official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

DennisH

If you mean the version of PFC that has nothing to do with rank then yes Sir  ;). I come from a time when you road the rank roller coaster  to learn from your mistakes. :)
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Assistant Testing Officer
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

West MI-CAP-Ret

Hello, I joined CAP in 1974 after visiting the Air Force museum and watching in wonder two groups of kids.  One group, the jafrotc, and another group, a cap unit.  Guess which group had sloppy uniforms, long hair, and messing around?  I was drawn to the squared away group.  I was a Boy Scout but was impressed with what I saw.  It took me 2 months to find a local cap unit.  Found 'em in the white pages under us government.

My name is David D'Arcy who was recently appointed personnel officer for West Michigan Group 703.  I'd love to hear from anyone from the old Cherry Hill Cadet Squadron, 20183...
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Texas Raiders

Hello to all!  My name is Randy Patterson and I am originally from southeast Texas.  I joined CAP in 1994 at the age of 14 and became a member of the Mid-County Composite Squadron in Nederland, Texas.  The Mid-County was later renamed the 273rd in honor of the 273rd Electronics Installation Squadron of the ANG, whose facilities we operated out of.  The 273rd was a very active CAP unit and was known for its ground teams.  Sadly, the 273rd is no longer a composite squadron.  It is now known as the Spindletop Cadet Squadron.  Anyway, in 1998, I enlisted in the United States Coast Guard and as a result became a senior member.  I served for two more years as a senior until I was transferred to the USCG Academy at New London, CT.  I became inactive at that point and never renewed.  After 12 years of military service and a career change (career firefighter/ EMT-B), I have decided to rejoin CAP and carry on.  I will be serving the 399th Comp. Squadron of Danbury, CT. 
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

RogueLeader

Thank you for your Service, and welcome to CapTalk, and welcome back to CAP from an ex army engineer.

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

FDLT19

Ok,

So, after a lengthy hiatus from the CAP, i.e. started a family, career, etc, I am in the unique position to join again as my son is rapidly approaching the age where he is quizzing dad about it.  This goes without saying, as most of my closest friends were both cadets and senior members with me, and this fact that this organization had a profound impact on me both personally and professionally.

I am here to feel the tempo, and see the changes, as I have about three years lead time before he turns twelve and need to spin back up to speed it this is something I do with him, or decide to let him make his own way. 

Comments are welcome

-J

jimmydeanno

Quote from: FDLT19 on December 09, 2012, 09:17:41 PM
Ok,

So, after a lengthy hiatus from the CAP, i.e. started a family, career, etc, I am in the unique position to join again as my son is rapidly approaching the age where he is quizzing dad about it.  This goes without saying, as most of my closest friends were both cadets and senior members with me, and this fact that this organization had a profound impact on me both personally and professionally.

I am here to feel the tempo, and see the changes, as I have about three years lead time before he turns twelve and need to spin back up to speed it this is something I do with him, or decide to let him make his own way. 

Comments are welcome

-J

Have you ever wanted to be a squadron commander? 

I keed, I keed.

Welcome back!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Elihu.Lowery

Hello everyone,
As you can guess by my user name my name is Elihu Lowery, I have just been Honorably discharged from the Air Force after 9.1 years as a Security Forces member and am a OEF veteran. I joined CAP back in July 1993 as a Flight Officer but I have not been active for several years (but I did maintain my membership) and have just started to attend unit meetings again with the intent to become active once again. But, one of the things I have found to be interesting about CAP is how I can be hard core for several years become inactive for a few years then return to my unit to find that I do not know anyone there. Oh, well there is something to be said about a fresh start and all I can say is "It's good to be back".
Elihu J. Lowery, MSgt., CAP
Cadet Programs NCO
SER-AL-090 117Th ANG Composite Squadron

SarDragon

Quote from: Elihu.Lowery on December 15, 2012, 05:56:29 AM
Hello everyone,
As you can guess by my user name my name is Elihu Lowery, I have just been Honorably discharged from the Air Force after 9.1 years as a Security Forces member and am a OEF veteran. I joined CAP back in July 1993 as a Flight Officer but I have not been active for several years (but I did maintain my membership) and have just started to attend unit meetings again with the intent to become active once again. But, one of the things I have found to be interesting about CAP is how I can be hard core for several years become inactive for a few years then return to my unit to find that I do not know anyone there. Oh, well there is something to be said about a fresh start and all I can say is "It's good to be back".

