Vanguard Letter from the National Commander

Started by a2capt, April 22, 2010, 03:05:44 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: peter rabbit on May 05, 2010, 02:45:03 AM
Quotethanks for the info on contacting NHQ. i ordered a regimental tie 2 March - Vanguard is saying they should have it by the end of April!

I just checked again on the tie - they replied that their supplier had pushed delivery back to 90 days. I don't have a reply back yet whether that is 90 days from original order date of 2 March or 90 days from now!

I just noticed what you ordered.  Why do you want to wear the red-striper?  Just wear the standard USAF tie, it actually looks a lot cleaner.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Gotta agree with Bob here. (Horrors!)

The regimental tie is only worn with the blazer, and the AF blue tie is the other option.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

Probably only the second regimental tie Vanguard has sold in the last year.... ;D
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

peter rabbit

QuoteI just noticed what you ordered.  Why do you want to wear the red-striper?  Just wear the standard USAF tie, it actually looks a lot cleaner.

1. because it is what i had seen as the example in the manual and other people wearing
2. because my wife thinks it looks better  ;)

thanks for the suggestion. it was my backup plan, but will now become plan A.

jimmydeanno

Silk worms only produce regmental tie colors when the moon is in Jupiter.  Hence the delay.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pumbaa

I thought silk worms were Iranian Missiles?

PHall

Quote from: Pumbaa on May 05, 2010, 10:46:47 PM

No, they're Chinese missiles that were sold to the Iranians.

a2capt

Quote from: Pumbaa on May 05, 2010, 10:46:47 PM

No, those would be sand worm missiles. Silk is from China ;-)