
What regulation authorizes CAP LTCol's to have a life. I've never found it.

Heck, as  CAP Lt Col, I have plenty of time.  I'm unassigned and spend most meetings wondering why I keep renewing.  I'm not sure I'm really needed in my squadron.

It's my day job and school that's keeping me busy.  That's part of the reason I don't do more with CAP.

ELTHunter

I placed an order for name tapes and a cadet rank insignia and it took over three weeks for them to ship.  By the end of week two, the cadets parent had gotten tired of waiting and ordered them from another source....I found out Vanguard will allow no changes to CAP orders after they are placed.  They sited too many changes by CAP folks causing too many orders to be delayed.

If you can find it somewhere else, I'd go there.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

wildman

E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer... other than that ... I don't know there phones seem to be tied up a lot.
If you happen to call after hours don't call there Calif number on the answering message.... those folks in the Calif store ARE RUDE!! :-*
wild

wildman

Hey what about the BLUE NOMEX suit-anyone know where I can find a deal on that....yes, I checked E Bay and many other sites.....just can not see paying vanguard... 260 $ for a new one.. I will make due with the utility first.
Thanks for any tips.  ;D
wild

SarDragon

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:29:12 PM
E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer... other than that ... I don't know there phones seem to be tied up a lot.
If you happen to call after hours don't call there Calif number on the answering message.... those folks in the Calif store ARE RUDE!! :-*

There is no California storefront. Their business is all mail/phone/email order, and all CAP business is done through the Virginia branch. IIRC, I made that quite clear when the shift to Vanguard was made.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

shorning

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:29:12 PM
E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer...

Really?  For me it's usually taken a week to week and a half minimum to get a respone from her (or anyone there).  I'm still waiting for them to get me things I ordered at the end of January!  I think there service has been less than spectacular. 

And, yes, my opinion of them is decreasing the longer I have to wait...

Pumbaa

Interesting, I had an issue with an order called and got right through on the phone today.  Person took care of it and said my order will be shipped in a timely manner... hehehehe

shorning

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 29, 2006, 11:00:38 PM
Interesting, I had an issue with an order called and got right through on the phone today.  Person took care of it and said my order will be shipped in a timely manner... hehehehe

Phone isn't an option for me.  By the time I have a chance to call them, they are closed for the day.  The one time I was able to call earlier, they individual I spoke with didn't know anything about my order.  I hope they get their act together over the next few months. 

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:34:41 PM
Hey what about the BLUE NOMEX suit-anyone know where I can find a deal on that....yes, I checked E Bay and many other sites.....just can not see paying vanguard... 260 $ for a new one.. I will make due with the utility first.
Thanks for any tips.  ;D

Not many places stock dark blue CWU-27P-style NOMEX. You might try www.flightsuits.com .
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 30, 2006, 12:47:44 AMNot many places stock dark blue CWU-27P-style NOMEX. You might try www.flightsuits.com .

They are about a ten minute drive from me. Good folks to work with.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Just got the latest CAP Volunteer. It has an article covering the transition to Vanguard. The members they quoted obviously weren't from CAPTalk or CadetStuff, as they were signing praises about Vanguard. :o

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: arajca on March 30, 2006, 03:18:22 AM
Just got the latest CAP Volunteer. It has an article covering the transition to Vanguard. The members they quoted obviously weren't from CAPTalk or CadetStuff, as they were signing praises about Vanguard. :o

Who'd Vanguard pay off?    >:D ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

shorning

Are you sure it wasn't in another language?  ;)

arajca

Quote from: shorning on March 30, 2006, 06:13:47 AM

Are you sure it wasn't in another language?  ;)
I'm sure. I'm fluent in American, although I can do a passable BS. ;D

Pylon

Excellent!  Biased press!  Just what I always hoped we'd have for our organization!   ::) :P

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Pylon on March 30, 2006, 02:17:24 PM

Excellent!  Biased press!  Just what I always hoped we'd have for our organization!   ::) :P

"First to go, last to know... we will defend to the death the right to be misinformed!"  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

biZarre

Placed an order on Feb 28th, had to call one to find out order status other then eternal pending, UPS now says my package will arrive today Mar 30th. 

We shall see. 
???
Doug Kilian, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Minnesota Wing

Major_Chuck

I was just checking the status of my most recent Vanguard order and low and behold there is my last order that I received a few weeks ago.  Its status was still waiting for shipment. 

I really don't like the fact that on the Vanguard site you can't switch to other uniform items.  If you're logged into the CAP site you can't select from the other site and vice versa, unless if I am doing something wrong.  I ended up having to register for both sites.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Monty

Ordered my stuff and got it inside of two weeks.  Not sure where the SNAFUs are in the order process but mine seems to be okay...

Al Sayre

Same here, although I didn't order anything custom, just some stuff I've been waiting on from the hock shop since January... :'(
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

Ordered my Capt stuff Monday afternoon and it showed up on my doorstep Friday afternoon with the standard shipping for seven bucks.  It must be custom stuff... nametags etc, or some other issue that is holding up other peoples orders.

Mike Johnston

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on April 07, 2006, 07:33:37 PM
Ordered my Capt stuff Monday afternoon and it showed up on my doorstep Friday afternoon with the standard shipping for seven bucks.  It must be custom stuff... nametags etc, or some other issue that is holding up other peoples orders.

I ordered a set of the blue field uniform (amongst other things) at the end of January.  I'm still waiting for the pants to show up.  Is that a custom item?

I think I'm going to cancel my order, return the shirt, and order from someone more reliable. 