That's exactly how you should do it. Go in, get a feel for the unit, and see where you'll fit in. Hard core will come later, and might not be as big a deal as it was when you left.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Paul_AK

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul and currently I'm a SSgt in the USAF as a Security Forces member. I joined the Kenai Composite Squadron back home in Alaska in 1999 as a cadet and made it up to Earhart before my enlistment. Afterwards I upgraded to Senior member and achieved the rank of 1Lt in the Montana Wing. Unfortunately my job there precluded me from taking a very active role despite holding various positions such as Emergency Services Officer for the Malmstrom Squadron and Recruiting and Retention Officer (if only for a short time before deployment) for the Wing.

Currently my membership is lapsed due to being stationed at a location where there is absolutely no CAP presence (NAS Sigonella in Sicily), the closest unit is Ramstein. I intend to renew in the near future and hopefully find a way to complete my ESO specialty track and take it from there. I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing qhat everyone has to say!

Paul M.
Paul M. McBride
TSgt, 176 SFS, AKANG
1st Lt, AK CAP

Earhart #13376

mhammack

Hello all,

My name is Mark and I've been in CAP about six months.  After visiting a couple of squadrons, I wound up in Nighthawk Composite Squadron in Denton, TX.  Unlike some, the closest I ever came to the military was the test (USAFA, AF ROTC, AGOQT), but wound up in the private sector.  After earning my pilot's license, I looked for ways to use it for the common good.  For whatever reason, CAP never occurred to me, then one day, I started looking into it.  So far it has been a great fit and I am glad I joined.  My only regret is not having done so years ago.

See you around

1st Lt L. Mark Hammack  SWR-TX-413

a2capt

Garibaldi

>:D
Quote from: a2capt on December 28, 2012, 04:13:16 AM
The Home of Happiness!

I thought that was Denton, OH? Either way say hi to Dr. Scott for me...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Cadet Basic Castillo

Hello, I am a fairly new recruit I just joined a few minutes ago. I am Cadet Castillo, I have gone to 2 CAP meetings so far and I hope to attend more. I love being in CAP it has taught me a lot! So yeah, want to know anything just ask. I am from the Utah Wing, I am part of the Thunderbird Composite Squadron.
I am proud to be in the Civil Air Patrol.

dwb

Hi everyone! I'm user #16 on CAP Talk, but it's been so long since I've posted I thought I might re-introduce myself.

I'm Dan Brodsky. Currently the Director of Cadet Programs for Virginia Wing. Former Group Commander, Squadron Commander, Assistant IG, and a bunch of other things, all as a member of New York Wing. I moved to Virginia last year and DCP is my first assignment here (nothing like jumping in with both feet!) I was an Eaker cadet and have been in CAP for over 20 years.

Can't promise I'll post often, but here I am and it's nice to see this board still thriving after all these years. Cheers!

Cap'n

Quote from: Cadet Basic Castillo on January 01, 2013, 05:41:40 AM
Hello, I am a fairly new recruit I just joined a few minutes ago. I am Cadet Castillo, I have gone to 2 CAP meetings so far and I hope to attend more. I love being in CAP it has taught me a lot! So yeah, want to know anything just ask. I am from the Utah Wing, I am part of the Thunderbird Composite Squadron.

Welcome to Civil Air Patrol, and CAPTalk! Feel free to PM me with any questions you have about the program, and I'd be happy to answer them.

C/SMSgt

Stonewall

Quote from: dwb on January 03, 2013, 01:43:31 AM
Hi everyone! I'm user #16 on CAP Talk, but it's been so long since I've posted I thought I might re-introduce myself.

I'm Dan Brodsky. Currently the Director of Cadet Programs for Virginia Wing.

Are you the former Blackhawk pilot?

Serving since 1987.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

dwb

Quote from: Stonewall on January 03, 2013, 03:37:33 AM
Are you the former Blackhawk pilot?

You may be thinking of someone else. ;-)

Simplex

Quote from: Elihu.Lowery on December 15, 2012, 05:56:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your service and Welcome Back.

celticwolf

Okay, just thought I'd note there's yet another member here. :) Was a cadet back in the late 80's/early 90's, rejoined in Wyoming Wing back in '10, now in Eugene and wearing a whole bunch of hats both at squadron and wing. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and I look forward to talking with you all.
1st. Lt. Adrian Nunenkamp, CAP
DCC Mahlon-Sweet Composite Squadron
ORWG Director of Information Technology