Cadet Recruiting ... ?

Started by CAPLTC, March 04, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

etodd

^^^ Thanks Nin. Great post.

Yes, finances can play a 'part' of it. We try to scholarship as many Cadets as possible for camps and provide as much clothing as possible.

How many other Squadrons reach out to the community for corporate sponsorships? A good way to build up funds for these types of things. Not too hard to find money "for the children". Tug at their heart strings. ;)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

NIN

I'm trying to figure out the way to crack that code with the local VFW & Legion posts...  A couple grand would outfit our troops with ABUs stem to stern and then we could potentially score more for supply. :)

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Quote from: NIN on March 09, 2017, 01:20:28 AM

I'm trying to figure out the way to crack that code with the local VFW & Legion posts...

Many of those folks are looking for money as well.  I want to start looking at those companies around here that think nothing of spending $1000 for a one day sponsorship of just one hole at a charity golf event.

Plenty out there. Just a matter of smoozing at the local Chamber of Commerce. I'm going to try and get more of this going this year. Yes, Squadrons should join the local Chamber.

Sorry about the sidetrack ... but its related.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."