Westernslope

Quote from: shorning on April 07, 2006, 11:23:58 PM
Quote from: MIKE on April 07, 2006, 07:33:37 PM

I ordered a set of the blue field uniform (amongst other things) at the end of January.  I'm still waiting for the pants to show up.  Is that a custom item?

I think I'm going to cancel my order, return the shirt, and order from someone more reliable. 

Dang, wish I had known. I was at clothing sales at Maxwell yesterday. I could have gotten them for you and sent them to you.   Or better yet, brought them to you! I am due a vacation!

shorning

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 01:05:27 AM
Dang, wish I had known. I was at clothing sales at Maxwell yesterday. I could have gotten them for you and sent them to you.   Or better yet, brought them to you! I am due a vacation!

Maxwell's MCSS carries CAP uniforms?  AF-style uniforms I can get (see my signature).

Westernslope

Quote from: shorning on April 08, 2006, 02:00:18 AM
Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 01:05:27 AM

Maxwell's MCSS carries CAP uniforms?  AF-style uniforms I can get (see my signature).

Well ........You caught me sleeping. I guess was just hoping for a reason to go to Hawaii.   :)

shorning

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 02:21:24 AM
Well ........You caught me sleeping. I guess was just hoping for a reason to go to Hawaii.   :)

I keep saying there needs to be an August NB Meeting here.  CAP members are always welcome to visit.  Heck, I might even play tour guide if my schedule permits.

Psicorp

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 19, 2006, 12:22:37 AM
C/SMSgt you are right on...  I try real hard to not let it effect my mindset towards CAP.

Here I get a nomex flight suit.. and now the color changes...  I get grey pants with aviator... well now pant color will change.. thankfully I have been unable to buy the grey shoulder boards for it.. guess I am luckyI can buy any ;)  At least there is a phase out period, so I can wear them for a while I guess...

I just filed a claim against my Hock order.. I mean they had no problem taking my $100+ in a flash, but now I can't get through on the phone and my emails are not being replied too. 4 weeks is TOTALLY unreasonable for an order...  Not good business.

Does anyone have a regular shoulder patch US flag?  One for my Nomex?  And where can I get one with velcro or do I have to sew it that on myself? Found my State Patch, leather name on Vanguard but no flag!

Hope I am not coming across as a whiner, but man this really does take the wind out of the sails!  ooops sorry.. I live in a lake region.. bad analogy on an aircraft oriented board ;)  Sure takes the lift off the wings...

Okay, I'm getting confused here (apparently not a new issue regarding uniforms)...is the blue CWU-73/P flightsuit (aka NASA Flightsuit) still "legal"?   

I wish our uniform manual would list these things according the actual designations and not things like "CAP Flightsuit".

Oh, and while I'm at it...what is the proper head wear with the blue flightsuit anyway?  I know the blues flightcap is worn with the green flightsuit, but what about the blue?

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

MIKE

Quote from: Psicorp on September 28, 2006, 12:44:47 PM
Okay, I'm getting confused here (apparently not a new issue regarding uniforms)...is the blue CWU-73/P flightsuit (aka NASA Flightsuit) still "legal"?

Quote from: CAP/CC Letter, Changes to CAPM 39-1, CAP Uniform Manuald. CAP Distinctive Flight suit. A dark blue NOMEX flight suit was approved for
wear by CAP members. This item will be worn with the same badges and devices as
the currently authorized CAP distinctive ultramarine blue flight suit. The ultramarine blue
flight suit will be phased out 1 March 2009.

CAPM 39-1 Fig. 4-4. is the flight suit being phased out in favor of the same blue as the CAP Utility Uniform.

Quote from: Psicorp on September 28, 2006, 12:44:47 PMOh, and while I'm at it...what is the proper head wear with the blue flightsuit anyway?  I know the blues flightcap is worn with the green flightsuit, but what about the blue?

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 4-5. Men's and Women's CAP Blue Flight Suit and Blue Flight Jacket6 Headgear Flight cap or CAP baseball cap for both male and female.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

Yup... the dark blue Nomex flight suit (aka CWU-73/P (the sage green AF-style is CWU-27/P)) replaces the ultramarine blue CAP flight suit. The utility uniform is identical in color and style to the new blue flight suit, though some will have some slight differences, like side zipper pockets (aka 'happy pockets').

The utility uniform sold by Vanguard (made by Tru-Spec) has a bit of styling borrowed from the current flight suit and the aborted McPeak flight suit, such as 'happy pockets', no top thigh zipper pockets (or pen knife pocket) and a penlight pocket on the lower right leg zipper pocket.

The NASA-style flight suit is good until 2009, but expect more than a few to ignore the phaseout date.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Psicorp

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 30, 2006, 02:03:25 PM
Yup... the dark blue Nomex flight suit (aka CWU-73/P (the sage green AF-style is CWU-27/P)) replaces the ultramarine blue CAP flight suit. The utility uniform is identical in color and style to the new blue flight suit, though some will have some slight differences, like side zipper pockets (aka 'happy pockets').

The utility uniform sold by Vanguard (made by Tru-Spec) has a bit of styling borrowed from the current flight suit and the aborted McPeak flight suit, such as 'happy pockets', no top thigh zipper pockets (or pen knife pocket) and a penlight pocket on the lower right leg zipper pocket.

The NASA-style flight suit is good until 2009, but expect more than a few to ignore the phaseout date.

Okay, thank you sir!   I had found a deal on the CWU-73/P...got a new one for $45 including shipping on Ebay and then got to wondering which flight suit it was that's being phased out.  I looked on Vanguard and was like :o  $268!!!  Yikes!   Personally I like that CAP blue uniforms and have gotten a few sets even though I meet the A.F. weight requirements.  Anyway, thank you for the clarification.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257