C/1stSgt Assingments

Started by FNelson, February 20, 2019, 03:38:57 PM

FNelson

Can C/SSgt and C/TSgt be assigned as squadron cadet 1st Sergeant? I am currently my squadron's C/1stSgt but I will soon be promoting to C/2ndLt and am trying to decide who will be the next C/1stSgt.
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

Eclipse

First Shirt requires C/MSgt or higher.

See 60-1, page 20

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

No. You must be a C/MSgt, C/SMSgt, or C/CMSgt per CAPR 60-1 Table 4.1:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPR_601__Cadet_Program_Management__36D2A228D5925.pdf
(Page 20)

In the former Cadet Program regulations (CAPR 52-16), you could be virtually any grade; wearing a diamond (lozenge) pin above the insignia indicated you were a First Sergeant. It's a bad practice because you're taking cadets who don't have the textbook knowledge nor practical experience to serve in the role.

Adam B

Those are the regs.

Another thing to consider: if the most qualified cadet you have for the role is only a C/SSgt, it's likely your squadron isn't large enough to warrant that position, anyway. 

Not every position that exists needs to be filled in every squadron, and filling positions just for the sake of filling them doesn't improve the program.
Adam

Spam

Also... Please remember that deciding personnel assignments is not in your R20-1 position description. Even if you will be installed as Cadet Commander you will recommend, only, to the Squadron CC.

Vr
Spam