Main Menu

Earhart Attempts

Started by Cadet Officer, March 21, 2018, 11:40:36 PM

Cadet Officer

Quote from: Eclipse on May 22, 2018, 01:52:15 AM
Quote from: Cadet Officer on May 22, 2018, 01:45:47 AM
I said that because honestly I was I spend at least two hours a day working on CAP stuff from home and on average two or more days a week doing in person work. I can tell that because I am the vice chair for CAC the Deputy commander for our encampment the assistant to the Cadet Program Cadet for the wing and the wing cadet PAO. Since we have no other Wing Cadet slots and I am in the second highest position in each I can tell and have been told by many Wing Directors

You are hyper-engaged, and should be commended for that.  Good on 'ye.

Being on the Wing CAC, or any other staff role, doesn't make you the #2 cadet in the wing. 
You might be oen of the more / most active and "around", that doesn't necessarily make you
and better (or worse) then any other cadet.

And honestly, it might be time to dial-back just a bit.  CAP is great, but it isn't the end-all / be all,
and I've seen plenty of cadets who do "everything" only to find that they missed a lot of
other things, or ticket-punched their way through the program, missing many lessons.

It's tired cliche, but for cadets it's supposed to be the journey.

I wasn't saying I was better just with activeness in the wing Im the second and of those active rank wise. A lot has been pushed onto me being no one to fill it especially in the squadron. Yes I can tell I've missed things I see people who started at the same time as me enjoying but I have been given so many other great opportunities it makes up for it. It is a journey and we all take our own way through it.

Cadet 38423382

Deleted by moderator.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret