Main Menu

Blue Beret 2009

Started by 0, August 20, 2008, 05:23:44 PM

jeders

Quote from: RickFranz on January 20, 2009, 06:01:32 AM
Quote from: itorrent on January 19, 2009, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: caprr275 on January 19, 2009, 01:44:43 AM
also the deadline to apply has passed.

I applied something around the secon day that NCSA applications came out. Good stuff, I really hope I can get in. Any suggestions from any members that have gone in previous years?

I have been the last two years and the pictures you see on the web really don't do the event justis.  It is very hard to think of all those aircraft coming to one place and then leaving in short period of time.  If you get to come, you will have a good time, once you recover that is  ;D

Those pictures also don't do justice to how crazy those flightline drivers are. Wait, was I not supposed to say anything about that. ;D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

alamrcn

Apparently there are more benefits of going to Blue Beret than what NatCP tells you...

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

alamrcn

Apparently there are MANY benefits of going to Blue Beret than what NCP tells you...

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

caprr275

Im going to have my new camera there this year

winterg

Stay away from the Warbird girls............  8)

RogueLeader

Quote from: winterg on January 25, 2009, 06:55:29 AM

Just the Cadets or us old fogeies too?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

caprr275

Oooohhh I got some good stories from WIWAC (god... I feel old saying that) about the warbird girls 

But I don't want to give cadets reading this forum any ideas... they are bad stay away  ;)

isuhawkeye

lol,  i've got some great memories from Oshkosh over the years

does anyone remember

The password is.......  Swordfish

winterg

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 25, 2009, 06:01:06 PM
Quote from: winterg on January 25, 2009, 06:55:29 AM

Just the Cadets or us old fogeies too?

No rule against SM's but I still wouldn't recommend it.  Besides, as a SM there are plenty of oportunities to enjoy the activity that do not include the WB girls. :)

Becks

Shhh...what happens at NBB stays at NBB...and Packer's.

BBATW

isuhawkeye

I know this is about 2009, but was anyone here @ beret in 1999

N Harmon

Quote from: isuhawkeye on February 21, 2009, 06:54:54 PM
I know this is about 2009, but was anyone here @ beret in 1999

I was.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

isuhawkeye

us old fogies have just as much fun at beret as the cadets

Eclipse

The Airventure website also has future dates, so you can pretty much count on NBB being wrapped about these:

2010: July 26-August 1
2011: July 25-31
2012: July 23-29

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

OK, so what gives?  To hear it told from NBB's side of the house, CAP is an integral partner with EAA Airventure.

But checking over the Airventure website, CAP isn't shown anywhere, listed as a participant, listed as an exhibitor or partner, and the only "Aux" listed is the CG.

The only mention I can find is that we're on the approved media outlet list and one mention tangentially related to someone getting an award.

So...um....

"That Others May Zoom"

winterg

NCRblues

Who else is going this year? Im going as a tac! ;D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

LtCol057

Not going this year, but I went in 97. Would love to go back sometime.

NCRblues

I also need some help, does anyone know were to get the packing list for SM's and the other info like transportation from appelton airport? If anyone can point me in the right track that would be great, thanks!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

jeders

SM packing list is the same as the cadet list. If you don't have that, then contact the activity director who will help you out. As far as transpo. from Appleton, they should have a van running there to pick people up, just make sure that the activity director knows what time you arrive their and flight number. Hope that helps.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse