official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

AeonsWing

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Danny. I'm a Senior Member in the Gwinnett Squadron down here in Georgia. I'm brand new to all of this, but I just got my Level I and GES finished up, so I'm ready to hit the ground running! I've been obsessed with aviation almost my entire life, and CAP seemed like a perfect way for me to get closer to my passion, while being able to give back to the community.

I'm also the new Historian for my squadron, so if anyone has any helpful advice on that (or Mission Scanner training), I'm all ears!

See you in the air!
SM Daniel L. Cook
Historian, Gwinnett Squadron
SER-GA-112

BillB

Since the CAP Ass't National Historian and CAP Historical Foundation Curator drops by CAPTalk, you may hear from him. He is also in Georgia.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

Quote from: BillB on July 18, 2011, 09:26:17 AM
Since the CAP Ass't National Historian and CAP Historical Foundation Curator drops by CAPTalk, you may hear from him. He is also in Georgia.

Bill you forgot to take your meds didnt you.

The Assistant National Historian is Lt Col Todd Engelman and he lives in Dayton, OH.

The National Curator and CAPHF Executive Director lives in Leesburg, GA......tis me

Do I need to send the black vans to take you to the pharmacy?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

BillB

Does the Pharmacy accept Medicare?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

AggiePilot

Hi all,

I joined CAP a few years ago, didn't know this place existed 'till I heard a few cadets talking about it the other night. Figured I might as well join in so I can be cool and talk to those cadets now!  8)

HGjunkie

Quote from: AggiePilot on August 08, 2011, 09:51:28 PM
Hi all,

I joined CAP a few years ago, didn't know this place existed 'till I heard a few cadets talking about it the other night. Figured I might as well join in so I can be cool and talk to those cadets now!  8)

Banned already?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pump Scout

Now that I've lurked a bit and posted some here and there...

I'm Ben Kohnen, Senior Member from central Wisconsin. 25 years ago, I was a cadet early in the Stevens Point Composite Squadron's existence, and came back in this March to find the unit thriving. Since I was coming back, I brought one of my daughters along for the ride, and the experience so far has given her a focus she badly needed. In between then and now, I served six years in the Army as a Cavalry Scout (explains half my user name), and took up paintball, specifically focusing on pump-action markers (the other half of the name). Married, had five kids, got involved in real estate title work, and have a volunteer moderator position on the largest sports forum on the internet, PBNation.com. Since coming back into CAP, I've decided to work toward being a dual-capability member, training for Scanner duties as well as Ground Team. I figure that way, no matter what the scenario is, I can be of some assistance either in the air or on the ground.

RickFranz

^ Welcome

I have been able to spend some time in WI this last five years working at Oshkosh, that is one beautiful state you have there.  Welcome to CAPTALK!
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Extremepredjudice

Heyyo all,

I am probably posting in the wrong section, but here is my introduction, anyway.

I am a c/Sra. Almost a staff sgt ( pasted the test and review board, I am just waiting for the time to pass).
I am heading to honor guard academy next week... :D

I'm a veteran forumer, and I am going to use captalk to help me know more about CAP..

I am also a total nerd... I code in most of C derivatives, php, jscript, css, etc...
I'd like to offer my skills, and develop a mobile site for captalk... I'll add it to my list of projects... :)

If your squadron needs web design, hit me up, I will do it for free.

~extreme predjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Briski

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 20, 2011, 07:28:06 PM
I am also a total nerd... I code in most of C derivatives, php, jscript, css, etc...
I'd like to offer my skills, and develop a mobile site for captalk... I'll add it to my list of projects... :)

If your squadron needs web design, hit me up, I will do it for free.

Be careful how widely you advertise this; Lord knows most CAP websites could use some serious help!  ;D

Welcome aboard!
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

Extremepredjudice

Heh, I noticed, that is why I offered... I can code a php site in a few hours...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Dracosbane

I'm not new here, I just wanted to brag.

Check out the new sig box.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

Tell that to the rack builder.  Which ones?

Eclipse

HA!  Made you look!

Congrats on the promotion!

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

Nice.

Thanks, though.  I've been waiting for my railroad tracks for a while.  That gold oak leaf is gonna take forever.

LPike

Greetings!

My name is Lydia and I am new here. I've been in CAP just over 2 years and I am the DCC and PAO for our squadron. By national standards we are probably a small squadron but average for Louisiana with 24 cadets and 15 seniors. The cadet program recently experienced a growth spurt.

I hope to get new ideas and bounce ideas off others here.

"Semper Ascendo"

Lydia
Ascension Composite