Vanguard leather name patches

Started by Damron, February 22, 2016, 12:10:17 AM

wvlawyer02

I received my leather name patch today from Vanguard.  My name is split left and right now, when my previous name patch had my name centered.  I called Vanguard and was told that is how CAP HQ directed that it be done.  Vanguard agreed it looked bad and all other services center the name.  So I checked the CAP 39-1; Figure 2-19, and the name is clearly centered.  Does anyone know where this direction at CAP HQ comes from or can explain the change? 

Eclipse

Quote from: wvlawyer02 on April 18, 2016, 02:21:37 PMDoes anyone know where this direction at CAP HQ comes from or can explain the change?

The creative imagination of the person you spoke to...

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Send it back with a change/refund request with a printed copy of the reg.

vento

Quote from: wvlawyer02 on April 18, 2016, 02:21:37 PM
I received my leather name patch today from Vanguard.  My name is split left and right now, when my previous name patch had my name centered.  I called Vanguard and was told that is how CAP HQ directed that it be done.  Vanguard agreed it looked bad and all other services center the name.  So I checked the CAP 39-1; Figure 2-19, and the name is clearly centered.  Does anyone know where this direction at CAP HQ comes from or can explain the change?

What version of CAPM39-1 are you looking at? Everything I see in the current version has the name and last name spread left and right.
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf
Figure 6-4 - page 79
Figure 6-6 - page 80
Figure 8-1 - page 96
Figure 8-3 - page 98
Figure 8-4 - page 99
Figure A6-3 - page 138

I am not saying it looks right, but I think Vanguard has a point when they are simply following instructions.

Mustang

I think what they're saying is that VG is making them like this, which is the USN/USMC standard:

Needless to say, CAP is not the USN/USMC.  We should be defaulting to the USAF standard, which is this:

If NHQ has indeed told VG to make CAP tags to the USN/USMC standard, that needs to be corrected.

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Paul Creed III

Quote from: Mustang on May 11, 2016, 09:56:03 AM
I think what they're saying is that VG is making them like this, which is the USN/USMC standard:

Needless to say, CAP is not the USN/USMC.  We should be defaulting to the USAF standard, which is this:

If NHQ has indeed told VG to make CAP tags to the USN/USMC standard, that needs to be corrected.

Here's my last one ordered from Vanguard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1gh3hyhs5wyaa7/2016-01-31%2019.44.00.jpg

Having a suffix on one's name (and not wishing to exclude it since I am not my grandfather) makes it even more odd-looking.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Mustang

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "