Define "one year of JROTC"

Started by KPinAK, June 18, 2018, 03:07:27 AM

KPinAK

Do you all think "1 year" here is defined as a whole school year (August to May for example) or a calendar year (August to August).  We just had a cadet join our squadron.  He was in JROTC all last school year.  It's June.  He could conceivably promote twice before the new school year starts if we are looking at just a *school* year, but only once if not.  This may also arise the next few summers for him (and a couple others now that I overanalyze it)

CAPR 60-1
5.6.2.3. Accelerated Promotions. Cadets who have earned JROTC course credit may advance at
twice the normal rate, with just 4 weeks (28 days) between achievements and awards. This accelerated
rate is available to cadets with 1 year's JROTC credit through Phase I, with 2 years' credit through Phase
II, with 3 years' credit through Phase III, and with 4 years' credit through Phase IV. Standard promotion
requirements apply; only the rate of advancement is affected.5.6.2.3. Accelerated Promotions. Cadets who have earned JROTC course credit may advance at
twice the normal rate, with just 4 weeks (28 days) between achievements and awards. This accelerated
rate is available to cadets with 1 year's JROTC credit through Phase I, with 2 years' credit through Phase
II, with 3 years' credit through Phase III, and with 4 years' credit through Phase IV. Standard promotion
requirements apply; only the rate of advancement is affected.

PS--Will someone PM me if they respond? I don't know if I get any sort of notice if someone responds to my thread.  Thank you!!

OldGuy

Quote from: KPinAK on June 18, 2018, 03:07:27 AM
Do you all think "1 year" here is defined as a whole school year (August to May for example) or a calendar year (August to August).  We just had a cadet join our squadron.  He was in JROTC all last school year.  It's June.  He could conceivably promote twice before the new school year starts if we are looking at just a *school* year, but only once if not.  This may also arise the next few summers for him (and a couple others now that I overanalyze it)

CAPR 60-1
5.6.2.3. Accelerated Promotions. Cadets who have earned JROTC course credit may advance at
requirements apply; only the rate of advancement is affected.5.6.2.3. Accelerated Promotions. Cadets who have earned JROTC course credit may advance at
requirements apply; only the rate of advancement is affected.

PS--Will someone PM me if they respond? I don't know if I get any sort of notice if someone responds to my thread.  Thank you!!
School year - two semesters.

kwe1009

It it a school year.  The courses are designed to take place during a school year so a JROTC cadet would not be taking any classes most summers when school is out of session.

jebaugh

As stated above, it is one ACADEMIC year, also, it does NOT have to be Air Force JROTC, any service's curriculum is satisfactory.
1st Lt Jake Baugh
Asst Director Cadet Programs
Alaska Wing, CAP

TheSkyHornet

Along with the above:
"1 year's...credit..." would be the school term.

A 'school year' is considered start-to-finish, not calendar dates.