official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: RoxySox on December 13, 2008, 12:22:03 PM
Semper Vigilantis

You may want to stick with the "Marine Corps style" and go with Sember Vi.  It's Semper Vigilans.

Welcome aboard, Sergeant.

What's your status in CAP?  Former cadet turned senior or did you have a break in CAP service?  Which wing?  What's your specialty track?
Serving since 1987.

Timbo

^ Semper Stargate Atlantis     >:D

Gunner C

roxysox

Whoops, ha ha, I was sleepy when I wrote it. It was a temporary loss of situational awareness!

JAFO78

Quote from: roxysox on December 20, 2008, 01:56:35 PM
Whoops, ha ha, I was sleepy when I wrote it. It was a temporary loss of situational awareness!

Oh that's just normal around here. It must be the Kool-aid.  ::)
JAFO

wyocop

Capt. John Burkett Wy. Wing CV, I'm here, and looking for ICS 300/400 back to back classes. Info requested Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas
JohnB
"The Truth Is Out There"

Dirtman

Thought I would give an intro:  I joined CAP as a cadet in 79, got my Earhart and took the Spaatz a few days before my 21st, and didn't pass it.  Oh well........  Made the transition to the "dark side" and just stayed around.  Been a squadron commander, now just a member of the supporting cast.  Have done the ES thing as ground team, but now find that I like to stay close to the coffee and doughnuts where it is warm and dry.  Dirtman is a nickname that I got from one of my clients when I was working one of my former jobs that has just stuck, because I had to "play in the dirt" on that job so to speak.  Anyway hello all.

Stonewall

Welcome, Dirtman.  What job did you have "playing in the dirt"?
Serving since 1987.

Dirtman

I worked for a company that collected soil samples for multi element assay.  We did everything from simple nutrient analysis to effluent and petroleum detection, water samples, pesticide detection and more.  Everything it seems but Radon.  Lots of good work, outside most of the time, private clients are the best, they pay, usually on time, except for those who get government grants, they don't pay until Uncle Sam pays, so you learn who to ask for money up front.  I did it for 18 years and got tired of not knowing if or when we would get paid and I had about maxed out on advancement.

es_g0d

Well, "I'm here!"  I don't know why it took me so long to join this format, remembering the long-winded CAPtalk listserver (may it rest in peace).  Hello, all!
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

IceNine

Good to see you here Scott.  Been a big fan of your work for a long time.

Welcome aboard, may you get as animated as the rest of us.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

es_g0d

Heh, thanks!  I very well may ... its been known to happen before!  I'm as opinionated as they come, but hopefully with informed opinions!  :D

-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

JAFO78

Quote from: IceNine on January 07, 2009, 01:49:34 AM
Good to see you here Scott.  Been a big fan of your work for a long time.

Welcome aboard, may you get as animated as the rest of us.

Animated? No its just too much caffeine..........up, up and away!!!!!!!
JAFO

Stonewall

Quote from: es_g0d on January 07, 2009, 12:55:51 AM
Well, "I'm here!"  I don't know why it took me so long to join this format, remembering the long-winded CAPtalk listserver (may it rest in peace).  Hello, all!
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

That's your website?  Haven't seen it in years but I used to check it out back in the day (a Wednesday by the way).  Welcome aboard.
Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Rob Goodman on December 13, 2008, 02:11:56 PM
Welcome to CAP Talk. I'm sure you will hold up against all the wise crackers here.

Who are you calling crackers, and how does that make me wise? ???  I just don't get some people. . . . .  .

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Beachjumper85

Hello group; I need to sign-on...old, retired LTC (retired out of Texas)-CAP and retired BG, TXSG--136th AirWing. Was Texas Senior Member of the Year for 2001 and the TXSG Guardsman-of-the-Year for '01 & '02. Befoere that, was USAF Logistics and Operations down at Duke Field and Hurlburt Field.
While in Cap; completed Level IV; Master rated Logistics and Safety badges.
Love this site !!

RogueLeader

Quote from: Beachjumper85 on January 11, 2009, 02:09:28 PM

Hello group; I need to sign-on...old, retired LTC (retired out of Texas)-CAP and retired BG, TXSG--136th AirWing. Was Texas Senior Member of the Year for 2001 and the TXSG Guardsman-of-the-Year for '01 & '02. Befoere that, was USAF Logistics and Operations down at Duke Field and Hurlburt Field.
While in Cap; completed Level IV; Master rated Logistics and Safety badges.
Love this site !!

Glad to have you aboard Sir.  Enjoy yourself and I hope to learn from your experiances.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Chicago_Pilot

Ok, I just signed up for this board.  So I guess I am here.

CAPLAW

CPT Anderson

Hi, I'm CAPT Chelle Anderson, currently in TX WG, attached to Shoemaker Composite Squadron.  I am the Deputy Squadron Commander and DCC, have been  in CAP since I was 12, I am 27 now, made it to Eaker, failed my Spaatz by a point on the Aerospace, passed everything else....grew up at Delta CS in Houston, TX and was in several other wings.  Just came from VA wing on Group II staff as the Cadet Programs Director.  Am now working with NHQ on the Operational Excellence Program.......
Capt Chelle L. Anderson, CAP
(CPT, US Army, RET)