Did we do something wrong?

Started by Гугл переводчик, March 31, 2014, 07:07:01 PM

PHall

Quote from: PA Guy on April 02, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2014, 01:56:49 AM
Quote from: a2capt on April 01, 2014, 04:28:47 AM
Hey, don't feel bad. Could be worse. CAWG gets a a cadet encampment commander from COWG because they say there's no one else qualified..

Read: The CTG Clique didn't approve of anyone.. 

Works both ways.

You failed to mention that said cadet is a California Wing cadet who currently attending the Air Force Academy.
He transferred his membership to Air Academy Cadet Squadron so he could continue to test and promote.

All of the applicants for CAWG Encampment Cadet Commander were highly qualified. However in the opinion of the selection board, composed of only seniors the cadet they selected was the most qualified of all the cadets that applied for that job.

Yeah, I know, I was there.  And I know who was on the board.  The cadet in question had a pretty good board.
He also has a pretty good track record from all of the activities he's participated in and helped run.
The only potential problem is that his summer schedule at the Academy is not his to decide.
But the board was impressed enough with him to roll the dice and hire him anyway.

a2capt

Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2014, 01:56:49 AMYou failed to mention that said cadet is a California Wing cadet who currently attending the Air Force Academy.
He transferred his membership to Air Academy Cadet Squadron so he could continue to test and promote.
I didn't realize that CAWG had any units in RMR-CO..  Learn something new everyday. Wow.

lordmonar

Quote from: a2capt on April 02, 2014, 07:15:40 AM
Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2014, 01:56:49 AMYou failed to mention that said cadet is a California Wing cadet who currently attending the Air Force Academy.
I didn't realize that CAWG had any units in RMR-CO..  Learn something new everyday. Wow.
:( now you just being a FPOC.  :(
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Hey, don't feel bad. Could be worse. CAWG gets a a cadet encampment commander from COWG because they say there's no one else qualified..

Works both ways.

You failed to mention that said cadet is a California Wing cadet who currently attending the Air Force Academy.

Which makes him a...

...COWG cadet.

"Why" he's a COWG cadet is irrelevant. Who says he's ever coming back to CAWG?  He could
join the USAF, get deployed, wing up in Texas and never set foot in CAWG again.  And it
is extremely unlikely that he will ever return as a CAWG cadet.

Does CAWG continue to count every member who was ever on their rosters as "CAWG members"
even though they transfer?

"That Others May Zoom"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on April 02, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

Works both ways.

Which makes him a...

...COWG cadet.

"Why" he's a COWG cadet is irrelevant. Who says he's ever coming back to CAWG?  He could
join the USAF, get deployed, wing up in Texas and never set foot in CAWG again.  And it
is extremely unlikely that he will ever return as a CAWG cadet.

Does CAWG continue to count every member who was ever on their rosters as "CAWG members"
even though they transfer?

Back in the day, it was common to leave membership with the home unit when going to school out of state. It was seen as a loyalty thing - the squadron that raised a cadet could be credited with whatever the cadet earned or did.

Of course, it was problematic when it came to sign-offs etc.

But, in this case, what does it matter? An experienced and qualified CAP cadet was selected to fill a CAP cadet position. Does his current charter number change anything?

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Eclipse

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on April 03, 2014, 01:13:56 AMBut, in this case, what does it matter? An experienced and qualified CAP cadet was selected to fill a CAP cadet position. Does his current charter number change anything?

Yes it changes who is responsible for his training.

If I were the wing CC, I'd make darn sure that my activities and training were focused on the members of my wing,
not cleaning up the mess of the failed programs next door.  This isn't the military, it's CAP, and most encampments
are a family of like-minded insane people willing to give up their time and treasure to the support of people
around them.  It's always nice to have some outside voices and involvement, but on the edge, not the core.

There is a whole 'nother echelon that is charged with activities that have a multi-wing scope.  It's called a
"Region", and if a Region CC wants to run a multi-wing encampment, more power to them, but a "Wing's"
encampment should be focused on the local members as staff and cadre.

The trouble is that we're shrinking as an organization so steadily that as wings can no longer run their own activities,
instead of pressing the issue with the failed wing, we just push the cadets somewhere else as if that is supposed to
be the "other dude's problem".

It's an issue, as mentioned but not picked up, that a significant number of cadets from another wing have "decided"
to go to CAWG, without, apparently, deeming it important to ask if that "decision" will negatively affect the activity,
or even if the activity can support their involvement.

I've seen this from both sides - I don't necessarily think Wings should bar participation in other wings (seen that recently),
or from other wings, but that pre-supposes that both respective wings have thriving programs and we're talking
onesie-twosies of experienced cadets with a few local encampments who want a different flavor, or simply
cannot get to their own wing's activity.

A wing either flooding a neighbor's encampment, or a wing CC letting his cadets go in large numbers to other wings,
can kill a program, one way or another, and then one or the other wing finds itself without an encampment
through no specific fault of its own, or more importantly, those hard-working insane people.

Wing CC's need to get a lot more directly involved in these issues and start repairing their own ships instead
of letting things "happen as they will", and supporting home-field activities instead of this "all one CAP nonsense"
which makes a convenient excuse, but doesn't fit the way CAP really works today.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on April 03, 2014, 01:28:19 AM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on April 03, 2014, 01:13:56 AMBut, in this case, what does it matter? An experienced and qualified CAP cadet was selected to fill a CAP cadet position. Does his current charter number change anything?

Yes it changes who is responsible for his training.

