Main Menu

IN encampment

Started by Allen, June 04, 2011, 04:49:41 PM

Allen

this is my first year being in CAP i am senior airmen...is there anyother requirements nessicary for encampment?
in the words of my squadron commander Major Frank E Merrill "He who sweats learns quickly" :)
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

davidsinn

Quote from: Allen on June 04, 2011, 04:49:41 PM
this is my first year being in CAP i am senior airmen...is there anyother requirements nessicary for encampment?

Did you get all the paperwork in? If it's on the packing list, bring it. If it's not on the packing list leave it at home.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

sneakers

Be sure to start exercising regularly if you aren't now. Some encampments are more strenuous than others, but at mine it was very intense.

FO Jenkins

i assume ur going to the IN summer encampment at Camp frying pan... uhh i mean camp atterbury. i was there last summer for nesa and IN encampment and it is HOT all day and night, little shade so bring sunscreen and USE IT. I also brought two of alot of things, one to set up in my locker the proper way and one to use, that was kept in bag ontop of locker. If you dont bring doubles at least bring extra pt clothing. due to hot whether we only wore BDUs on the first two days, beyond that we were in pt 24/7 and even on graduation they were looking for ways to keep us frm over heating.

but just a reminder, this was ONE summer, each year staff and weather are different

jimmydeanno

It's a good thing you don't go to southern encampments, then.  Last year, our wing's was 100+ degrees each day, no rain, 90%+ humidity.  We wished it was only as hot as a frying pan :P
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Spaceman3750

Quote from: FO Jenkins on June 17, 2011, 01:59:13 AM
i assume ur going to the IN summer encampment at Camp frying pan... uhh i mean camp atterbury. i was there last summer for nesa and IN encampment and it is HOT all day and night, little shade so bring sunscreen and USE IT. I also brought two of alot of things, one to set up in my locker the proper way and one to use, that was kept in bag ontop of locker. If you dont bring doubles at least bring extra pt clothing. due to hot whether we only wore BDUs on the first two days, beyond that we were in pt 24/7 and even on graduation they were looking for ways to keep us frm over heating.

but just a reminder, this was ONE summer, each year staff and weather are different

I've had the pleasure of attending NESA a couple of years at Atterbury and I don't believe the military has a temperature flag that's not red or black.