official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on August 21, 2012, 04:47:58 AM
What's wrong with what I said?

First sergeant is not a rank, therefore you can't be demoted from something you were never promoted to.

Being a position, you are assigned and relieved.

Simple.

Do you not remember the great debate of two weeks ago?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SarDragon

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 21, 2012, 12:09:40 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on August 21, 2012, 04:47:58 AM
What's wrong with what I said?

First sergeant is not a rank, therefore you can't be demoted from something you were never promoted to.

Being a position, you are assigned and relieved.

Simple.

Do you not remember the great debate of two weeks ago?

Probably not. If I participated then, I probably said the same thing.

Edit: Reread the other post. SSDD. My comment above is still germane.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Sgt. Fischer

Guys! It's okay! Who cares about the insignia? Besides, I'm gonna be quitting CAP soon anyway.......

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Devil Doc

Hello, Earthlings.

I'm Here Joined CAP Officially in July, waiting to pick up The Butter Bar. I am very active in CAP, i will be lurking around to see what sparks my interest.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Stonewall

Welcome, Doc.  Good to have another veteran on board.

Where were you a HM?  I've got a good friend who is a SWCC HM.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Devil Doc on August 27, 2012, 01:28:58 PM
Hello, Earthlings.

I'm Here Joined CAP Officially in July, waiting to pick up The Butter Bar. I am very active in CAP, i will be lurking around to see what sparks my interest.

Hey Doc, I'm guessing from your username you were a greenside doc?  Welcome!  There's a few of us current and former devil dogs around here. You're in good company!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Devil Doc

Yes, I was with 3rd Battallion 4th Marines, out of the lovely place called 29 Palms, CA. I got into CAP to try to stay active, since my injury it is hard to move around, so i try to stay fit the best i can. Thank you for the welcomes, ill be glad to be part of the team.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Pylon

Quote from: Devil Doc on August 27, 2012, 05:22:25 PM
Yes, I was with 3rd Battallion 4th Marines, out of the lovely place called 29 Palms, CA. I got into CAP to try to stay active, since my injury it is hard to move around, so i try to stay fit the best i can. Thank you for the welcomes, ill be glad to be part of the team.

'Rah Doc!  Hanging out with my fellow grunts, too.  Love it.

Devil Doc

If anyone wants to give me any pointers to help my advancement, training, fitting in with CAP or whatever, just let me kow im all ears.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Terry W.

Hello,

My name is a Terry and I am a member of the KS Wing Junction City Composite Squadron. I was a Cadet and rejoined as a Senior Member while stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. I have belonged to NC and GA wings as well. Unfortunately I am on a DOD directed break from CAP as I am at the lovely Sandals resort here in Afghanistan and thought I would join the site to stay in the loop.

Devil Doc

Sandles Resort in Afghanistan, awesomre place!!
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

umpirecali

Hello all. I've been lurking on this forum a little while. I am new SM so I don't know what I don't know yet.  I am excited to get my feet in he air soon!
Capt Chris Cali, CAP
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets

Cool Mace

Quote from: umpirecali on September 04, 2012, 04:29:22 AM
Hello all. I've been lurking on this forum a little while. I am new SM so I don't know what I don't know yet.  I am excited to get my feet in he air soon!

Welcome to the "Dark Side" of CAP! This is a great/bad place to ask questions. One thing to remember, the search will be your friend for finding answers first. If you can't find it, then start a new thread.

Happy trails!
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Pylon

Quote from: Terry W. on September 01, 2012, 11:05:17 PM
Hello,

My name is a Terry and I am a member of the KS Wing Junction City Composite Squadron. I was a Cadet and rejoined as a Senior Member while stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. I have belonged to NC and GA wings as well. Unfortunately I am on a DOD directed break from CAP as I am at the lovely Sandals resort here in Afghanistan and thought I would join the site to stay in the loop.

Welcome Terry!  I hear the ClubMed there is nicer.

BFreemanMA

New Senior Member recruit, checking in here!
SM Freeman from the Westover Composite Squadron, NER-MA-015
Will have my summary conversation tomorrow at our meeting for Level I. From there, I look to gain ratings in both AE and ES in Level II. No prior CAP or military experience, although I'm glad to serve my state and country as a civilian through CAP!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: BFreemanMA on September 11, 2012, 02:07:45 AM
New Senior Member recruit, checking in here!
SM Freeman from the Westover Composite Squadron, NER-MA-015
Will have my summary conversation tomorrow at our meeting for Level I. From there, I look to gain ratings in both AE and ES in Level II. No prior CAP or military experience, although I'm glad to serve my state and country as a civilian through CAP!

Welcome to a fellow Massho... err, Massachusettsian. ;)

BFreemanMA

Haha, thank you. Good to be here! Time to learn!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

AngelWings

Quote from: BFreemanMA on September 12, 2012, 02:59:45 AM
Yet another Taxachusetts CAP member. Welcome to CAP and MAWG!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: BFreemanMA on September 12, 2012, 02:59:45 AM

Welcome to CAPTalk, Sir!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

docbiochem33

Quote from: Devil Doc on August 27, 2012, 05:22:25 PM

I was 1st BN, 24 Marines, 4th Marine Div. as an HN.  I was regular Army and was out 7 years when I got back in.  They put me with a Marine unit because I had been in Infantry, Cav, and hospital units before.  I had to transfer to a hospital unit for a short time since it was a reserve gig and was so busy trying to find a job after college.  I did this because I drove for about 1.5 hours and didn't remember a thing.  I just remember waking up getting ready to make a turn onto a ramp from I-94 to I-75 near Ann Arbor.  This was about the second time I didn't remember a drive home, but that one scared me enough that I had to ask for the transfer because I was scared next drill would be the last.

I ended getting out a few months later due to medical problems.  I miss it sometimes, but I miss the Cav the most because Armor is fun and it is better to ride than to walk everywhere.  Well, it is better until you realize that the big red cross on the side of your vehicle is a great place for the DAT's to bore sight their M1'S and the enemy to use as an aiming point.