If I were the wing CC, I'd make darn sure that my activities and training were focused on the members of my wing,
not cleaning up the mess of the failed programs next door.  This isn't the military, it's CAP, and most encampments
are a family of like-minded insane people willing to give up their time and treasure to the support of people
around them.  It's always nice to have some outside voices and involvement, but on the edge, not the core.

There is a whole 'nother echelon that is charged with activities that have a multi-wing scope.  It's called a
"Region", and if a Region CC wants to run a multi-wing encampment, more power to them, but a "Wing's"
encampment should be focused on the local members as staff and cadre.

The trouble is that we're shrinking as an organization so steadily that as wings can no longer run their own activities,
instead of pressing the issue with the failed wing, we just push the cadets somewhere else as if that is supposed to
be the "other dude's problem".

It's an issue, as mentioned but not picked up, that a significant number of cadets from another wing have "decided"
to go to CAWG, without, apparently, deeming it important to ask if that "decision" will negatively affect the activity,
or even if the activity can support their involvement.

I've seen this from both sides - I don't necessarily think Wings should bar participation in other wings (seen that recently),
or from other wings, but that pre-supposes that both respective wings have thriving programs and we're talking
onesie-twosies of experienced cadets with a few local encampments who want a different flavor, or simply
cannot get to their own wing's activity.

A wing either flooding a neighbor's encampment, or a wing CC letting his cadets go in large numbers to other wings,
can kill a program, one way or another, and then one or the other wing finds itself without an encampment
through no specific fault of its own, or more importantly, those hard-working insane people.

Wing CC's need to get a lot more directly involved in these issues and start repairing their own ships instead
of letting things "happen as they will", and supporting home-field activities instead of this "all one CAP nonsense"
which makes a convenient excuse, but doesn't fit the way CAP really works today.

I'm getting deja vu.

a2capt

The view from the surface .. you mean to tell me that in a large wing like CAWG there were -NO- qualified cadets that could have served in that role, that wanted to actually do it?

I can understand in a wing like Rhode Island (being used as a hypothetical example) where they could be getting an encampment program off the ground, where they might have participated in joint encampment for several years, and need the mentorship. But a wing that is currently showing 1,499 cadets? Not a one? Those that applied were that far less desired over someone who's disconnected and moved on?

The whole sense of entitlement and heirism just needs to go, because that is exactly what that smacks of, and it's not the first time it's been done. Does it impact me directly? No. Do I see it impacting others? A bit, yes. For exactly the same questions raised. "why did they have to go get someone from outside the wing?"

The whole "Cadet Training Group" mentality has gone too far. CAWG has 8 groups, not 9. For a 10 day activity, they sure throw the "Group" in the CTG around quite a bit, in ways of influencing other activities.

Майор Хаткевич

I'm just wondering how they manage the whole "thousands of miles away" in terms of planning. You'd think this cadet would be more focused on his academics...

a2capt

I meant to mention that too, .. someone from over there who really should be worried about the USAFA, not some event a thousand miles back down the road..

Do as I say, not as I do. Will the C/CC be at the Staff Selection event? I guess time will tell. They certainly harangue everyone else to be there if they expect to get chosen for staff.. Though I'm actually convinced that it's all a charade, they've made their minds up already. Much like the experience that started this thread. 

PA Guy

Quote from: usafaux2004 on April 03, 2014, 06:21:19 AM
I'm just wondering how they manage the whole "thousands of miles away" in terms of planning. You'd think this cadet would be more focused on his academics...

We live in an electronic world. For the last few yrs the bulk of the encampment is planned electronically.  The cadet's  academic affairs are none of your or my business. I can tell you it was discussed long and hard by the selection board.

PA Guy

Quote from: a2capt on April 03, 2014, 07:01:58 AM
I meant to mention that too, .. someone from over there who really should be worried about the USAFA, not some event a thousand miles back down the road..

Do as I say, not as I do. Will the C/CC be at the Staff Selection event? I guess time will tell. They certainly harangue everyone else to be there if they expect to get chosen for staff.. Though I'm actually convinced that it's all a charade, they've made their minds up already. Much like the experience that started this thread.

This is becoming personal. You have a long history of animosity toward the CAWG Encampment and seldom miss a chance to grind your saw often using half truths and innuendo. In this thread you have repeatedly questioned the competence, and most importantly the integrity of many members. You refer to a CTG Clique. Does it include seniors or just cadets? Do you honestly believe a bunch of cadets sit around and determine who will be selected for Encampment Staff?? There may be cadets who hang out together but any power they may think they have is strictly in their dreams particularly in the past 3-4 yrs,

I'm sorry you feel that you are being" harangued" about cadets being encouraged to attend the SSX The intent is to make sure cadet's are aware of the activity and have a chance to apply. It also attempts to create a transparent process and a level playing field. After all it is pretty hard to expect a job if you don't show up for the interview.

Yes the C/CC does plan to attend SSX.

What exactly do you mean by charade?  Are you suggesting all of the positions for cadets have already been selected? The only cadets selected so far are the C/CC and the executive staff. All others will be selected at SSX

Your posts on this thread have had nothing to do with the OP's question or problem. It just provides a forum for you to grind your axe.

The opening sentence of your post I quoted sets the tone for the rest of the post. Cheap shot.

If you have any further questions why not direct them to the Encampment Commander.

SilentPhantom

Works both ways.

I happen to be in that CC's COWG squadron. He'll be a fantastic CC. He's a freshman at USAFA and a C/Maj and fromerly a CAWG cadet.
C/2dLt