Wings for flying a CAP glider?

Started by Flyinsarge, June 16, 2011, 10:40:57 PM

Flyinsarge

I will be attending a wing flight encampment next month, and will be flying gliders. Will I get wings to wear with my uniform? Or only power students? Thanks!

vento

You can wear CAP Pilot Wings (power, glider, or balloon) if you are licensed and have a form 5. Or you can wear the solo Wing if you meet the requirements. See page 15 of CAPR 60-1

Thrashed

Cadets also have "pre-solo" wings, believe it or not. I think they have to attend a national glider or power camp to get them.

What do the regs say? CAPR 35-6 says pre-solo wings are worn in accordance with 60-1. CAPR 60-1 doesn't mention pre-solo wings. Welcome to CAP.  ;)

Save the triangle thingy

SarDragon

CAPR 60-1, 20 FEBRUARY 2008, para 1-6. Explanation of Terms, has the Pre-solo quals.

CAPR 60-1, 5 JANUARY 2009, CHANGE 1, 2 FEBRUARY 2009, para 1-3. Definition of Terms, has no mention thereof.

CAP REGULATION 60-1, 24 MARCH 2011, para 1-3. Definition of Terms, continues the trend, with about half of the definitions revised.

From 2009 - SUMMARY OF CHANGES. The entire regulation is completely revised, to eliminate information duplicated in other CAP regulations and improve readability.

Guess they went a little too far in removing stuff. Wonder what the KB sez about the Pre-solo wings.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

Huey Driver

Are there pre-solo wings for blues? I've seen them on BDU's but that's it.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Flying Pig

Quote from: Thrash on June 17, 2011, 02:24:54 AM
Cadets also have "pre-solo" wings, believe it or not.

Ahhh man....why did you have to mention those!?

JC004

Yes.  Look in the regulations and on the Vanguard site.